A Super Hornet's Nest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What ever!!!

You guys just keep flying the way you do and have your JAGs bail you out.

ba-bye

So many statistics, so little time. I've heard of a few carrier breaks being performed at Los Cruces before 9/11 and some rather low/fast flying over the dunes around El Centro, but the increased spotlight on Goshawks going into uncontrolled airfields and post 9/11 security issues have put a lid on most of that...as far as I've seen. On the fringes, or gray areas, of NATOPS, one man's flyby is another man's violation. Just depends what that man wears on his collar...and CNO must agree. SOP's have tightened tremendously. As for the "Prowler Incident" there is so much more to the story that will never see the light of day due to clasification, careers and, yes, media bias. Needless to say, from the primary sources I know, the godola was in the MTR, but was unable to be chummed properly due to publishing dates and distribution schdules. Objects can be within the MTR vertical limits as well, such as wires and towers, and while ridgeline crossings might seem like "flathatting" to the run of the mill civilian or reporter, some maneuvers do have tactical significance, "just in case." No, sometime the zero defect mentality gets a life of it's own and the unfortunate are just along for the ride. My take, count to ten before doing it and think of what you'd say in kakhi's or Charlie's on the carpet.

9GClub said:
It sucks that you have to play by the rules these days.....

Custom nose art is another sad loss.

Anybody who hasn't read "Yeager" is missing out on some sweet hotdogging stories.

Actually, Yeager can thank an incident very similar to this one for even having the opportunity to be the number one pilot for the X-1 program. Hoover was number one until his CO heard about a buzzing incident a few years earlier. Hoover admited to it and was cast to a supporting role instead. Just two passes over a small airport in a little midwestern town-that's why Yeager is famous and Hoover is not.

I still think this incident involving Webb is total bullsh*t though....

flyin4pennies said:
What ever!!!

You guys just keep flying the way you do and have your JAGs bail you out.

ba-bye

You seem to have a knack for talking out of your anus.

No not really.
I guess I'm just sick of deployment after deployment having our biggest risk not being shot at but having some dudes breaking off the tanker, at night, in black-out ops, in a tight entry/exit corridor and not painting or seeing us. It happened in OJC, OEF, & OIF. I know that you guys have state-of-the-art radar, but three deployments in a row we had to take some sort of action, (lights or a break turn) to avoid being hit.

I respect the fact that you are locked and loaded for the fight, but there is a time and a place for it. Not at a small public airport, not in the driveway, and not where people can get hurt.

I didn't want to step on anyones toes.

Peace

flyin4pennies said:
No not really.
I guess I'm just sick of deployment after deployment having our biggest risk not being shot at but having some dudes breaking off the tanker, at night, in black-out ops, in a tight entry/exit corridor and not painting or seeing us. It happened in OJC, OEF, & OIF. I know that you guys have state-of-the-art radar, but three deployments in a row we had to take some sort of action, (lights or a break turn) to avoid being hit.

And you were flying?

No, I was walkin and some fighter guys almost walked into me!!!

Here's your sign.

I"m AFSOC EC-130 Flight Engineer

I don't post this because its not concidered (pilot) flight time.

flyin4pennies said:
No, I was walkin and some fighter guys almost walked into me!!!

Here's your sign.

I"m AFSOC EC-130 Flight Engineer

I don't post this because its not concidered (pilot) flight time.

I guess I should've written "And you were flying, what?"
Sorry you had trouble picking up on that.

About the comment of "Let you JAGs keep bailing you out", you obviously have no idea what you're talking about there.

Sorry someone made a semi-dynamic maneuver that scared you. Good thing you guys never screw up. Honestly, an entire deployment and the scariest moment was having to turn hard or turn your lights on?!?!? Wow.

You have not a clue what we do, but let me just say more times then not we're sitting ducks, slow and low and if the s**t hits the fan, we can't just pull a handle on our seats to get out of trouble.

I've been shot and hit. We are ALWAYS a bigger target then you. So next time you think that what your doing is dangerous look down and behind you as your beatin feet and chances are there's some dudes in a hurk prayin to GOD that "they" don't get lucky!!

flyin4pennies said:

Never said I did know what you do. Never said it wasn't dangerous. Just going off what you said. But thanks for thinking we just "pull the handle when s*** hits the fan." Shows you really have no clue what we do.

Listen buddy, I never said anything bad about you or your platform. I just started by asking what you were flying in. I was f-ing curious. I'm sorry that you've got some sort of complex or chip on your shoulder that makes you want to try and start a fight here.

Latest resources

Back