A.T.I. Pilots vote down Mgmnt's "Final Offer"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
radarlove said:
It's time for you to study up on your union law. "Good faith" simply means that the company (or the union) actually is willing to negotiate instead of to demand. That is a legal requirement under law. As soon as they move from negotiation to demanding, then it's ok to self-help (look it up).

It's usually not appropriate to even use the words "final" or "last offer", that is often taken by the courts to be not negotiating in good faith.

You sound like an idiot, by the way.

Dude, you are spot on, this clown is mgt. Either that or he needs a good kick in the head to clear that cloud of crack between his ears.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

cmrflyer said:
Dude, you are spot on, this clown is mgt. Either that or he needs a good kick in the head to clear that cloud of crack between his ears.

The only "SelfHelp" that Duh-Anglo understands is choking his chicken. :rolleyes:

Scary to think that there are actually idiots out there that believe stuff like this. He's not a pilot . . . . sounds more like a battered spouse on Jerry Springer sobbing into his can of Pabst.

cmrflyer said:

Too much credit. Just a line pilot at comair at war to save my job. You should really be putting this energy into doing the same. Face it the paycuts were voted for by the majority. Once the F/As are dealt with we will be on the road to success! Comair will rise once again!

D'Angelo said:
Too much credit. Just a line pilot at comair at war to save my job. You should really be putting this energy into doing the same. Face it the paycuts were voted for by the majority. Once the F/As are dealt with we will be on the road to success! Comair will rise once again!

Paycut to save your job at freakin' Comair? D'Angelo, if you have a college degree you can get certified as a public school teacher in the ATL and make more money now. Why are you in this fight? Save Comair so you can build time to get to a major? Then get the fat payday? Not gonna happen....thanks to guys taking paycuts to save their jobs at Comair.

I'm sure I'm oversimplifying and gonna get flamed, but I'm into to whiskey and into simplifying right now. Chop away, D'angelo, chop away.

D'Angelo is NOT a line pilot at Comair. He is a management/intern CLOWN that plays on the internet to stir the pilots.
Pay cuts to save jobs?:puke: What logic is that when the company is making money? Don't give me that DAL is losing crap, we are talking CMR. You took a pay cut to grow and have not grown. You fell on your sword for nothing. But, I'm really not including you am I? Because you are really some flunky in an office playing on the computer and laughing it up with Uncle Freddie.

DwayneWorthless said:
D'Angelo is NOT a line pilot at Comair. He is a management/intern CLOWN that plays on the internet to stir the pilots.
Pay cuts to save jobs?:puke: What logic is that when the company is making money? Don't give me that DAL is losing crap, we are talking CMR. You took a pay cut to grow and have not grown. You fell on your sword for nothing. But, I'm really not including you am I? Because you are really some flunky in an office playing on the computer and laughing it up with Uncle Freddie.

Ummm yea paycuts havent taken place yet dwaney boy. We just waitin to deal with the flight attendants. Once they are dealt with the pay cuts are alive and comair will thrive. Why is everyone that disagrees with your ALPO dog food propoganda management? So I think pilots are whiny and far too demanding so what. Just because one is stupid enough to go way into debt to get into this career doesn't mean they are entitled to a large paycheck. I did not go into debt to get to comair, I paid as I went and therefore have no debt. This is how im able to live things up even on FO pay. Once the F/A get their paycut we all get our paycut then we start the healing process. BTW comair was losing money. Delta OWNS us and they were losing money. If delta loses money we lose money. Actually falling on our sword would have entailed chanting and making pretty picket signs saying full pay til the last day. Id rather take a small cut than a 100% cut and start all over again. That is what boggles my mind. You have guys so brainwashed theyd rather start all over taking a much larger paycut just so your senior buddies can make the big payday. Now go shave your mustache!

D'Angelo is Managements Dream

Comair Continues to Set New Passenger Records; Reports July Traffic

CINCINNATI, Aug. 16, 2004 – Delta Connection carrier Comair, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) carried 1,152,648 passengers in July 2004, setting a new airline record. The previous record was 1,146,049, set in June 2004
*www.delta.com

Losing money? I don't think so. Your parent company DAL was mismanaged and losing cash. They wanted protection under BK so they could force pay cuts on labor. (I think DAL pilots took it in the shorts and gave too much away.) CMR was very profitable and management jumped on the "Bandwagon" with labor paycuts. By the way, the F/A's have major balls and told management to "stuff it".

Last edited:
DwayneWorthless said:
Comair Continues to Set New Passenger Records; Reports July Traffic

CINCINNATI, Aug. 16, 2004 – Delta Connection carrier Comair, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) carried 1,152,648 passengers in July 2004, setting a new airline record. The previous record was 1,146,049, set in June 2004
*www.delta.com

Losing money? I don't think so. Your parent company DAL was mismanaged and losing cash. They wanted protection under BK so they could force pay cuts on labor. (I think DAL pilots took it in the shorts and gave too much away.) CMR was very profitable and management jumped on the "Bandwagon" with labor paycuts. By the way, the F/A's have major balls and told management to "stuff it".

in case you didn't notice that article is two years old. How can we be "wildy profitable" if the mama who feeds us is losing money like there is no tomorrow. The ONLY reason regionals are profitable is because of mainline. As mainline goes so goes the regionals. thats life. Thats the unfortunate reality of being 100% reliant on that fee per departure. Your post shows the exact problem with ALPA. Living in the past. Maybe in the past we were profitable. As it stands now we are not. Living in the past fixes nothing. It's time for ALPA to have some vision and actually think more than a couple days ahead.

You have no idea whether you are profitable or not because Delta isn't required to report specific financial information on Comair. You could have a 30% profit margin, or a huge loss; you simply have no idea. To say that you should have taken concessions because Comair is losing money is absurd.

PCL_128 said:
You have no idea whether you are profitable or not because Delta isn't required to report specific financial information on Comair. You could have a 30% profit margin, or a huge loss; you simply have no idea. To say that you should have taken concessions because Comair is losing money is absurd.

to goto the unemployment line instead of take a small paycut is whats absurd. I know you don't have to worry though you have a 1900 captain slot waiting for you at gulfstream in case you ever get furloughed.

Latest resources

Back