• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American and Delta will both have a lot of retirements coming up, with AA probably having more because a lot of their FOs are the same age as their Captains. (UAL will also be retiring a lot, and I think I heard they will be retiring one pilot every 18 minutes starting later this year).

So, advancement at both airlines could be quick up the ladder, compared to the last 10 years of course. Next look at the contracts, and viability of the business plans. The APA is doing advanced talks with their management as we speak, but nobody knows if that would keep them out of eventual BK. (hopefully it will) The DL contract is a good contract, and with high profits last year and expected this year (Q3 this year is estimated at about $790 million), bodes well for a better contract soon, which is up for openers early next year I believe.

Then, you can always look at bases where you might want to live eventually. I think both are good airlines, but one currently is having some financial problems that need to be addressed, just like the other airlines addressed in their BKs unfortunately. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If UAL is going to retire 29000 pilots next year, sign me up!

No matter which airline you get hired at, you'll be able to look back 10/20 years later and see where you should have gone with another.
Pick whichever one you want to fly for and don't look back.

(UAL will also be retiring a lot, and I think I heard they will be retiring one pilot every 18 minutes starting later this year).

It's one every 18 hours. I'm surprised; you normally do a sanity check on the math before posting.

What makes you think Delta will hire in 2012? I'm not counting on it. IF they hire, it will be a trickle, being only those who are Compass and Mesaba flowthroughs.

Its a glass half full approach. I would have lost it a long time ago if I thought about all the negativity we have all put up with the last 10 years.

Hey.. Bonus! Cactus may implement flowthrough!

What makes you think Delta will hire in 2012? I'm not counting on it. IF they hire, it will be a trickle, being only those who are Compass and Mesaba flowthroughs.

If I were you, I wouldn't count on Delta either. For everyone else though, there are rumors out there of maybe 300-400 newhires thanks to the NYC slot swap and proposed FAA rule changes. Many of those could be Compass and Mesaba flow ups, but not all.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If I were you, I wouldn't count on Delta either. there are rumors out there of maybe 300-400 newhires thanks to the NYC slot swap and proposed FAA rule changes. Many of those could be Compass and Mesaba

Bye Bye---General Lee

I have to say I agree w/ the little girl GL/OY6

Fed-ex, UPS, or SW. The rest are basically BK contracts with terrible pay and work-rules. If you can't get hired by these three, get a job outside of aviation.

Yeah, those three companies are the only ones that make this a good career. Give me a break. It's like saying getting on with Nike is the only job that people should have in footwear. If you can't get on there, leave the industry. Those three may be the best at this point, but that doesn't mean the others aren't worth working for.

Yeah, those three companies are the only ones that make this a good career. Give me a break. It's like saying getting on with Nike is the only job that people should have in footwear. If you can't get on there, leave the industry. Those three may be the best at this point, but that doesn't mean the others aren't worth working for.

Just like how United used to be the golden spoon if you got on there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back