AA may not merge with anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jam

Thanks fro the response. After it was mentioned I dida search on the integration, could not find anything. If you have some info would you post, of please feel free to PM.

Regards,

AA

What info are you asking for? NWA-Republic?

What I got from the whole merger here was that Roberts awarded both groups what they wanted and in essence screwed both sides. NWA(Red) got the wide body flying through quotas on seat bids and Republic(Green) got DOH. Depends who you talk to, the other side got it better. The Red side I think got a better deal. They got the higher paying seats. The Greens got screwed on the 757 quotas by Roberts since it assumed Republic did not have 757s when they actually did. As time went by on the 20 year fence, the Red side started feeling the pain of DOH. As the Green side upgraded to the WB seats they were at the top of the seniority thus bidding better scheds. The Roberts Award ended January 2006. Now it is all DOH. The 787 Dreamliner is scheduled to be here in 2008. The name was changed to The Greenliner, since it is probably going to be all senior "Green Book" CAs flying it. All this stuff does not affect me though. In my opinion, it was way too long. It was the cause of major internal pilot division. It cost the company a lot of money to implement. Just a bad deal. Mergers are a bad deal for employees.

I wanted to add that if any Red or Green guys here might want to add something to this, please do. Just a Blue Book here....

Last edited:
What info are you asking for? NWA-Republic?

What I got from the whole merger here was that Roberts awarded both groups what they wanted and in essence screwed both sides. NWA(Red) got the wide body flying through quotas on seat bids and Republic(Green) got DOH. Depends who you talk to, the other side got it better. The Red side I think got a better deal. They got the higher paying seats. The Greens got screwed on the 757 quotas by Roberts since it assumed Republic did not have 757s when they actually did. As time went by on the 20 year fence, the Red side started feeling the pain of DOH. As the Green side upgraded to the WB seats they were at the top of the seniority thus bidding better scheds. The Roberts Award ended January 2006. Now it is all DOH. The 787 Dreamliner is scheduled to be here in 2008. The name was changed to The Greenliner, since it is probably going to be all senior "Green Book" CAs flying it. All this stuff does not affect me though. In my opinion, it was way too long. It was the cause of major internal pilot division. It cost the company a lot of money to implement. Just a bad deal. Mergers are a bad deal for employees.

I wanted to add that if any Red or Green guys here might want to add something to this, please do. Just a Blue Book here....

That is what I was looking for, a little history.

Thanks,
AA

I know it does too. The only problem is that 99% of the thought went into a growing airline and the rest into a shrinking one.

The point I am trying to make is that it is way too early to start tearing into each other and having pilots kicked off each other’s jumpseats. We don’t even know if a deal is going through, yet there are some that are already going to battle stations.

Everyone needs to take a deep breathe and not ruin a good deal between our airlines.

AA767AV8TOR

So let me ask, if AMR buys someone, can and will it affect Supplement CC to the detriment of the TWA pilots? I'd like to see the new merger document that APA/AMR create because if it creates harm to the TWA pilots I'm sure we'll cry foul.

You know, let AMR go after NWA...right now. Let's see exactly what ALPA National does....or doesn't.

stlflyguy

You know, let AMR go after NWA...right now. Let's see exactly what ALPA National does....or doesn't.

stlflyguy

ALPA would be stupid to go balls-to-the-wall for NWA. It might make us rich if they did, though...TC

P.S.--You could certainly make a case for NWA being FORCED into Ch.11, rather than the contrived Ch.11 TWA entered into shortly after the deal was announced.

What does APA do if it does not staple in the next merger??? Play in court for the next 50 years over DFR issues... APA and AA have laid the foundation for all mergers in the future... How unfortuneate it is..... Not sure Aviation 101 mentioned anything like that for the Boys in the suits.
Cheers

Any congressman that approves an AA merger with anyone is an A$$. AA management lied to congress under oath a thousand times over to get the last one approved. Big business being what it is though, they'd just grease the right Congressmen with more borrowed money to shorten their memories.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back