• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US ISL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Solidarity? Can't you be solid without looking so unprofessional? Seriously, those ties are hideous. My favorite was the guy I saw sporting the big glass cactus pin- looked like a cactus at first, but with closer analysis it was a fist giving the middle finger. Between the chops he was wearing, the tie, and the pin, it was pretty bad. Must have been a former Mesa pilot.....................

Are you a third lister? How many Mesa/Great Lakes/CoEx/Air Wisconsin pilots are working on the east? Do you "call them out"?

Things that make you go hmmmm...

After last week's updates by both APA and USAPA about seniority integration discussions....probably nothing, really.

Reconvening BPR Special Meeting Notice

Details Created on Monday, 28 April 2014 08:15
In accordance with the USAPA Constitution and Bylaws Article 5, Section 3 C; and the Union Operating Manual Section 3 III; the Board of Pilot Representatives Special Meeting from April 23, 2014 will resume by telephone conference call today, Monday, April 28, 2014, at 1900 EDT and adjourn at 2200 EDT or the conclusion of business. The agenda remains as previously approved by the Board.

USAPA Communications

Hummmm is right! Sounds like the APA is getting on board and understanding what a problem the Westicles really are. Shouldn't be long now when the Nic is dead

I think both sides are the problem. Mostly the easties. Wearing those ties though and calling guys scabs on vans is making me think the west is just as delusional.

Nothing To See Here. Move along please.
Board of Pilot Representatives Special Meeting

In accordance with the USAPA Constitution and Bylaws Article 5, Section 3 C; and the Union Operating Manual Section 3 III; the Board of Pilot Representatives Special Meeting from April 23, 2014 resumed by telephone conference call Monday, April 28, 2014, at 19:O0 EDT. The agenda remained as previously approved by the Board. The Officers, Board of Pilot Representatives, Merger Committee, Merger Counsel Pat Szymanski, General Counsel Brian O'Dwyer, and Communications were on the call. PHL Vice Chairman John Taylor joined the call at approximately 19:25.

At approximately 19:O3, President Gary Hummel called the meeting to order. He then turned the Chair over to VP Steve Bradford, since Steve had chaired the previous days of this special meeting. Steve briefly introduced the documents before the Board (the proposed Protocol Agreement, proposed Union Merger Transition Agreement, and proposed Global Settlement Agreement) and asked the Board to limit comments to 5 minutes at a time.

At approximately 19:O8, a motion to accept the proposed Protocol Agreement, which was previously sent to the Board by the Merger Committee, was moved/seconded by Stein/Dugstad.
After brief discussion, a motion to go into closed session was moved/seconded by Dugstad/Nelson and passed 6-4 (Yes - DCA, CLT, PHL Music; No - PHX, PHL DiOrio).

At approximately 21:17, the Board returned to open session, and after an editorial change, the following resolution passed 7-4 (Yes - PHL, DCA, CLT Borman, Nelson; No - PHX, CLT Frear).

Merger Documents

BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Board of Pilot Representatives approves the proposed Protocol Agreement and Settlement Agreement as presented by the Merger Committee,

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED THAT the Board of Pilot Representatives approves the proposed Merger Transition Agreement as amended.
President Gary Hummel then brought before the Board the urgent need for a Consultant Contract for Dr. Pete Lambrou, AME, to assist the Safety and Accident Investigation Committees, relating to the current investigation of the PHL rejected takeoff.

At approximately 21:23, a motion to go into closed session was moved/seconded by Scherff/Ferguson and passed unanimously. After approximately 10 minutes, the Board returned to open session and discussed provisions of the consultant contract.

A motion to approve the following resolution was moved/seconded by Taylor/Nelson.

Dr. Pete Lambrou
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Board of Pilot Representatives directs the Consulting Contract for Dr. Pete Lambrou be amended to place a $40,000 limit, to be monitored by the Executive Vice President, and any additional expenditures to be approved by the Board of Pilot Representatives.
Before the vote was completed, the call system terminated the call at 22:O0.
USAPA Communications

While it's too early to tell, I see this as a positive development. It will be interesting to see these actual documents.

So, judging the "book by its cover", I think the "Protocol Agreement" will define the process of the actual process of merging the lists, to include how arbitration will occur if necessary.

The second document was interesting. The proposed "Union Merger Transition Agreement". Just guessing, but it sounds like a document defining exactly what USAPA's role will be in the near future. The MOU clearly says that the APA will be the new union once the NMB rules. But it also clearly says "in regards to the JCBA negotiations"... I think USAPA will remain for SLI purposes only. I think this document will define how USAPA will be funded and the disposition of funds already in the USAPA bank. Maybe the dues collected from US Airways pilots will be split somehow...

The third document is the "Global Settlement Agreement". I can see this document defining how several legal aspects will be handled, such as the dropping of certain lawsuits currently working their way through the court system...

These are just guesses...

There's something glaringly obvious missing from the USAPA propaganda: the APA. All it says is USAPA has agreed to its proposal. Nowhere is it mentioned that the APA is anywhere near in agreement.

Everyone knows USAPA is gone very soon. Why would the APA agree to anything now? Nothing's changed since the talks ended in February. Methinks there's no agreement with the APA and the BPR (excepting the PHX reps) is just trying to appear relevant -- and failing.

There's something glaringly obvious missing from the USAPA propaganda: the APA. All it says is USAPA has agreed to its proposal. Nowhere is it mentioned that the APA is anywhere near in agreement.

Everyone knows USAPA is gone very soon. Why would the APA agree to anything now? Nothing's changed since the talks ended in February. Methinks there's no agreement with the APA and the BPR (excepting the PHX reps) is just trying to appear relevant -- and failing.

Yes, the APA has not agreed to an SLI Protocol Agreement, and if they continue to reject reaching a negotiated alternative to the MB arbitration process, that will not be a problem.

I agree we have not yet seen much from the APA. It would be nice to see some more info from their side.

As far as the talks ended in Feb. well, I don't quite believe that. While the APA has always been very tight lipped in public about their negotiations, they did reveal on April 22nd that they were still negotiating. During their special meeting last week, the Board of Directors received a closed session briefing from "Seniority Integration Committee Chairman CA Mark Stephens regarding efforts to reach an agreement on a seniority merger protocol with USAPA"

Here is a link to the update: https://public.alliedpilots.org/apa/AboutAPA/APAPublicNews/tabid/843/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/4375/Referendum-Ballot-Count-Ongoing.aspx

That certainly doesn't sound like talks broke off in February... Do you think that's what that means??

That certainly doesn't sound like talks broke off in February... Do you think that's what that means??
Um, they made a public announcement that there's an impasse. JCBA prep talks are certainly in progress so it's not like all contact broke off. I don't think anything of consequence took place regarding the SLI.
Don't forget I'm an APA member and I frequent their message board. Not a peep about this.

Like everyone else they're just waiting for the NMB ruling to end the USAPA nightmare.

Latest resources

Back