Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aceshigh said:
Regional FA,

Are you based in RIC with CHQ? You sound like someone I know.

Aceshigh

I also apparently sound like someone from STL and CMH.

Questions like that should be addressed in PM.

I'll gladly explain:

This job isn't very hard. Challenging, occasionally.

Yes, we must be alert. Yes, we must think ahead. I don't see why that is so difficult. Plenty of less than stellar pilots out there - most of them never have a real problem.

Once you've done the job for a year or two, what's the big deal.

I've had harder jobs - that's why I do this now. Easy.

OldManPilot said:
You just don't get it do you? Before you begin comparing salaries, get your info straight.

According to your post "everybody else" is willing to work for Sh!t wages. Everyone except whom? Who do you work for? What incredibly different company do you work for that is sooo much better than "Everybody else"?????

I'm sorry if you didn't understand what everybody else meant. It means are you or anybody else part of the problem, meaning are you satisfied with your wages or will you have the sack to vote down a peice of sh!t when it falls in front of you. We all obviously know that the majority of Mesa and Chautauqua will be happy living off Ramen Noodles and Dinty Moore Beef Stew for quite some time trying to support the wife and kids. I'm sure that the majority of these pilots are misers who save every penny they find on the street and pack there meals for an entire 4 day trip, but love to fly so much that walking a picket line just wouldn't cut it. Don't you understand, until people wake up this profession will continue to decline. What I'm trying to explain isn't rocket science. I work for X-jet and I can assure you that if I don't see close to mainline wages my vote will be no. My vote was no for the last contract. If it means me losing my job I really don't give a f$#@. I've done this for long enough and if I have to go drive a truck and make the same money I will. Enough is enough. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is enough pilots at X-jet willing to fight as hard as I am, but I am confident that we will definately raise the bar to a level far above the rest.

RegionalFA said:
Dear Pilots,

This is just a friendly little reminder about a thing called "mutual respect." Yeah, you remember me, the cute chick in the back. Remember, I'm here to work, too. Please respect that.

Dear F/A's,

I thought it was mutual and stop asking me to remember it, I was drunk so I can't. I remember something about working you and something about me being in back and I even remember saying "I'll respect you tomorrow" but it's all pretty unclear still.

Say hello to the Captain.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

BEN Franklin strikes again.

That was great...

ROFLMAO!!!

Re: Re: A note from this FA to you.

Ben Franklin said:
Dear F/A's,

I thought it was mutual and stop asking me to remember it, I was drunk so I can't. I remember something about working you and something about me being in back and I even remember saying "I'll respect you tomorrow" but it's all pretty unclear still.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

I'll bet the male flight attendants remember it.... LOL Just Kidding!

Re: Re: A note from this FA to you.

Ben Franklin said:
Dear F/A's,

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

BF,

it's hard to forget the worst sex of your life. forgive us and let us learn from these mistakes.

FA

You weren't drafted... you applied for the job! Being a FA has all the disadvantages of our job, with very few of the advantages. I just don't understand why someone would want that job.... but you CHOOSE to be a FA, not a pilot.

You don't deserve to get dumped on, but you do have to understand there is a pecking order on board... Capt, FO, FA. You may not like it, but you have to respect it.

I had a FA tell me to get out of his galley, if I need something ask. Well I did, and very politely at that 15 min ago... so I got it myself. When he told me about the invisible line accross the galley that was his territory and that I wasn't allowed to go there. I told him that we were going to have a problem, because HIS galley was in MY airplane!

During initial training a few years back, a FA in training asked me how long our training was.... 4 weeks of ground and then 2 weeks in the sim. She said that their training was 4 weeks, so if she went an extra week she could be a pilot? Well, no I responded, I was a pilot before hand and also 4 + 1 is 5, not 6.

Caveman said:
Unfortunately some of my peers can be real jerks sometimes. Luckily they are the extreme minority. On the other hand some of your F/A sisters/brothers can be a real pain in the ass as well.To those few F/A that are jerks: STFU, sit down and do your d@mn job and stop fricking complaining all the time! Contrary to popular belief it isn't your airplane and we aren't there just to drive you around. The customers count and aren't there just to piss you off. I don't care that your boyfriend is cheating on you or that you can't afford to eat dinner with the crew. Stop interrupting when the pilots are engaged in a pre departure checklist or procedure. Stop and listen for a second before you burst into the cockpit demanding galley water or whatever. Don't wait until 3 minutes to push to tell me that the seatbelt sign is burned out. Try to think outside the 3' circle immediately around your fatass. If you hate your job quit and go back to telemarketing or whatever it is you did before your cursed this airline with your meanspirited, whinyassed countenance. To the other 98% of the F/A: Good job guys and gals. You make it a pleasure to come to work.
Golf clap... Well put sir.:cool: :D

Latest resources

Back