A fellow Fractional Pilot in need...please read

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboJetCpt

A fellow FLOPs brother is in need....please read. This was posted on our Netjets union board and I am putting it here as well.

Hello All,

As some of you may know Bob Bisher one of our Beechjet pilots has had a rare blood disease and had to have a Bone Marrow Transplant. I am glad to say he is doing fairly well! However this has been a long process. Bob is on long term disability which does not pay much and his wife Megan Traynor (one of our Hawker pilots) has had to take a great deal of time off to be with him during this ordeal. The transplant took place in SEA and were they must stay until the doctors determine Bob can go home to FL. As you can imagine living in SEA is expensive. Up until now the insurance company has giving them an housing allowance for there apartment. However that benefit has come to an end.

In the past I have made many attempts to get the company to let us donate vacation time to Megan so she can spend needed time with her husband Bob. As of now I still have not gotten an answer from the company and under the current circumstances I do not believe I will get one. So I have come up with plan B. Which I believe will be more helpful at the moment anyway.

Plan B is to collect money. Send checks made out to Megan to help defer the cost of having to live in SEA. If we all sent as little as $25.00 it would sure add up! But please donate what every you are comfortable with.

For those of you that would like to donate money to Megan & Bob to send a check made out to Megan Traynor and mail it to:

Megan Traynor
PO Box 1279
Port Salerno, FL 34992

Please email or call me with any questions or concerns. My home # is xxx-xxx-xxxx , BB# xxx-xxx-xxxxand email [email protected]

Thank you!
Stephanie Burghard

Ps. For those of you that would like to keep up with Bob progress you can go to http://www.caringbridge.org/fl/bob . Here you can read about how Bob is doing and even leave massages of encouragement.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that publishing the author's home number, BB number, and email here is wise.

That said, and I know I'll get trounced for this, but why is the money being sent to a PO Box in Florida, when they're currently living in Seattle? It's an honest question, just seemed odd to me.

Ultra Grump said:
That said, and I know I'll get trounced for this, but why is the money being sent to a PO Box in Florida, when they're currently living in Seattle? It's an honest question, just seemed odd to me.

They live in FL and are out in Seattle area for the treatments. They need the $$$ for rent I believe.

what an idiot

Ultra Grump said:
I'm not sure that publishing the author's home number, BB number, and email here is wise.

It is obvious that this is a legitimate post.. The guy is a flight options employee and while i do not know him personally I will say that there are endless people that think the world of him.. put yourself in his shoes instead of making some stupid remark.

I will send my check and hope that other would do the same for me

Ahhh, don't be so hard on ultra grump. He is just wondering if it is legit.
I don't know if it is or not but my check is in the mail for a fellow brother.

TurboJetCpt said:
A fellow FLOPs brother is in need....please read. This was posted on our Netjets union board and I am putting it here as well.

Hello All,

As some of you may know Bob Bisher one of our Beechjet pilots has had a rare blood disease and had to have a Bone Marrow Transplant. I am glad to say he is doing fairly well! However this has been a long process. Bob is on long term disability which does not pay much and his wife Megan Traynor (one of our Hawker pilots) has had to take a great deal of time off to be with him during this ordeal. The transplant took place in SEA and were they must stay until the doctors determine Bob can go home to FL. As you can imagine living in SEA is expensive. Up until now the insurance company has giving them an housing allowance for there apartment. However that benefit has come to an end.

In the past I have made many attempts to get the company to let us donate vacation time to Megan so she can spend needed time with her husband Bob. As of now I still have not gotten an answer from the company and under the current circumstances I do not believe I will get one. So I have come up with plan B. Which I believe will be more helpful at the moment anyway.

Plan B is to collect money. Send checks made out to Megan to help defer the cost of having to live in SEA. If we all sent as little as $25.00 it would sure add up! But please donate what every you are comfortable with.

For those of you that would like to donate money to Megan & Bob to send a check made out to Megan Traynor and mail it to:

Megan Traynor
PO Box 1279
Port Salerno, FL 34992

Please email or call me with any questions or concerns. My home email [email protected]

Thank you!
Stephanie Burghard

Ps. For those of you that would like to keep up with Bob progress you can go to http://www.caringbridge.org/fl/bob . Here you can read about how Bob is doing and even leave massages of encouragement.

What a great idea. My check is in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
clickclickboom said:
It is obvious that this is a legitimate post.. The guy is a flight options employee and while i do not know him personally I will say that there are endless people that think the world of him.. put yourself in his shoes instead of making some stupid remark.

I will send my check and hope that other would do the same for me
It may be obvious to you if you're a Flight Options employee. I am not. It was not "some stupid remark." It is a legitimate question. If they're currently living in SEA, why is the money going to FL? Since you apparently know the guy, I can see why you're perfectly comfortable sending them money. I don't know him, and don't know you, so I'm a little more leery about sending money because of what looks like so many other phishing and hoax emails that get sent around. "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I went to college with Meghan and ran in to her a few months back in CYYZ. It's legit and sorry to hear things have gotten worse since I spoke to her last...

Latest resources

Back