A note from this FA to you.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Air Biscuit said:
You're probably paid more than alot of f.o.'s. So don't feel bad. With Mesa, Chautauqua, and everybody else willing to work for sh!t wages and continue the race to the bottom you just may have the better paying job in a few years.

You just don't get it do you? Before you begin comparing salaries, get your info straight.

According to your post "everybody else" is willing to work for Sh!t wages. Everyone except whom? Who do you work for? What incredibly different company do you work for that is sooo much better than "Everybody else"?????

I am going to assume that your comment is just bait to begin an argument, and that you simply are not informed as to what company's pay their employees, because your comments sure show nothing but ignorance.

Now before you or somebody else comes back showing some word(s) that I may have misspelled, or some grammatical error. Please remember that no, I was not an english major, and I simply just don't care. I think you can get what I am saying regardless of spelling or grammar.

Regional F/A, I cannot thank you and your fellow F/A's enough for the fine job that you do. You truly have a thankless job, and a difficult one at that. You are under paid, under-respected, and do not get the recognition that you desirve. I praise you for your commitment to excellence and your tollerance of those who go out of their way to be troublesome. This Bud's for you!!!!

While I agree that you need to be treated with the maximum level of respect you minimize the respect you have for pilots when you condescendingly talk about our "daunting" tasks.

Piloting an aircraft requires, more than anything else, good decision making. I challenge anyone to fly an approach into a dark Mexican Airport in non radar in crappy weather while they are tired. Mistakes happen. We nearly lost an aircraft. It missed the mountains by 200ft. We are paid to not make those mistakes. We are paid to know whether to go left or right around a thunderstorms. We are paid to listen to that little voice in the back of our mind.

That being said we are managers. We as captains need to take all the input from diferent sources and make a decision to operate the a/c safely and efficiently. And one of those inputs comes from the FA. She is the contact person in the back and our first line of defense. And to not respect her is to loose a valuable source and tool. FA's should be treated as a valued member of the crew.

That being said and showing my complete and total respect for the FA, they need to understand and realize that it is my a/c. And I am ultimately responsible for its operation. And I think there is a little too much PC garbage that has filtered into this industry. We will not be singing Kum-By-Ya.

There is an old saying. When its the pilots day, its everyones day.

Regional FA,
Why on earth would a would a new hire take on a conversation like this with an FA...not a good move..
Please remember though that FO's typically have alot more busy work to do before the next flight inlcluding going outside and doing the walkaround, atis, clearance, load manifiest etc...so if we arent always in the back helping cross seatbelts, dont think its b/c we are lazy, or we have no courtesy, its that we have to make sure that we have enough time to do our duties as well. I know this wasnt the bulk of your post above, but just something to think about.
You certainly have my respect,
DST

The FO's who display that attitude are angry and jealous that they are not captains, and are looking for someone to 'feel better than'. (sorry, bad grammar there).

Next time you get this crap, say something like, "Sure thing there,
Captain. Oh, wait..." That ought to make them feel about two feet tall.

Nothing worse than a green, snotty wannabe who finally made it.

The pilot was probably a Purdue-bee straight out of college with a little over 300 hrs with an autographed copy of "The Right Stuff" as his bible.

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that situation.

Wonder Woman,

Make yourself useful and bring me another cup of coffee would ya. And don't be all day about it... When you get done with that just stand there and look pretty.

Another immature, unprofessional pilot.

RegFA,

Hmmm, yes I feel for you, sorry. Now get back in the galley and get me a bottle of water and cup of ice. While your at it change the trash bag in the cockpit, it should never get more than half full because then bumps my arm while I'm reading the paper.:D

no JK, just brush it off.

Unfortunately some of my peers can be real jerks sometimes. Luckily they are the extreme minority. On the other hand some of your F/A sisters/brothers can be a real pain in the ass as well.To those few F/A that are jerks: STFU, sit down and do your d@mn job and stop fricking complaining all the time! Contrary to popular belief it isn't your airplane and we aren't there just to drive you around. The customers count and aren't there just to piss you off. I don't care that your boyfriend is cheating on you or that you can't afford to eat dinner with the crew. Stop interrupting when the pilots are engaged in a pre departure checklist or procedure. Stop and listen for a second before you burst into the cockpit demanding galley water or whatever. Don't wait until 3 minutes to push to tell me that the seatbelt sign is burned out. Try to think outside the 3' circle immediately around your fatass. If you hate your job quit and go back to telemarketing or whatever it is you did before your cursed this airline with your meanspirited, whinyassed countenance. To the other 98% of the F/A: Good job guys and gals. You make it a pleasure to come to work.

Last edited:
mckpickle said:
While I agree that you need to be treated with the maximum level of respect you minimize the respect you have for pilots when you condescendingly talk about our "daunting" tasks.

Piloting an aircraft requires, more than anything else, good decision making. I challenge anyone to fly an approach into a dark Mexican Airport in non radar in crappy weather while they are tired. Mistakes happen. We nearly lost an aircraft. It missed the mountains by 200ft. We are paid to not make those mistakes. We are paid to know whether to go left or right around a thunderstorms. We are paid to listen to that little voice in the back of our mind.

That being said we are managers. We as captains need to take all the input from diferent sources and make a decision to operate the a/c safely and efficiently. And one of those inputs comes from the FA. She is the contact person in the back and our first line of defense. And to not respect her is to loose a valuable source and tool. FA's should be treated as a valued member of the crew.

That being said and showing my complete and total respect for the FA, they need to understand and realize that it is my a/c. And I am ultimately responsible for its operation. And I think there is a little too much PC garbage that has filtered into this industry. We will not be singing Kum-By-Ya.

There is an old saying. When its the pilots day, its everyones day.

I never condescendingly said anything. That's all in how you chose to read it. I came up with no other more appropriate words when writing what I did. I stand by it. I have the utmost respect for your job. I stand up for all the rules that exist to maintain the integrity of what happens up front. Lots of things can go wrong. I like to know that you're up to the challenge. That's great. But, it has NO impact on the fact that I, as an FA, have very few of those same protections.

Latest resources

Back