Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, you gray bearded monkey.

I found the documents.

As soon as I can get my daughter to show me how to scan/fax download etc. they will be on the way.

It would probably be quicker to get the guy off of TWA Pilots.com to do it (E.P., seriously)

wanna banana, good monkey, come on, wanna banana............

OWW you bit me, you SOB.

AA73 and others.
My math indicates anywhere from 1460 to 1710 less pilots needed depending on what the lines are built to. Add in raising the retirement age to 65 and you can see why the best and brightest might be sitting the first few innings out.

Good Day

SuperLoser121 said:
AA73 and others.
My math indicates anywhere from 1460 to 1710 less pilots needed depending on what the lines are built to. Add in raising the retirement age to 65 and you can see why the best and brightest might be sitting the first few innings out.

Good Day

No WAAAAY Jose! 500 less pilots TOPS... even that number's a stretch. We are losing pilots that fast, bud.

Anyways, it's a moot point... we're almost up to regular Sec 6 negotiations and that'll take a couple years to conclude a TA... by then recalls will be in full swing.

However, I do agree with the bypass rate - too many discouraged pilots who have moved on (as is always the case during an airline recession, and then BAM, it takes off again, and more often than not these same pilots wonder if they made a mistake.)

P.S> Raising the age 65 limit is also quite a ways off, I don't think we'll see it for a few more years.

AA senior guys get ready to pull up that ladder...

This from the TWA Pilot's board:

-----------

To All
Last night after my sim a guy by the name of Vance Page came in our debrief. Now I don't know this guy but he's the fleet manager for the 777, 767, 757. I would venture to say that he is in the know more than the fueler in LAX, just my assumption.

He made the comment that it was managements NEW philisophy to grow the airline. They are looking a new airplanes and going back into places where they previously pulled out of etc. Immediately my next question was, well what about recalls? I'd didn't like his answer. He stated, "after talks with APA, pilots will be flying more hours with fatter pay checks." He stated, "every time recalls are mentioned there is no good news from Roy Everett. As of now there are no recalls planned for this year." But cheer up boys, there is good news on the horizon. We're getting wingletts.

------------------

Oh boy! Those still on the property will get RICH!!! I'm SOOOOO happy... :rolleyes: TC

Last edited:
Iflyamouse said:
FWIW, my buddies at UAL say they're calling 60-70 people to put 25 butts in a class.

That has changed recently! Mostly due to the "Stock issue"

AA717driver said:
He stated, "after talks with APA, pilots will be flying more hours with fatter pay checks."

Sounds like a typical AA pilot, wanting typical AA pilot things.

More money for himself, screw the rest. Standard AA OPs.

While APA currently represents us, I almost have to laugh when I use that word. MANY do not buy into what APA is selling. No more flying until pilots get recalled, NO PREF BIDDING till ALL pilots are back on the property. This is how I feel, this is how many feel.

Please stop lumping 10,0000+ pilots in the same group, it shows just how ignorant you are.

Regards,

AA

A simple thanks would be in order, but I forget that civility is pretty much none existent these days.

Latest resources

Back