• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A more apt question is, do you want to work for a company with a management team with a vision of running an airline (Delta) or one whose management is intent on breaking labor and richly rewarding themselves in yearly bonuses while complaining that labor is the reason they can't make money? (fill in the blank)

Delta all the way...

A more apt question is, do you want to work for a company with a management team with a vision of running an airline (Delta) or one whose management is intent on breaking labor and richly rewarding themselves in yearly bonuses while complaining that labor is the reason they can't make money? (fill in the blank)

Delta all the way...

Anderson Running an airline? what a joke....EAL,CAL NWA history will repeat itself. Wait during you contract time and talk to us about Anderson..

Don't people usually just apply to all and go to the first one that hires them? I just exclude the ones I do not want to work at and hope the best one calls first. Besides, one never knows what is right around the corner for an airline. I think Hawaiian, Alaska, United, American and Delta are all places I would want to go. There are pros and cons for all, but I stand by my statement that one usually applies to many and takes the first

American and Delta will both have a lot of retirements coming up, with AA probably having more because a lot of their FOs are the same age as their Captains. (UAL will also be retiring a lot, and I think I heard they will be retiring one pilot every 18 minutes starting later this year).

So, advancement at both airlines could be quick up the ladder, compared to the last 10 years of course. Next look at the contracts, and viability of the business plans. The APA is doing advanced talks with their management as we speak, but nobody knows if that would keep them out of eventual BK. (hopefully it will) The DL contract is a good contract, and with high profits last year and expected this year (Q3 this year is estimated at about $790 million), bodes well for a better contract soon, which is up for openers early next year I believe.

Then, you can always look at bases where you might want to live eventually. I think both are good airlines, but one currently is having some financial problems that need to be addressed, just like the other airlines addressed in their BKs unfortunately. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The delta contract is not a good contract. Airtran/valujet guys get paid more plus the Delta guys get PBS on top of it...then throw in Codeshare both domestic and international and you have one giant sh&$t sandwich......but Gential/OYS is living in her own little fantasy world like Obama....

Godspeed!!!

Fed-ex, UPS, or SW. The rest are basically BK contracts with terrible pay and work-rules. If you can't get hired by these three, get a job outside of aviation.

What makes you think Delta will hire in 2012? I'm not counting on it. IF they hire, it will be a trickle, being only those who are Compass and Mesaba flowthroughs.

American and Delta will both have a lot of retirements coming up, with AA probably having more because a lot of their FOs are the same age as their Captains. (UAL will also be retiring a lot, and I think I heard they will be retiring one pilot every 18 minutes starting later this year).

So, advancement at both airlines could be quick up the ladder, compared to the last 10 years of course. Next look at the contracts, and viability of the business plans. The APA is doing advanced talks with their management as we speak, but nobody knows if that would keep them out of eventual BK. (hopefully it will) The DL contract is a good contract, and with high profits last year and expected this year (Q3 this year is estimated at about $790 million), bodes well for a better contract soon, which is up for openers early next year I believe.

Then, you can always look at bases where you might want to live eventually. I think both are good airlines, but one currently is having some financial problems that need to be addressed, just like the other airlines addressed in their BKs unfortunately. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's actually good advice, General. Nice to see a post like that. You have some thinking to do too, to leave Airtran for AA or DL. Could be the right move, depending on how this AAI/SWA integration goes.

Latest resources

Back