A little fast on final??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MLBWINGBORN said:

...At SWA, we as much as possible, fly a very specific profile that at times would be easy to be high and fast on and not be a problem later in the descent.....

...We all have been in the position of what i call the three toos..

Too dam# close.
Too dam# fast.
Too dam# high.

Mike

Burbank, anyone?

And im sure you have a point..

But..Judging by your profile.. perhaps not..

Mike

MLBWINGBORN said:
And im sure you have a point..

But..Judging by your profile.. perhaps not..

Mike

Profile? I'll give you my profile: 7,000 + hour Airtran Airways DC9 Capt. (which, btw, is of zero importance hence no profile) NOW is my argument worth more than if it was submitted by a ump-hundred chicken hawk wonder pile-it? Here is you true color, wing abortion: when you had no effective counterargument - you resorted to a personal. Please don't go giving fine Southwest pilot group a bad name questioning one's profile.

P.S. Nice to observe YOU change YOUR profile from "furloughed" position to "Southwest FO" thinking I'd lower myself to your level.

you resorted to a personal

And what you did, both initially and in your most recent post was an intelligent well thought out argument? Interesting: "Burbank, anyone" is an "argument"? Wow, you must have been president of the debate team!

Yes Burbank is a black eye for us. But our safety record on whole speaks for itself. And yes, your profile is relevant: perhaps, if you had something insightful to offer, (as could be expected from a mature DC9 Captain) we might listen.

But a person of unknown qualifications posting nothing more than a place name and a pronoun (how do you counter argue a place name?) is an invitation to flame. In fact even knowing your qualifications your post is still nothing more than sniping from the hedgerows. At best it is an ignorant, feeble attempt at humor. At worst it is a vile and hurtful attack on my livelihood. In any case it is unhelpful, unnecessary and absolutely unwelcome.

Mike has contributed to this board both information and well thought out opinion. You could do much worse than "lower" yourself to his level. Please don't go giving the fine Airtran Airways pilot group a bad name baiting and then attacking anymore.

PS my profile reflects my qualifications when hired - not current, because I think it might be helpful to those still in the hunt.

ivauir said:
And what you did, both initially and in your most recent post was an intelligent well thought out argument? ....

As was Mike’s original shot at trying to defend being fast (and on profile). “Burbank, anyone” MAY HAVE WELL been a jab (bait) at Mike’s (self-serving) overconfident, “high & fast…no problem later in the descent,” while, “if you haven’t been there then you haven’t been doing this long enough to weigh in & full of crap” (very) modest (NOT) comments, none of which are either “helpful, necessary, or absolutely welcome.” I understand your position defending a bro, & your partisanship (to your employer & coworker) is also well understood. However, this lack of objectivity is what makes your post as immaterial & “ignorant” as Mike’s cheap shot to degrade my post (however unintelligent it may have been) BASED ON MY CREDENTIALS. I never questioned his vast contribution to this board (& if the former Midway, now Airtran, pilots are any indication of the rest of the Midway gang, then I’ll have the utmost respect for him, too), just his recent post. And if you’re so blind / quick on the buttons so as to indiscriminately start defending your bud in a form of more personal attacks, then you’ve done nothing more than “lowered” yourself thereby giving the rest of the fine Southwest pilot group a bad name.

P.S. Your profile is of as much significance to me as is my own when it comes to this board, unlike Mike.

Crosscut..

My post was in responce to what at best is a poorly written article and some of the responces to it..

I thought it was well worded and to the point about some of the comments about the misinformation contained in the article..

For some reason you have taken the tack of posting a two word responce that amounted to nothing more than flame bait..

If your post was nothing more then flame bait followed by an personal attack when i questioned your motives then we have nothing further to discuss..

If you wish to discuss anything about Burbank,SWA or the merits of the press feel free..

So..I will reword my question..

Do you have a point or perhapes a question about either Burbank or the merits of my post?

If not..then move on because I wont play your silly little game..

Mike

Last edited:
Cease Fire!!

Gentlemen,

I never meant my initial post to end up in personal attacks. I was only trying to point out what some dumb reporter wrote in hopes that everyone would find some humor in it.

Lighten up, Francis!!!

MLBWINGBORN said:
Crosscut..

My post was in responce to what at best is a poorly written article and some of the responces to it..

I thought it was well worded and to the point about some of the comments about the misinformation contained in the article..

For some reason you have taken the tack of posting a two word responce that amounted to nothing more than flame bait..

If your post was nothing more then flame bait followed by an personal attack when i questioned your motives then we have nothing further to discuss..

If you wish to discuss anything about Burbank,SWA or the merits of the press feel free..

So..I will reword my question..

Do you have a point or perhapes a question about either Burbank or the merits of my post?

If not..then move on because I wont play your silly little game..

Mike

Oh, you’re making sound too complicated here Mike, “questioned your motives?” by “judging by your profile…perhaps not?” Oh, no – that wasn’t a personal attack at all, p-l-e-a-s-e, allow me “to move on and take my silly little game elsewhere.”

P.S. oh, btw, slow it down on finals, would you?

Latest resources

Back