• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Question for Blue-Aid Drinkers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is it a dumb idea? Is it better to mess up your body clock. Is it worse than commuting in one the same day and then doing a redeye transcon or "pond" jump. Both of which is done frquently by crewmembers.

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but..........

Jeez, it seems that the Kool Aid over at Jet Blue is even more potent than the stuff that SWApA pours!

Commuting is a CHOICE made by an individual pilot. What you are suggesting could, IMHO, lead to an FAA RULE CHANGE that will adversely affect the rest of the industry. As another SWA pilot said, BWI, MDW, MCI, PHX, LAX, MCI, BWI type days will become very real. Those 8 leggers are bad enough when you never leave the Nation of TX.

There are very few times when the 8/24 rule is worse for pilots than say a 12/24 rule. Heck, I'm beat after those 7:59 days with a few A/C swaps.....

Hopefully it won't happen....

The Lazarus Thread is Raised

Folks,

I think this thread has been whipped on more than most of my ex wives.

post deleted

Last edited:
Re: The Lazarus Thread is Raised

FlyingFarmer said:
The fact that a large and rapidly growing number of pilots are "packin'" has got to be some kind of deterent against Habib trying 9/11 again, right ?

Unless you're on a JB A/C.

Please somebody, say it aint' so!

:eek:

What difference does it make if the door can/can not get broken into when, pilots leave the cockpit during the flight all the time...if I'm a terrorist (no last name jokes please :)) then I'd just wait for the pilot to come out and gain access then.....guess this is when the guns/tasers in the cockpit discussion would begin for me....

Last edited:
Flying Farmer,

I can neither confirm nor deny your info, however, your statements concerning jetBlue are in error and this is a rather safety sensitive inquiry, so lets leave it at that :)

Re: The Lazarus Thread is Raised

FlyingFarmer said:
Folks,

I think this thread has been whipped on more than most of my ex wives.

BUT

as long as I'm actually bothering to post on something I have to ask the question, I was talking to an armed guy on the JS the other day, is it true that NOT ONE SINGLE PILOT at JB is flying armed? (the Jblue guys are probably too busy picking gum outta' the seats) anyway, this guy said that Needlemyer put out an email stating that he didn't want any of his "boys" packing heat, because he thought that the airbus door could stop ANY intruder. YGTBSM?!? So this guy, a bus drvr, says HE thinks that all it takes is a pair of alligator clips and a 12 volt battery to open the door. I don't care where you are on the arming pilot issue, but c'mon!! The fact that a large and rapidly growing number of pilots are "packin'" has got to be some kind of deterent against a "TERRORIST" trying 9/11 again, right ?

Unless you're on a JB A/C.

Please somebody, say it aint' so!

FF

Perhaps this deserves a thread of it's own.

:eek:

Farmer,

Tom Clancy ain't got sh*! on you when it comes to writing fiction. First and foremost, per my understanding, if he's armed and on the JS, either you, he, or both, can't read policy. His weapon should be in the cargo bin.

I have no idea if, or how many B6 folks are "packing". In fact, to know that is supposed to be privy to more info than myself (and I bet you) could possibly know. In fact who and for whom they are "packing" is supposed to be a big secret. Hence, no one can figure out where and when an FFDO might show up.

Secondly, I bet it is incomprehensible to you that anyone in management would send a survey, via e-mail, to see what the majority of the pilot group wants. Let alone, Gawd forbid, over 50%, 60%, even 70% wouldn't want to participate!!!! No, it's so much easier to perpetuate false innuendo.

Third; you don't need to worry at all about the reinforced door to get into the cockpit of any airliner these days, much less on an Airbus. Period, dot, end of sentence.

Tripower455,
Please re-read typhoonpilot's post. The more legs you do, the less flight time in a day you are allowed per the requirements of the regulations which he is subject to. It is these regulations (per my understanding) B6's application is based upon. In fact, eight legs in a day would be far outside the guidelines of this proposal.

In the end all the airline wants to do (per my understanding) is conduct research. Then again, why would anyone want to actually do that??? Heck, they can just ask a few select members of this forum for all the answers they need. I bet you could even come up with "the" cure for cancer or any other social ills, if pressed. Research, smeasearch... right?

Respectfully,

JayDub

Please re-read typhoonpilot's post. The more legs you do, the less flight time in a day you are allowed per the requirements of the regulations which he is subject to. It is these regulations (per my understanding) B6's application is based upon. In fact, eight legs in a day would be far outside the guidelines of this proposal.

I'll admit that the finer points of the post went by me. In my experience, these things have a way of coming back to haunt those that wanted them the most.

The language had better be absolutely black and white (unlikely)as to when and how this exemption applies, because if it is the least bit gray, management WILL interpret/exploit it, to the detriment of the pilots. Don't think that Jet Blue's management will be any different, either. They are closely modeled after SWA, right?

Last edited:
Tripower455 said:
Don't think that Jet Blue's management will be any different, either. They are closely modeled after SWA, right?

As a matter of fact, Neeleman was fired by Herb for "philosophical differences" as I understand it.

I appreciate you concerns. With that said, we have to see a proposal before anyone can make a judgment.

Respectfully,

JayDub

Jet Blue are pro's in the race to the bottom........and the sad part is they don't care or are too stupid or inexperienced to know the difference.

Intruder One,

Nice to know you care:) I will be sure to consider your opinion, along with the
other nuggets of gold from you like these:

"I'm sorry I just do not like to fly with women pilots.Most of them fly OK it just seems odd.Do most men completely trust the wife or girlfriend when shes driving a car........you know what I mean."

"Make sure you have a DUI it seems to help!"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back