• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A little fast on final??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the only father-daughter crew..?? What about F. Sorenson and K. Sorenson? I recall them to still be at SWA last I've heard...

Hey Mike, you go!!

Yup, that's what I get for posting first and reading second. I also have a problem with that whole "measure twice, cut once" concept.

Final above 10k?

It's been a while since I flew out of St. Louis but are they flying finals above 10K now or does SWA fly 500mph in the pattern below 10K? Not flaming on SW, just admiring yet another inconsistancy in the press.

Counselair:cool:

Why does everyone assume they were "on final"? All the article says was that she "pulled the nose down and aimed for STL". They could have been anywhere in the descent. 100 miles out. Who knows? I'm pretty sure they weren't "on final".

Unless you are talking TAS, no 737 goes 500 kts (at any altitude). Undoubtedly, just another example of the media screwing up some facts in an aviation related story.

Unless you're below 10,000 feet or on final, there's no such thing as too fast! I doubt they would incriminate themselves about going 500 below 10. I say it's just typical media BS.

Latest resources

Back