• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A note from this FA to you.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would suggest leaving the "emotional" side at home when you step into your office. A true professional whether it be a pilot/flight attendant/etc usually does not let comments of this nature effect them in any way, shape, or form. A very simple and elementary solution would be to rise above it and look the other way. It is rather easy to blow it off and let it go in one ear and out the other, kind of a childish post if you ask me... Even though these kinds of people are not going to be on every one of your flights you can always expect this kind of attitude every now and then so handle it, deal with it and move on. If safety was being compromised in any way then you may have a valid point but when such a simple comment is made that you take "offense" to that a fellow company employee directed towards you and post it on a public board then it makes some of us wonder and have to say what the fuc$... As long as I have frequented this board I have never come across any other posts such as this one. This tells me one thing, people don't let their emotions get the best of them since obviously this does go on within the industry... Pilots and flight attendants are paid to get passengers from point a to point b safely without scratching a pax or dinging a piece of metal in the process, not to make friends with each other. Simple as that. Funny during IOE/checks, etc when a pilot gets corrected or a comment is made that he does not "like" he does not get all emotional and b!tch, whine, etc, on a public board. Go figure. (no sarcasm intended)

If you hate your job quit and go back to telemarketing or whatever it is you did before your cursed this airline with your meanspirited, whinyassed countenance.

Amen Caveman..

3 5 0

Last edited:
I just have one question.

What does "insuperior" mean?

I'm not familiar with that word.

Insuperior, hmmmmmm. Maybe its in the FA dictionary.

Well, maybe it would garner you more respect if you used English words so that people can actually understand you. Plus I'm gonna puke from these sycophants kissing your a$$. LOL.

Insuperior.......................that one's a classic. Another empty kitchen.

How sad.

RegionalFA said:
Dear Pilots,

Remember, I'm here to work, too. Please respect that.

Sorry. I'm a little worked up right now. Why? Because I had a wonderful newhire just try to make me feel insuperior. Hon, I can bump you off any flight, so watch it.

I have a good friend and former co-worker who is an FA at American Eagle. He, along with every other overworked, underpaid FA in the business, has my respect...I don't think I have the patience for such a job.

Regional FA, I too am sorry you had to put up with such a classless act. Please, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Stinkbug : that's exactly it. we have cabins fill with smoke that without the FA the cockpit wouldn't know until MUCH later. or on a more humorous note, when flying into LGA and we "pass" the airport and people start freaking out because "the pilots don't know where we're going!!!!" or "They're going to BOSTON!!!!"... We play a huge part in customer service and a large part of safety in the cabin. I had a passenger last week telling me about a flight he took recently. They depressurized at altitude and the 02 masks deployed and the passengers just sat there. no reaction. The FA's had to take charge and get everyone to actually put them on. Etc. I've briefed a cabin while feeling the phone tremble in my hand and I've had medical emergencies where, with the exception of the immediate rows around them, no one else on the plane even knew anything was wrong until I asked them to stay seated and to allow us to let the paramedics board quickly.

DrinkSweetTea: Well, you know full well that we do more in a day than fly and prepare to fly. Try an idle conversation over lunch. Etc. Actually, I was talking about not waiving my 30/7 for transition because i would gain nothing.

also, i would never complain about not getting help except in two specific situations. If you're standing in my way not doing *censored* while I'm TRYING to get the thing cleaned and then you have the balls to ASK me if I'm ready.... I'll get cranky. The second being if you walk off and leave me while I'm cleaning... shut down the plane and leave (go to the crewroom, hotel van or, yes it has happened, the hotel). Either say to me that you'll meet me inside or heaven forbid, busy yourself long enough to leave me some lights to clean up the plane.

100LL... Again!: in this case I don't think it was that... he's super new and just happy to be flying a jet. It's just a view that some people (usually passengers, but sadly also some pilots) have of FA's... just sky waitresses that aren't good for anything but soda.

dixieflyer: sure thing... lemme find my visine first! ;) :D ;)

LearLove: what's sad is that they actually put it in our manual that we are responsible for the trash bag in the galley. *shakes head* Little boys flying big toys! ;)

Caveman: very true. there are some FA's out there that I have no respect for. But, it doesn't change the role that the job should represent. On the other hand, if the FAA would acknowledge our importance just a little and give us some min. duty type regs to show that... maybe the companies/passengers/etc. would also take us a little more seriously. You're gonna have those types around for as long as this job pays less than McD's and has about as much respect. At least pilots get the prestige! (even though we all know it's all image and not reality)! I apologise for those that do those things. I'm guilty of a few. Esp. Trying to get water on the planes. Dammit, if they'd just cater what I'd ordered, i wouldn't have to interrupt you to get it to the plane before we push. However, since guys have been known to call me to say they "get" to fly with me... apparently the good aspects outweigh the bad.

350DRIVER: Actually, i've seen several posts where individuals post about the attitudes of those they work with. You haven't seen this because this is primarily a pilots board. As a FA I thought maybe a few of you would take to heart that some FA's take their job seriously and respect you and would like a little respect in return. I had a bad day and felt like finally standing up for myself. Maybe this isn't the right place, but I'm sure you'll forget about it by the time you read the 50billionth post that's anti-mesa.

Clownpilot: Yeah, inferior would be the correct choce of words. However, when being "emotional" and whatnot and trying to decide how to word things. *censored* happens. I am glad that one word makes you feel that much more superior... that I'm dumb for just that. Whatever makes you feel good when you go to bed at night. (and if you can't figure out what i meant simply by the use of the word "insuperior" then maybe I'm not the one with real educational limits.)

Last edited:
Actually, i've seen several posts where individuals post about the attitudes of those they work with. You haven't seen this because this is primarily a pilots board. As a FA I thought maybe a few of you would take to heart that some FA's take their job seriously and respect you and would like a little respect in return. I had a bad day and felt like finally standing up for myself. Maybe this isn't the right place, but I'm sure you'll forget about it by the time you read the 50billionth post that's anti-mesa.

I had to laugh when a good friend of mine who is a furloughed DAL pilot (Delta Airlines in case you did not know) who is now at CHQ awaiting recall mentioned a similiar experience on a trip with a f/a. It may have been you.:D It is just very childish that you bring emotions into the workplace and post about it on a public message board where many come, respect is a mutual feeling that most crew members share for one another.. Sounds like you have a rather large chip on your shoulder but that is just my opinion.

3 5 0

ps> If I am at Mesa then I surely have ended up at the wrong company and that is news to me.

350DRIVER said:
I had to laugh when a good friend of mine who is a furloughed DAL pilot (Delta Airlines in case you did not know) who is now at CHQ awaiting recall mentioned a similiar experience on a trip with a f/a. It may have been you.:D It is just very childish that you bring emotions into the workplace and post about it on a public message board where many come, respect is a mutual feeling that most crew members share for one another.. Sounds like you have a rather large chip on your shoulder but that is just my opinion.

3 5 0

ps> If I am at Mesa then I surely have ended up at the wrong company and that is news to me.

Or maybe you're just trying to make a bigger deal out of this than i was. You make out like I called a press conference. No, I made a post about it on a board where members of the industry are around to discuss happenings, mentalities and objectives that they share. Relationships and mentalities that groups within this industry have are very much on topic for this board.

And, since this newhire reserve is not a furlough and it happened very recently, i'm gonna guess I'm not the same person. (just proves that there are lots of attitudes out there.) My response to this pilot was simply "well, you decide how important I am when an emergency pops up." No "chip" on my shoulder. I don't appreciate being disrespeted by passengers all day, but that, I let roll off my back. I don't however think it's appropriate for a coworker to dismiss the importance of any other employee. I didn't write a transcript of what he said to me. I didn't and still don't think that's the point. I think we should all treat each other with respect. I don't talk down to the rampers, gate agents, pilots, fuelers, etc. I certainly don't want to be talked down to by you. I'd rather state an opinion in a forum like this rather than developing a chip.

Simple as that. You clearly don't want to walk away having had any thought that doesn't include trying to make me sound childish. That's fine. You're entitled to that opinion. I've seen more offtopic and childish posts and I'm sure more will follow. I'm just glad to know that I don't have to fly with you this month.

besides... i'm "just a FA" and "it's not a big safety concern" if I'm under rested.

and by the way, I love my job. I have a good time at work and my crews often tell me that I'm a lot of fun to fly with. Making a statement that some pilots need to grow up and stop the "I'm better than you" attitude in no way reflects my ability to do my job or to enjoy what I do. I simply don't enjoy that particular attitude, it doesn't affect the rest of my life.

Last edited:
I will say this - most pilots heavily overstress the difficulty and complexity of their jobs when discussing it to the general public..

Yeah, it's a challenge, and onc in a while you gotta bereal good. Most of the time...

100LL... Again! said:
I will say this - most pilots heavily overstress the difficulty and complexity of their jobs when discussing it to the general public..

Yeah, it's a challenge, and onc in a while you gotta bereal good. Most of the time...

Could you be more specific, cause I would'nt even begin to explain to someone what goes on at my job. And I'm kinda' thinkin' you gotta 'bereal good' anytime you got pax in the back that don't include your extended family from the ozarks.

Latest resources

Back