A Southwest pilot perspective

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bro you're bitter and full of hate.

Just so you know we have guys hired early in 2001 that upgraded in just over 6 years while guys hired in the fall of 2001 have yet to upgrade. I blame Age 65 as much as a slow economy.

Gup
He is a liberal, they hate everything, they are victims, and love to give away other people's money.

Ham,

Don't you know any opinion that runs counter to Canyon Blue groupthink qualifies as hate speech?

To illustrate the patent unfairness that your arrogance deems "fair and equitable." In fact there are several of us who point that out on a daily basis.

But its just like the SWA "culture" to attempt to silence the naysayers.

Guess what? The Emperor has no clothes.

I might think different. Of course, not being retarded, I understand that your statement is either the work of someone who has no concept whatsoever of fact, or is so woefully committed fabrication, that they don't understand how easy it is to look up fact.

Your '20 year upgrade' may be compelling if it had any basis in reality.

It doesn't.

APC says, as of today, (post merger, post age 65) that the most junior Captain was hired in 2001. How does this reality translate to your "what if" fantasy of 20 year upgrades?

Try to base your position on reality. Adding an extra 10 years to reality. (doubling it!) to make your point is evidence of failure on your part.
If your position had actual merit, you wouldn't need to horribly exaggerate facts to support it.
Ewww, I sense anger. OK, I''ll play along for another turn or two, but only if it keeps getting under your skin as it appears you are the one who rides the short bus to work.

I guess you don't know we currently have 11 year FO's? And not by choice as in AT's batch of perma-FO's, which there is nothing wrong with, we will have them as well.

So, hows that 10 year upgrade argument now?

I wager we see 15 year FO's long before we see 8 year FO's upgrading again, wanna wager on that?

You really need to be somewhat proficient using a thing called "math" and extrapolate by applying a simple formula to determine what happens in the future, not whats happening today.

If we currently have 10-11 year FO's, with zero growth and only retirements to grease the skids of upgrade, how many years will it take to upgrade? I'll help, the first upgrade won't happen for another 458 days so those 11 year guys will be 12-13 year FO's.

A 7 year FO will upgrade when? 458 days plus number needed to retire equals 9 more years, they will be 16 year FO's. How many years will a 4 year FO need to upgrade? 14 years, an 18 year FO.

Now, how many years will it take a new hire in 2011 to upgrade? 19 years plus or minus.

So how about you come back to the reality of math and open your eyes.

I also wager upgrades will reduce to 10-15 years, but not before the 20 year FO's become a reality.

Last edited:
Then I suggest if someone doesn't want a 19 year upgrade they apply somewhere else. Virgin is upgrading quickly.

LOL!

To illustrate the patent unfairness

I think we are all big boys and girls here and don't need your 'illustrations', so why don't you give it a rest already.

You are completely irrelivant, just like Gen and OYS. What a great group you've joined...

I think we are all big boys and girls here.

I disagree. You all act like a bunch of whiny, spoiled brats who are outraged that someone might get a cookie before you do.

Until you all grow up, you'll need adults to point out the fallacy of your Canyon Blue groupthink.

Y'all are just mad because someone keeps showing you up.

(Like that "y'all"? I threw in some SWA "culture" to help you keep up.)

Latest resources

Back