Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe that was really their taxi speed?:D

trainerjet said:
Why does everyone assume they were "on final"? All the article says was that she "pulled the nose down and aimed for STL". They could have been anywhere in the descent. 100 miles out. Who knows? I'm pretty sure they weren't "on final".

Well when except below 10k are you "too fast for this late in the flight" where he was ready to grab the plane from her?

Hmmm..

Lets see here...Pull the nose down..How do you do that?

A 737 doing 500 anything except maybe at very high altitude..Nah

I know Captain Lewis as well as his daughter..Nicole was in my new hire class here at SWA..

Both are first class and highly regarded people here..

The story is full of mis-quotes and bull$hit and NOT to be taken seriously in any way..

About the only thing they got right was the fact that they do in fact work here...

Mike

Last edited:
Falcon Capt said:
Well when except below 10k are you "too fast for this late in the flight" where he was ready to grab the plane from her?

As you may already see I dont think much of the article..

However..
There are several ways you can be too fast and too high in relation to "our" profile and still be a long way away from the airport..

At SWA, we as much as possible, fly a very specific profile that at times would be easy to be high and fast on and not be a problem later in the descent..

From what ive read of the article..I wasnt under the impression that Cpt Lewis was about to take away the aircraft..Just debating to himself over what the value or timing of his input might have to a fellow crewmember..

We all have been in the position of what i call the three toos..

Too dam# close.
Too dam# fast.
Too dam# high.

If you havnt been there then you havnt been doing this long enough to weigh in on this issue or you are full of cr@p..

The ONLY reason it was even considered to be a big deal was to be eye catching filler for what could have otherwise been a nice...but boring..article about two really cool people..

Mike

Mike Lewis is a class act! My first month at SWA was with him. He is a great guy.

Guys.....

The article was written by the Washington Post, that alone should say it all. Typical liberal rag with no real reporting or investigation of facts.

What do ya'll think?

interesting article, but i got two questions other than the "500MPH on final" deal...

1. since when could you upgrade at 22?

2. since when did Lakes start flying 737's? i think the author meant to say "she worked extra hours and skipped vacations so that she could build time and apply to SWA".

those wacky media folks!

Latest resources

Back