AA/USAir non SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dan Roman

The thought has occurred to me with AA already laying the ground for a very long SLI integration timetable.....has anybody considered the possibility that AA could just keep the two separate and do what Lorenzo did and Gary Kelly threatened to do? If USAPA continues as they have in the past, what's to stop AA from just keeping them separate and cherry picking the flying they want?
I would hate to see a large airline screw over a smaller airline, but USAPA hasn't exactly been a voice of reason and insight in our profession.

The thought has occurred to me with AA already laying the ground for a very long SLI integration timetable.....has anybody considered the possibility that AA could just keep the two separate and do what Lorenzo did and Gary Kelly threatened to do? If USAPA continues as they have in the past, what's to stop AA from just keeping them separate and cherry picking the flying they want?
I would hate to see a large airline screw over a smaller airline, but USAPA hasn't exactly been a voice of reason and insight in our profession.

The MOU prevents this from happening. There is a date where everything has to be integrated.

Good to hear, it seems to me the parties involved would want the scenario covered.

US Air learned their lesson on this one. If things aren't settled by a certain date it goes to an expedited arbitration with the results bound by all parties.. It even states that it is bound upon any new union created.

" APA does not want any chance of having an A B C scale type scenario."

Agreed.

But...UsAirways ( Now aka AMR ) has enjoyed that very position for MANY years now due to their ability to foster discourse between the Pilot Groups of the previously former merged airlines.

WHY would they NOT try to continue this Cost Competitive/Union Busting advantage?

Good Luck.

YKW

Last edited:
US Air learned their lesson on this one. If things aren't settled by a certain date it goes to an expedited arbitration with the results bound by all parties.. It even states that it is bound upon any new union created.

Unless of course the "Easties" of USAPA don't like the award. Since to them binding is not really binding. :rolleyes:

C'mon Dan

Are you just tryin to stir the pot? Remember that Usairways will be running the new airline
Or I guess your saying maybe something could happen like when Delta bought certain PAN AM planes (airbus 330's oops meant airbus 310's ) and then only took the pilots who were qualified , cherry picking and out of senority

I guess Delta could do try that again as well! They do have a history of buying western based airlines!

Metrojet

Metro, you have a history of lying. Agreeing to binding arbitration and then going back on your word is lying. Don't try to change the subject to Delta, you liar.

Latest resources

Back