A Super Hornet's Nest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AF over 4,000 CGOs

I'm one of the AF officers w/ his neck on the block...I was worried when i heard the news...I got over it- updated my records at AFPC and got my resume ready... :)

All rated officers are exempt from the force shaping board...Space guys are also exempt from the board...

-LA

He dosen't get it!!

Did he not learn something from the crew who killed several people in Europe several years ago?
I'm talking about when they flew their EA-6 through the gondolla cable.

I expect a little more maturity from our officers.

There is a time and a place for this. Not in class D!!!

It sucks that you have to play by the rules these days.....

Custom nose art is another sad loss.

Anybody who hasn't read "Yeager" is missing out on some sweet hotdogging stories.

Nose Art is another story, but playing by the rules! Too many idiotsand too little airspace today. I don't think Yeager had some muni airfield in mind when he talked about the good ol days.
How would you like being some student pilot in a 152 when this jackars buzzed the field and you were on a base leg. This guy was most likely so bussy monitoring his altitude that he could have very likely plowed into some unsuspecting student. An
F-18 instrutor even mentioned that he was operating well above his ability with such little time in type.

STUPID
STUPID
STUPID

Last edited:
I'm not buying the whole "acting above his ability" thing. The bottom line is that he busted the rules, fine, he's done.

To say that he was over his head doing a high-speed pass in a Hornet is goofy and a little condescending. Sure 96' is low [and dangerous], but give the guy some credit. A Tomcat veteran can't swing that in a Hornet after 14 hours? The guy may not have respect for the rules, but at least he can fly.

when you get more then 100 hours, give me a call!!

How would you like being some student pilot in a 152 when this jackars buzzed the field and you were on a base leg. This guy was most likely so bussy monitoring his altitude that he could have very likely plowed into some unsuspecting student.

I'm sure he sanitized the entire area with radar inbound.

I'm talking about when they flew their EA-6 through the gondolla cable.
You know what the media fed you. You see how bad they "F" up simple avaition stories. Guess what, that wasn't a simple story. Those guys got aquitted of all negligence/manslaughter charges, 'nuf said.

But they were still perminatly grounded because of their actions and the fact still remains, THEY KILLED PEOPLE!!!

If you say that they did nothing wrong, tell me, was that a published low-level route and if so, were they authorized to be as low as they were? I tend to think not if a gondolla was there. So media or not they were wrong!!

Let's not defend ignorance.

flyin4pennies said:
If you say that they did nothing wrong, tell me, was that a published low-level route and if so, were they authorized to be as low as they were? I tend to think not if a gondolla was there. So media or not they were wrong!!
You've already admitted that you don't know the whole story, so until you do why don't you shut it? Just because a low level route is "published" does not mean that there arn't obstacles on them, and mistakes can't be made.

As far as this guy doing what he did in class D... I've done breaks at well over 250 in class B, C, and D airports. We asked for a break at one particular airport, asked about airspeed restriction and the tower just said "bring it!" I'm sure if there was any traffic in the area, the tower would have let him know. I'm not defending his behavior, the decision to pull his wings is way over my pay grade, but I def. feel bad for the guy. Maybe just one slower pass, and a touch/go would have been in order and given him a little more room to manuver in the aftermath.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back