• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A note from this FA to you.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LADIES: There is a population of pilots who understand the sentiment expressed in the first post, and indeed strive to show respect for everyone with whom they come in contact and with whom they work. Your message was well-communicated to them, and it's unlikely that all of them that received that message will feel a need to respond with a post. Sometimes we need to be reminded of the things which we tend to take for granted. Sometimes we make mistakes and it helps to have those mistakes pointed out so that we might address them, correct them, and move on. I take your comments as constructive criticism, and we would all do well to take them to heart.

Do not misconstrue the balance - - or lack thereof - - of responses to that post as a barometer of the sentiment among decent human beings.

GENTLEMEN: Thanks for stepping up to the plate and acting like men, capable of making mistakes, humble enough to apologize, and smart enough to learn and improve. It was the right thing to speak up on behalf of fair treatment of FA's, and you prove yourselves to be better men by doing so.

OTHERS: Your Archie Bunker, Sesame Street mentality is embarrassing - - if not to you, then to those of us who respect people and possess a scintilla of human dignity. Grow up.

This message is brought to you by the letter "A" and the number "1."

I really wish we could here the other side of this. When I have to knock the crews heads together and get them to make up it seems like the stories really become to differ. From your story sounds like you had a bad FO. But I have seen FA's try to pick fights with new FO's to try and prove something. Anyway good luck.. Fly Safe!

Great post, Tony C.

-Another Former FA, Current Pilot

RegionalFA said:
Dear Pilots,

This is just a friendly little reminder about a thing called "mutual respect." Yeah, you remember me, the cute chick in the back. Remember, I'm here to work, too. Please respect that.

Sorry. I'm a little worked up right now. Why? Because I had a wonderful newhire just try to make me feel insuperior. Hon, I can bump you off any flight, so watch it.

When talking about scheduling and how flight attendants are basically not restricted by the FAA, keep your comments to yourself. That's right, clamp it. We have no FAA mandated duty limitations, daily limitations, weekly limitations, monthly limitations or Yearly limitations. by contract, I can't be "scheduled" more than 30/7. However, I've flown *censored* near 40 due to weather delays. I've had pilots yanked from flights that I was left to work. Flight attendants are superhuman and don't get tired, apparently.

Your little comment about how "well, FA's can't kill 50 people." *censored* you. Seriously. Shove it. Okay, and, with autopilot and a co-pilot, the odds of you "accidently" killing a boatload of people are pretty slim, too. Don't imply that my job doesn't matter. Where were you the last time a passenger stopped breathing, had a heart attack or just plain freaked out? You can't come out of the cockpit any more... who's gonna put out a fire? Who's gonna keep those people happy when you make your self serving announcements that we're gonna be sitting for a few hours due to weather. It sure as hell isn't you.

So, let's not forget that FA's have a different job, but it's important, too. And, while the FAA doesn't show that it agrees, it is important to know that the person in the back is alert and confident. It reflects well on you and the company.

I realize that you, as a pilot, for obvious reasons.. have the more... "daunting" tasks at hand. At least on a daily basis. Yes, I want to know that you guys are alert and paying attention. I want you to catch the radio calls, see the other aircraft in the vicinity and ALL the piloting aspects of daily work. I respect your job.

Please respect me and mine.

As per my company's contract...30/7 don't apply to you. It's a FAA requirement!!! you can be scheduled no more than 14 hrs and 16 with mx/wx probs. 1/7 apply and you must have legal rest of 8hrs etc...thats it no more no less...

whatever you make its well deserved. i wouldnt be able to deal with that many strangers thinking they are on their own private jet. god bless you all.

Latest resources

Back