• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/USAir non SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metro, you have a history of lying. Agreeing to binding arbitration and then going back on your word is lying. Don't try to change the subject to Delta, you liar.

Little over the top I would say. I certainly think USAPA was a huge mistake, however, that said, mergers are one big vat of differing perspectives and an ugly proposition no matter who does what. They are never cut and dry deals to say the least. But to to single out an individual and simply call him a "liar" is a little over the top and labels you as just as bad as the USAPA leadership that made promises they couldn't keep. You can make a case that the east guys have been getting screwed over by so many circumstances beyond their control that it is somewhat understandable the path they took.
But the bottom line is you sound like Glenn Beck, which makes you a backmarker in the human race.

Last edited:
C'mon Dan

Are you just tryin to stir the pot? Remember that Usairways will be running the new airline
Or I guess your saying maybe something could happen like when Delta bought certain PAN AM planes (airbus 330's oops meant airbus 310's ) and then only took the pilots who were qualified , cherry picking and out of senority

I guess Delta could do try that again as well! They do have a history of buying western based airlines!

Metrojet

Kind of stirring the pot, but really wondering if you guys had looked at the possibility. USAir or not, the whole USAPA/NIC deal is something they are going to want to put behind them. I really don't think they care how they do it, just that it gets put to bed once and for all.

Little over the top I would say. I certainly think USAPA was a huge mistake, however, that said, mergers are one big vat of differing perspectives and an ugly proposition no matter who does what. They are never cut and dry deals to say the least. But to to single out an individual and simply call him a "liar" is a little over the top and labels you as just as bad as the USAPA leadership that made promises they couldn't keep. You can make a case that the east guys have been getting screwed over by so many circumstances beyond their control that it is somewhat understandable the path they took.
But the bottom line is you sound like Glenn Beck, which makes you a backmarker in the human race.

First off, the you is a generic for the group who he supports. Secondly, it gets old when he tries to deflect from the topic at hand. Not sure if missing that would make you a backmarker...

Kind of stirring the pot, but really wondering if you guys had looked at the possibility. USAir or not, the whole USAPA/NIC deal is something they are going to want to put behind them. I really don't think they care how they do it, just that it gets put to bed once and for all.

Hi Dan

1. Thanks for sticking up for my somewhat "re stirring the pot" response - don't worry - I got think skin - I like politics! ? doh just didn't have anything intelligent to add so he just decided to insult me.

2. You are 100 percent correct that we just want to put this whole senority issue behind us - but that doesn't mean we are going to move out of the entire house and let others take what we have spent our whole careers working on.

3. Still hoping for a ride on one of those shiny purple a 330's. - maybe this summer!

Take care
Metrojet

Hi Dan

1. Thanks for sticking up for my somewhat "re stirring the pot" response - don't worry - I got think skin - I like politics! ? doh just didn't have anything intelligent to add so he just decided to insult me.

2. You are 100 percent correct that we just want to put this whole senority issue behind us - but that doesn't mean we are going to move out of the entire house and let others take what we have spent our whole careers working on.

3. Still hoping for a ride on one of those shiny purple a 330's. - maybe this summer!

Take care
Metrojet

No worries, I may not exactly have been a big fan of USAPA on here, but I would hate to see the USAir guys get a bad deal out of this. I always err on tho optimistic side, but I think ultimately this will be a good deal for all. It's gonna take awhile though. Hopefully everyone can just reshuffle the deck, forget about the past and just live with binding arbitration. You've all been through enough.

No worries, I may not exactly have been a big fan of USAPA on here, but I would hate to see the USAir guys get a bad deal out of this. I always err on tho optimistic side, but I think ultimately this will be a good deal for all. It's gonna take awhile though. Hopefully everyone can just reshuffle the deck, forget about the past and just live with binding arbitration. You've all been through enough.

No need to reshuffle on the US side Dan, they already have an arbitrated award.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There's no way that the APA can cut a SLI using some list that USAPA produces. APA would be crazy to do so since it would open them up to be sued successfully. Therefor, there will be a Kabuki Dance of negotiations that will fail, and the whole thing will go to arbitration.

The APA has a list. Which list do you think that the arbitrators will use on the US Airways side?

Just live with binding arbitration. So you do get it?

There's no way that the APA can cut a SLI using some list that USAPA produces. APA would be crazy to do so since it would open them up to be sued successfully. Therefor, there will be a Kabuki Dance of negotiations that will fail, and the whole thing will go to arbitration.

The APA has a list. Which list do you think that the arbitrators will use on the US Airways side?

Some Easties, like Metrojet, may never figure that out until the NIC is implemented, and it will come as a shock. It's called being clueless. His laughing will probably turn to sobbing.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back