A Super Hornet's Nest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
guppygoshawk said:
Listen buddy, I never said anything bad about you or your platform. I just started by asking what you were flying in. I was f-ing curious. I'm sorry that you've got some sort of complex or chip on your shoulder that makes you want to try and start a fight here.

SHACK, brotha.

I'm glad this guy isn't flying Hornets anymore. What about the civilian traffic at that airport? What about the CFI in the pattern repetitively muttering "left rudder, left rudder" to his 17-year-old student? See-and-avoid does not work well with Cessnas and closure rates exceeding 500 knots.

I did a short stint as a CFI at an Air Force base and I appreciate their professionalism and attention to safety.

Do something blatant and stupid; loose your wings.

I still can't believe that this is what things have come to. A veteran Naval Aviator canned and labeled stupid for buzzing his hometown airport?

The pussifacation of America is making real progress these days. I'm begining to think Hillary has a real good chance in '08.

NookyBooky said:
I still can't believe that this is what things have come to. A veteran Naval Aviator canned and labeled stupid for buzzing his hometown airport?
I think we've established, if the stated facts are correct, that there was more involved here than just buzzing the airport. When I do 100 kts down the centerline at 100' and then turn 45 degrees and climb out at 500' per minute while waving to my wife at the fence and noticing that her car windows are down and its starting to rain..that's "buzzing the airport." This was something else entirely.

Flyingtoohigh said:
I'm glad this guy isn't flying Hornets anymore. What about the civilian traffic at that airport? What about the CFI in the pattern repetitively muttering "left rudder, left rudder" to his 17-year-old student? See-and-avoid does not work well with Cessnas and closure rates exceeding 500 knots.

I did a short stint as a CFI at an Air Force base and I appreciate their professionalism and attention to safety.

Do something blatant and stupid; loose your wings.

Remember those words the next time you go trundeling through an active MOA with no regard to whats going on. I'm sure had their been anyone flailing around the pattern when said incident occured, tower would have provided separation or at least advisories.

SIG600 said:
I'm sure had their been anyone flailing around the pattern when said incident occured, tower would have provided separation or at least advisories.

Not trying to step on your toes here, but thats not really correct. Its not the towers job to provide traffic separation or even advisories. The local controllers PRIMARY job is runway separation, traffic advisories is a secondary concern.

CFI4LIFE said:
Not trying to step on your toes here, but thats not really correct. Its not the towers job to provide traffic separation or even advisories. The local controllers PRIMARY job is runway separation, traffic advisories is a secondary concern.

Thanks, got a copy of the 7110 in my collection, along with a minor in Air Traffic Control.

This argument is getting f*cking rediculous. Why don't we just paint all our military planes pink and change all the squadron insignias to Hello Kitty while we chastise vetaran combat pilot for buzzing (yes, I said BUZZING) his hometown airport. I mean think of the horror he could have caused: what if an EC-130 was in the pattern and the FE was forced to hit the light switch, or if a 172 had to do a risky turn of over 30 degrees, or some old fag down the road was pissed off by the noise coming from the airport, or, what if, just what if the tens of millions of dollars in avionics failed in the Hornet and the pilot was forced to rely on (gasp) .......his eyes?

NookyBooky said:
This argument is getting f*cking rediculous. Why don't we just paint all our military planes pink and change all the squadron insignias to Hello Kitty while we chastise vetaran combat pilot for buzzing (yes, I said BUZZING) his hometown airport. I mean think of the horror he could have caused: what if an EC-130 was in the pattern and the FE was forced to hit the light switch, or if a 172 had to do a risky turn of over 30 degrees, or some old fag down the road was pissed off by the noise coming from the airport, or, what if, just what if the tens of millions of dollars in avionics failed in the Hornet and the pilot was forced to rely on (gasp) .......his eyes?

Out of curiosity, have you read FastCargo's post on page 1?

Latest resources

Back