• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will the recall include TWA pilots, or only AA pilots?

CLAMBAKE

SuperLoser121 said:
Go back?

You have to be kidding me. They've already discussed refurloughing in the fall. What do you think will happen when the APA concession train gets going full steam ahead?
My advice is to only go back if you have absolutely no other option.

That is total B.S. Regardless of concessions, once AA starts recalling, it'll be for good. It costs money to recall, then refurlough. Who in heck is gonna replace the thousands of retirements coming up the next few years?

NOBODY has discussed refurloughing in the fall.

aa73 said:
Maybe 1500, if that.

ok yeah just curious...its been like 3, 4, 5? years since the furloughs started?

plenty of time for guys to start a new direction in life and get established...

good luck to AA guys regardless

ALL the flowbies (except one, maybe) will go back and every former TWA pilot who lives in STL. :) TC

Perhaps you guys need to educate yourself on what Roy Everett said recently. If APA grants AMR pilots the ability to fly more each month retirements will not matter. Those lesser qualified individuals
that have chosen to return will quickly be cut off like fat from a slaughtered calf.

Last edited:
MIght see a lot of initial passing up recall. Pilots that have acceptable jobs now might want to wait until they don't have to commute 3 times a month, sit as a reserve slut in a trashpad in Queens, and fly the Stupid 80 for $86 an hour. So as recalls plod along, those that get recalled, might see their bidding seniority stagnate or even go backwards.

Pretty bold talk about recalls, though. Hunter's not finished cooperating with Arpey.

JXCAP 7846,

Most TWA pilots will pass and probably never come back, STL or anywhere else.

Just my opinion from talking to my TWA buds. Of course, you never can predict the future.

JXCAP 109480

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back