• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A fellow Fractional Pilot in need...please read

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grump has every right to questoin something like this, and he did it in a respectful manner IMO.

Those of you that attacked him for it are the real idiots, instead of just informing him that it is legit.

This post started out as a donation from a small group of pilots at Flight Options who know my husband. The gift was a surprise and very much appreciated! I had no idea that the original message had gotten so far. Bob and I were touched by the generosity of a few and we are completely astounded by the bigheartedness of so many!!

There is a wish from Bob and me that was not included in this message board. Bob had an anonymous stem cell donor. He has also needed a plethora of blood and platelet transfusions this last year and a half. The benevolence and unselfishness of strangers has given Bob a second chance at a normal life. While we both truly appreciate your monetary help, we ask you to consider donating a gift from the heart to help a stranger in need. Please visit your local blood bank and donate platelets and blood. Becoming a bone marrow donor is extremely easy and, contrary to popular belief, it does not involve any kind of surgical procedure. It is as simple as donating platelets. You can find more information at www.marrow.org. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Many thanks again for your kind words and charitable donations during Bob’s illness. We are truly appreciative of all your support!

Sincerely,
Meghan Traynor-Bisher

First and foremost, $$$ on the way! Good luck Mr. Bisher! You must be a fine fellow indeed for all these folks to speak so highly of you. $$$ will help, but mostly you have my wishes for a speedy recovery!

Secondly, ease off hacking at Ultra Grump. In truth, it was a fair question and asked in a civilized manner. Lots of scams out there. It does make charitable giving a bit more difficult when you're concerned about getting conned, but someone in the know could have just as easily allayed his concerns without jumping all over him.

Finally, sorry Wolf, our great new contract doesn't pay enough to donate that kind of coin:D . Guess we'll just have to threaten to go back on strike again!:laugh:

Ultra Grump said:
Wow, are you ignorant. I read the post. Particularly this: "The transplant took place in SEA and were [sic] they must stay until the doctors determine Bob can go home to FL. As you can imagine living in SEA is expensive. Up until now the insurance company has giving [sic] them an housing allowance for there [sic] apartment. However that benefit has come to an end."

That, to me, equals they are living right now in Seattle. Not Florida. If they need the money in Seattle, why is it going to Florida? Geezus, some of you people really are dense. It'd be really hard to check a PO box in Florida from Seattle.
Maybe not, but you're obviously speaking from experience. :rolleyes: I guess you missed the part of my first post that said it was an honest question. Fools like you declihttp://forums.flightinfo.com/images/editor/smilie.gif http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/editor/smilie.gifned to answer my question in a civilized manner, which makes me that much less-inclined to try to help, if it is indeed legit.

If I had a life-threatening illness I would not be here trying to drum up donations, so you can keep your money when/if that happens. Thanks anyway.
realityman said:
Secondly, ease off hacking at Ultra Grump. In truth, it was a fair question and asked in a civilized manner.
I'd say that's pretty civil. ;) SS

Oh Geez!:rolleyes: Here we go. SeaSpray, if you read Ultra's original question, it WAS asked in a civilized manner. He brought up good points. It never hurts to verify before sending money.

Anyway, I'd prefer to keep this thread on track and hope others will send a little aid to Mr. Bisher and his family. He's a fellow pilot and human being who's hurting and could use a little help. Heck, we all need a little leg up once in a while.

Twisted Mind said:
I went to high school with Bisher and lived near him in FL. I still talk to him occasionally now that he is in SEA. Everything is true. Bob's mother lives in FL and is probably sending the money to Bob. I will talk to him soon about this and have an answer for you. Otherwise Bob is a great guy and would do anything for you if you were in need. I already sent some money. Please help. If you have anymore questions pm me.
That is what I was asking. Thank you.

SeaSpray, NJAFracPilot, wolfpackpilot, and clickclickboom - was that so difficult? :rolleyes:

wolfpackpilot said:
RustyFan, where’s your heart buddy?

Had it removed in '74. Bought a GE brand at Sears when they had em marked down. Dottie got a free washer and dryer set with it!

Go easy on the group huggin crap Junior... or I'll tell Big Dick and the boys your a liberal!

$$ was mailed last week. Best wishes to this family and loved ones. I hope your back in the saddle soon,

Twisted Mind said:
I went to high school with Bisher and lived near him in FL. I still talk to him occasionally now that he is in SEA. Everything is true. Bob's mother lives in FL and is probably sending the money to Bob. I will talk to him soon about this and have an answer for you. Otherwise Bob is a great guy and would do anything for you if you were in need. I already sent some money. Please help. If you have anymore questions pm me.

I know Bob from college. He's a great guy. It's awesome that there are so many people out there willing to help.

Latest resources

Back