• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Pinnacle captain with some balls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you live off of $15,000 a year. Live with mom and pop till they decide to pay your more than a professional burger flipper?

I totally agree with the PCL captain. If a cell phone is a resource they want us to use then they should pay for it. The more airline management can get for free the more they will want for free.

A professional does what is necessary to get the job done, consistent with safety and legality. A spoiled brat sits and and pouts "Not my job" when things don't go his/her way.

We would all do well to remember that there will come a day for each of us when, in order to get something we want or need, we will have to rely on the kindness, generosity, and the "can do" attitude of another person.

If there is justice in the world, one day that Captain is going to need something from one of those 50 passengers that were on his plane.

hoover said:
A spoiled brat....

So you are calling this Pinnacle Captain a spoiled brat? Hahaha..spoiled by what? His huge salary and excellent work rules? Thats funny.

hoover said:
A professional does what is necessary to get the job done, consistent with safety and legality. A spoiled brat sits and and pouts "Not my job" when things don't go his/her way.

We would all do well to remember that there will come a day for each of us when, in order to get something we want or need, we will have to rely on the kindness, generosity, and the "can do" attitude of another person.

If there is justice in the world, one day that Captain is going to need something from one of those 50 passengers that were on his plane.

Not flaming you, but it is a little hard to take your comments seriously when I don't know what your background is. Are you a pilot, or a corporate motivational speaker? It makes a difference. Have you been in a situation remotely similar, or are you a Dr. Phil wannabe?

I've worked for outfits where their view of a professional is someone who gets the job done irrespective of safety and legality. How about you?

Doesn't the FAA require cell phones to be off after the door closes? Seems at the least the company would. Something to do with critical phase of flight, no distractions.

hoover said:

So on one thread you call Pinnacle "whore's" becasue they're flying a 50 seat jet airliner for relatively low wages. On the next thread they become "spoiled brats" becasue somebody finally held the line. Pick one! Bravo for this guy.

Latest resources

Back