AA recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA Flyer,
You sound like a good sort. I appreciate the position you have taken. However, I believe that a good many AA pilots are in the "a fatter paycheck, please" mode and this will not help any upcoming negotiations.

Whilst reading my recent copy of Flightline (APA mag) on the crapper, I deduced from Ralph's intro article (and helpful graph) that the boys just can't get to the max because of crappy lines. Not enough turns to max out! Can't drop a 48 to pick up time! Horrors!

Well, who are these guys? Not the reserve crowd that I have been associated with. Can't drop, pick up, trade, swap, etc. These are the Senior bubbas that want more "flexibility" which I take as "max out ability".

I still think it's all about the individual at AA. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

PHX767
Furloughed and glad of it

Hi PHX,

I think that latest PUP announcement has made even some of the kool-aid drinkers pissed!

We ended the year up another 300 million, a little over 4.3 Billion in cash. The stock has taken off, wall street thinks this could be a good year for us. Now the rumblings of a BA- AA merger. Another 305 pilot gone in the past 6 months, another 350-300 gone this year. Starting next year we retire huge numbers in the next 20 years.

I don't see any hurry to give more until we get more (as in our pilots back on the property). They want us to fly more, then grow the airline, AND recall. CAL did it.

I think the upcoming domicile elections are going to change the majority on the BOD. One can pray, hope to see you back here soon.

AA

Latest resources

Back