• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/USAir non SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get a kick out of folks that think they can predict how every contingency will turn out, but the 9th didn't wade into such speculation.

Really, Turtle....it's not that hard to predict. USAPA was created, elected, and still exists PRIMARILY for the purpose of carrying out a DFR. Any judge or jury can clearly see this, ripeness notwithstanding. The exact timing of final justice is harder to figure out, but ultimately USAPA will be exposed for what it really is.

Let's be honest, there is only one question at hand... What takes precedence? 1) a union's right to negotiate on behalf of all its members or 2) a minority's desire to have a court impose a predetermined path to the union during negotiations.

That overloaded question is hardly the issue at hand. The proper question: Is the US/AWA SLI settled or not? The East's failure to progress through the phases of denial, depression, anger, and acceptance does not mean that the issue is still open to interpretation. There is no legal argument supporting your position that "final and binding doesn't necessarily mean final and binding." There is only inevitability.

That said, it is mildly entertaining (albeit a complete waste of our time) to watch you and your "union" try to argue otherwise.

I get a kick out of folks that think they can predict how every contingency will turn out, but the 9th didn't wade into such speculation.

Let's be honest, there is only one question at hand... What takes precedence? 1) a union's right to negotiate on behalf of all its members or 2) a minority's desire to have a court impose a predetermined path to the union during negotiations.

We can keep arguing to change what the 9th decided but its still the same question.

Or option 3...Organizations can ignore the results of final and binding arbitration if 1), they control a majority position and 2), they say they really didn't like the result.

What do you think will take precedence? You know beyond a shadow of a doubt USAPA is required to have a legitimate union purpose for all they do. We all know, including you, they don't have one. USAPA has been the most epic fail of any work group in aviation history.

Or option 3...Organizations can ignore the results of final and binding arbitration if 1), they control a majority position and 2), they say they really didn't like the result.

What do you think will take precedence? You know beyond a shadow of a doubt USAPA is required to have a legitimate union purpose for all they do. We all know, including you, they don't have one. USAPA has been the most epic fail of any work group in aviation history.

What we know it that every cockpit has two pilots and three opinions on how it should be flown, unless it is an AirBus in which case it has another seven. :D

Really, Turtle....it's not that hard to predict. USAPA was created, elected, and still exists PRIMARILY for the purpose of carrying out a DFR. Any judge or jury can clearly see this, ripeness notwithstanding. The exact timing of final justice is harder to figure out, but ultimately USAPA will be exposed for what it really is.

That overloaded question is hardly the issue at hand. The proper question: Is the US/AWA SLI settled or not? The East's failure to progress through the phases of denial, depression, anger, and acceptance does not mean that the issue is still open to interpretation. There is no legal argument supporting your position that "final and binding doesn't necessarily mean final and binding." There is only inevitability.

That said, it is mildly entertaining (albeit a complete waste of our time) to watch you and your "union" try to argue otherwise.

Well stated!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks

This is very interesting to watch play out . I wish you the best .

I do not see APA accepting a list that is being contested by half the pilot group and proceeding with an integrated list. I am sure APA will wait till they get a list with some final say. It would be wasted money and resources to work on some list that might get tossed out.

Turtle, thanks for coming on, it's nice to get a USAir guy perspective , I am sure most are to old and crusty, to even know what the internet is . :)

For the record I fully believe and accept that a Nic type of integration methodology will most likely be used once it is all said and done, whether by mutual agreement (49% chance) or by arbitration (51% chance). :)

Latest resources

Back