Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Ok, I'll ask...

Goose17 said:
What happened in Burbank? Were THEY wearing clothes?

Goose17

Yeah, I think they had their clothes on... The story I heard was that the crew was a little late getting to burbank and decided they could save time by getting some gas at the local Shell before they taxied into the gate. Well they musta forgot to throw it in to 4WD before departing the runway and their nose gear collapsed as they went through the grass, fence, highway etc. But they did make it to the gas station.

At least thats what I heard...

Re: Re: Ok, I'll ask...

Spur said:
they went through the grass

Ever been to Burbank? Find me some grass at the end of THAT runway!

crosscut said:
Burbank, anyone?

I know I can twist some titties on this board sometimes, but as fellow airmen lets not ever go to bringing up any other airlines accidents or incidents. Dude, it's bad karma.

OK OK.... lets get off the "personal" track :D

and get back to the issue... (it's easy to get real emotional here especially when personal items are being attacked , i.e. profiles, etc. , but there's really no need for it... )

I agree with SWA guy... it's the Washington Post, or any media for that matter, who tends to blow everything out of proportion...

canyonblue said:
I know I can twist some titties on this board sometimes, but as fellow airmen lets not ever go to bringing up any other airlines accidents or incidents. Dude, it's bad karma.

Oh, OK, so ... this, "If you havnt been there then you havnt been doing this long enough to weigh in on this issue or you are full of cr@p.." is then a "good" karma? Bringing up someone else's accidents - believe you me, of all fellow airmen I would know that one. Bringing it up was in reference to what was an otherwise full of himself, “be easy to be high and fast on and not be a problem later in the descent..” post followed by, “who are you to question me?” (another “good” karma?) attack on my profile, or lack of, DUDE.

Settle down boys.

Only by the grace of God and superior airmanship does both SWA and AirTran not go off the end of MDW's 31C on a daily basis.

Question.....

Spur..
What really happen in FL when your guys dumped a 727 in the grass short of the runway last year and walked away from it?

I heard that the F/E was servicing the captain, with coffee I hope, which kept him distracted, while at the same time the FO, pilot flying, in a tired delusional state at 5am spotted Elvis streaking thru the woods just below the aircraft and decided to nose it over and take him out once and for all!

Don't shoot the messenger, just what I heard....:) :)

actually...

That is pretty close, but while the FE was servicing the Captain (with coffee), his head hit the yoke, they nosed over, and that is how Elvis was taken out.

It is still hush/hush under investigation.

Goose17
FedEx

Re: Question.....

Spooky Magnum said:
Spur..
What really happen in FL when your guys dumped a 727 in the grass short of the runway last year . . . . <snip>. . .

Geeze Mr. Jeremy,

If you're going to make a smart a$$ remark, at least make sure it's funny. . . .

Latest resources

Back