• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US ISL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone let you in on the little secret that they would have had those upgrades anyhow AND been on a better contract from which they could have negotiated a vastly superior MOU than we got?

You morons never get tired of chasing after the cardboard dog bone do ya?

USAPA Men of Brilliance. :puke:
Enjoying my A330 upgrade. Have fun in AZ...

For the 1000th time - you did not save us

Your CEO facilitated a leveraged merger with the help of Wall Street

Apparently that leveraged buyout did, in fact, keep east from shutting down. There is and has always been a lot of denial that came out of USAPA.

Name one westie that is ready to move on.
Especially since it is USAPA that is dead, not the NIC.

USAPA always had the ability to control the tenor and tone of this disagreement and always had the ability to present a real solution. The east pilots allowed them, no encouraged them through repeated affirmative votes, to continue to salt the earth between two groups that most mature observers agree needed each other.

So the west moves on only as a result of the APA taking over and disarming USAPA, but it does so with open eyes. USAPA is no longer in a position to influence the direction it will be taken, regardless of their threats and tantrums.

And this is something of which no east pilot can be proud.

Name one westie that is ready to move on.

If I were a junior west first officer and wanted to upgrade / and / or get out of PHX - the best opportunity is for a SLI as soon as possible - so if the threat of a DFR wasn't there / or a uniform release from aol to APA - that would be my quickest way out. That means that NIC won't be either on the shelf or semi doa until / if (and that is a BIG UNTIL or IF ) removed from the SLI.

But, we on the EAST can wait until MB integration of east / west / APA.

Your choice

Metrojet

Especially since it is USAPA that is dead, not the NIC.

USAPA always had the ability to control the tenor and tone of this disagreement and always had the ability to present a real solution. The east pilots allowed them, no encouraged them through repeated affirmative votes, to continue to salt the earth between two groups that most mature observers agree needed each other.

So the west moves on only as a result of the APA taking over and disarming USAPA, but it does so with open eyes. USAPA is no longer in a position to influence the direction it will be taken, regardless of their threats and tantrums.

And this is something of which no east pilot can be proud.

"The real solution"? - yeah - lets give up 25+ years of attrition , so pilots hired 15+ years later get all the upgrades!

Yeah - I am sure that is the solution that APA is going to agree too also
Must be some secret negotiations going on

Metrojet

If I were a junior west first officer and wanted to upgrade / and / or get out of PHX - the best opportunity is for a SLI as soon as possible - so if the threat of a DFR wasn't there / or a uniform release from aol to APA - that would be my quickest way out. That means that NIC won't be either on the shelf or semi doa until / if (and that is a BIG UNTIL or IF ) removed from the SLI.

But, we on the EAST can wait until MB integration of east / west / APA.

Your choice

Metrojet

"The real solution"? - yeah - lets give up 25+ years of attrition , so pilots hired 15+ years later get all the upgrades!

Yeah - I am sure that is the solution that APA is going to agree too also
Must be some secret negotiations going on

Metrojet

Okay, you gave us "your" solution, but I still need names of the westies that are ready to move on. How many will it take to get AOL to stand down?

Isn't this what you meant to say? "But, we on the EAST are happy that uSAPa is doing every thing they can to delay the MB integration of east / west / APA."

With the Nic award the east was still going to get 2/3's (probably more) of the combined airlines' attrition...but that wasn't good enough for you, was it?

Okay, you gave us "your" solution, but I still need names of the westies that are ready to move on. How many will it take to get AOL to stand down?

Isn't this what you meant to say? "But, we on the EAST are happy that uSAPa is doing every thing they can to delay the MB integration of east / west / APA."

With the Nic award the east was still going to get 2/3's (probably more) of the combined airlines' attrition...but that wasn't good enough for you, was it?

Ah - I see
AOL would have settled for 33.3 % of Captain upgrades at "former east bases"?
Well - how many PHX upgrades were we going to get in return?
Since our merger - I can count on maybe both hands - the amount of pilots on the East who felt they were entitled to PHX CAP. Now how many of the West feel they are entitled to EAST CAP?
Just curious - how many West folks feel they should be narrow body CAP at current AA bases as well? It is really the same argument you could make now, if I were former West
Correction to the above - how many feel they should be wide body CAP at current AA bases?

No flame intended here - just having an exchange of information

Metrojet

Not one west pilot was responsible for the outcome of our SLI. I dont know how many west pilots would have taken an east coast upgrade, but I bet it wouldn't have been any more than the number of easties taking slots in PHX. I guess we'll never know.

After the fences come down, I think that you should be able to hold what ever position that your seniority allows you...whether you had that A/C on your property before the merger or not. A merger creates a new airline and every employee should benefit from the combination.

Latest resources

Back