• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US ISL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um, they made a public announcement that there's an impasse. JCBA prep talks are certainly in progress so it's not like all contact broke off. I don't think anything of consequence took place regarding the SLI.
Don't forget I'm an APA member and I frequent their message board. Not a peep about this.

Like everyone else they're just waiting for the NMB ruling to end the USAPA nightmare.

The fact there is not a peep on the APA message board probably means that they honor the confidentiality agreement... Not a bad thing. :)

I'll agree with you in that the end of this nightmare is close. I doubt anyone will miss any of this crap. I'm beyond ready to move on...

Everyone is ready to move on from the cancer of East lead union politics that have gotten nothing but delay for 9 years. All that will be left is the taint of your dirty politics and thuggery, APA is going to show you how the majority can be a bully sometimes. If a "global" anything is agreed on I would be shocked...enjoy the weekend.

While it's too early to tell, I see this as a positive development. It will be interesting to see these actual documents.

I let yesterday's USAPA update simmer for a day to make sure y'all had read it. Here's the first paragraph:

"From our P4P feedback, we have heard there may be some confusion when pilots read the BPR Resolutions from the BPR Special Meetings of April 23 and April 28. There is not yet any approved Protocol Agreement with the APA, but the upshot of the Resolutions is that the BPR has approved a set of proposals that have been sent to APA."

So what they're triumphantly saying is how proud they are that they've agreed on what proposals to send to the APA.

Wow! Impressive work.

In other words, nothing's changed vis a vis the stalled SLI process, nothing's changed vis a vis the APA, and USAPA is full of feces as usual. The NMB can't end this embarrassment soon enough.

I let yesterday's USAPA update simmer for a day to make sure y'all had read it.

Thanks for that. Some of us read kinda slow down here in the South ya know...

I don't think anyone mistook the resolution as a signed agreement with the APA. But the APA and USAPA have both admitted to have been negotiating the seniority integration issue. I doubt the USAPA NAC just made stuff up and showed it to the BPR. Whatever the proposal was, I would bet the APA is was involved in the discussions that ultimately produced the "proposal". Now the "proposal" is in the APA's hands. They look at it and either approve it or make changes and send it back to USAPA. It's a funny thing how negotiations work... Will it be approved? Your guess is as good as mine at this point. However, if the APA or USAPA took a very hard line on certain issues, I doubt we would have seen this put before the BPR. That tells me they are working it out. I have a feeling they are getting close... Just a gut feeling.

I don't think anyone mistook the resolution as a signed agreement with the APA.
The first line of the update indicates otherwise.
But the APA and USAPA have both admitted to have been negotiating the seniority integration issue.
Once again, no word from the APA, only USAPA. It's unclear exactly what took place but for the reasons I stated a few posts ago there is zero impetus for the APA do anything other than wait for the NMB to rule. 30 days later and poof, no more USAPA.
I doubt the USAPA NAC just made stuff up and showed it to the BPR.
You got me there. The BPR (minus the PHX reps) is fully capable of making up its own bullcrap. The NAC only adds to the bullcrap.
I have a feeling they are getting close... Just a gut feeling.
Let's compare the results of our respective gut feelings in a little while, shall we?

The first line of the update indicates otherwise.Once again, no word from the APA, only USAPA. It's unclear exactly what took place but for the reasons I stated a few posts ago there is zero impetus for the APA do anything other than wait for the NMB to rule. 30 days later and poof, no more USAPA.You got me there. The BPR (minus the PHX reps) is fully capable of making up its own bullcrap. The NAC only adds to the bullcrap.Let's compare the results of our respective gut feelings in a little while, shall we?

You know what? you win... :)

Based on your screenname, I'm sure you trust the APA 100%.

So I will not post again on this until the APA puts something out and we get another view on what is really going on... Good luck...

USAPA Update

From our P4P feedback, we have heard there may be some confusion when pilots read the BPR Resolutions from the BPR Special Meetings of April 23 and April 28. There is not yet any approved Protocol Agreement with the APA, but the upshot of the Resolutions is that the BPR has approved a set of proposals that have been sent to APA.
On April 23, the BPR passed the following resolution requiring BPR input and approval prior to presenting any proposed agreement to APA:
WHEREAS the BPR is interested in obtaining the best possible seniority integration for all US Airways pilots,
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT the BPR directs that the Merger Committee and their Merger Counsel shall be responsible for the Protocol, Transition and Settlement agreements in consultation with the President and the General Counsel.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT the proposed agreements must be presented to the BPR for their input and final approval prior to presentation to the APA
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT all negotiations with APA regarding the (3) three documents shall occur exclusively between the Merger Committee and Merger Counsel, in coordination with the President and General Counsel.
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED THAT any tentative agreement(s) obtained between the APA and USAPA are subject to final approval by the BPR.
On April 28, the BPR passed the following resolution that approved "the proposed Protocol Agreement" in accordance with the requirement from the April 23 resolution shown above.
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Board of Pilot Representatives approves the proposed Protocol Agreement and Settlement Agreement as presented by the Merger Committee,
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED THAT the Board of Pilot Representatives approves the proposed Merger Transition Agreement as amended.
On Tuesday, April 29, the 3 proposed agreements (proposed Protocol Agreement, proposed Merger Transition Agreement and proposed Settlement Agreement) were sent to the APA. APA can either accept our proposals, or modify them and pass back to our Merger Committee for consideration. Should they pass a modified proposal back to us, the BPR would once again have to approve them before acceptance. Since we are in negotiations, we cannot provide any more information at this time on the agreements; however, we do expect a timely response from the APA.
USAPA Communications

If the APA was working with uSAPa on these proposals, why would they need to modify them?

If the APA was working with uSAPa on these proposals, why would they need to modify them?

They sent the final draft to APA for approval and if APA wants to do any last minute changes they will send back to the BPR for final approval. This protocal is just about done and the Nic is gone buried and dead forever. Get used to it.

From our P4P feedback, we have heard there may be some confusion when pilots read the BPR Resolutions from the BPR Special Meetings of April 23 and April 28. There is not yet any approved Protocol Agreement with the APA, but the upshot of the Resolutions is that the BPR has approved a set of proposals that have been sent to APA.
IOW, "we got caught lying so here are so more lies to confuse you. Just go about your duties. We are serious men with serious business that we'll get to just as soon as we figure out how to hide the money from the membership"

Latest resources

Back