A Pinnacle captain with some balls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rook said:
Before pointing your fingers and calling the CA a d1ck, how about these scenarios that happen on a daily basis at 9E...Loading up 50 pax, extra fuel for wx, too heavy for T.O. burn fuel to get legal after being told numerous times "you should be ok"

Give me a break, buddy. This is what we ALL get paid to do, DAILY. Deal, know your outs, be a professional.

J32driver said:
Came straight from the crew that it happened to. Incident was less than 24 hours old. Both Cpt and FO had same story. Both were were pretty livid but were still able to laugh about it. In short... I have no reason not to believe the story. Sorry.

they were so livid they must have forgotten how to add. the numbers from CLC and the DCA station were correct. the captain did not count one of the pax, a child, as a half weight. i guess that they were also so livid that they forgot to call dispatch on AIRINC, which the company pays for. in short...the captain is a dumba$$.

Propsync said:
Give me a break, buddy. This is what we ALL get paid to do, DAILY. Deal, know your outs, be a professional.

How was I not being professional? I gave an example of trying to get a head start on things,talking to DX about what could be a problem and still got hosed. After a while it gets old. Lighten up Francis.

J32driver said:
Came straight from the crew that it happened to. Incident was less than 24 hours old. Both Cpt and FO had same story. Both were were pretty livid but were still able to laugh about it. In short... I have no reason not to believe the story. Sorry.

I guess it really did happen then. They said it so it must be true.

I call BS on this one. J32, give us something to back the story up: The Captain or First Officer's name, a date, city pairs, anything. I really enjoy researching some of the dumb, unfounded stories I see on here about a 9E crew that did this or that or your claim, the 9E dispatcher that supposedly sent the crew this "you find it yourself" message. Most of the time the people who post this crap hear it from a guy who heard from some guy in the crew room who was in line at Starbucks who overheard a pilot talking to someone on his cell phone blah blah blah... as Morning Wood said.

Almost every time, I find the real story and it turns out be complete bullsh*t.

I hope the crew has written the dispatcher up if this really did happen.

Last edited:
dispatcher121 said:
Hey 405, my money says it's bullsh!t.

BTW, I wonder if the crew for this alleged event will get called in to talk to their CP? If it's a REAL case scenerio, they should.

The DCA crew might get a few stern words. That was a simple fix. A gate return, landline phone call to fix the problem and be on your way.

This dispatcher who alledgely sent the "you find an alternate yourself. you're the captain" message should be reprimanded and fired if this really happened. That is a definite safety of flight issue in my opinion.

To the DX's at 9E if you ever get a CA who for whatever reason you can't get a hold of, cancel his clearance, you'll get a call usually in very short order.

405 said:
I call BS on this one. J32, give us something to back the story up: The Captain or First Officer's name, a date, city pairs, anything.

dispatcher121 said:
BTW, I wonder if the crew for this alleged event will get called in to talk to their CP? If it's a REAL case scenerio, they should.

Put these 2 quotes together and you understand exactly why I won't get any more specific. If the Captain involved wishes to pursue this with his CP... then so be it.

ss9e said:
they were so livid they must have forgotten how to add. the numbers from CLC and the DCA station were correct. the captain did not count one of the pax, a child, as a half weight. i guess that they were also so livid that they forgot to call dispatch on AIRINC, which the company pays for. in short...the captain is a dumba$$.

Holy crap... would you at least keep up with the conversation!!!

Alright, give me a city pair and a date of the event. I'll look it up myself.

I know better than ask for names. My mistake.

Latest resources

Back