• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

993_Pilot

MIGS
"We don't need an outside party getting between us"

"The union just wants your dues"

"Just give me one year"

These phrases, and others like them, are all tired phrases that have been used by management since the dawn of unions.

Firing the 3 POC members is another tactic to instill fear, that is almost always used. And that is exactly what it was, a union busting tactic. KR was willing to harm 3 pilots and their families in an effort to prevent a union.

I don't ask you to take my word for it. So to that end, I have a challenge for all the Flexjet pilots who intend to vote "NO" to union representation or are still on the fence. Don't you owe it to yourselves to investigate both sides of the argument? Before you cast your vote just watch these series of videos. They won't take more that 30 minutes of your time all together. Listen for some of the exact same phrases and tactics that DAC/Onesky management have already, and will continue to use. I believe that when you watch them, a lot of things will become clear.

Confessions of a Union Buster - Episode 1
Confessions of a Union Buster - Episode 2
Confessions of a Union Buster - Episode 3
Confessions of a Union Buster - Episode 4

(Episode 3 is especially fitting for RH/WL and explains how he and other managers have been played by senior DAC management. So much so, that I almost feel sorry for him because his only other choice was to be fired. It also makes me think Deanna had some real integrity and probably refused to play along with KR)

And I have a challenge for you 993. Why don't you make a list of all the companies in the WORLD where paid employees of that company can go on a company-provided website and call the owner/management names, that they are stupid and their ideas are stupid, etc etc etc and not expect consequences. I know the answer, probably most of the fence-sitters know the answer.....I wonder if you can figure it out?
WL

Why won't KR let the FO pilots on yammer I wonder? He directly communicated with us about the CA deal so that can't be the reason. Just another lie to you guys since he knows a large majority of them know the truth about his management style and could refute his claims on yammer with proof! Did you know in his letter to us about the CA buyout he basically said (paraphrase)I want this, you want this, it is good for the company, the CA pilots won't be able to sue you (the 1108) because they don't have enough money!

And I have a challenge for you 993. Why don't you make a list of all the companies in the WORLD where paid employees of that company can go on a company-provided website and call the owner/management names, that they are stupid and their ideas are stupid, etc etc etc and not expect consequences. I know the answer, probably most of the fence-sitters know the answer.....I wonder if you can figure it out?
WL

You tell me, because I don't know of a single one, WL. Kenn Ricci won't let the Flight Options pilots on Yammer, and he fires any Flexjet pilot who speaks out against him or is for unionization. Last I knew, he wasn't paying for the VUH or for Flight Info. Has something changed there? By the way, calling him a liar is simply a proven fact, not name calling. There are no hard feelings here, he has his agenda, and he has proven time and again, what he is willing to do to get there. I get it, but it just doesn't work for the majority of the pilots, unless you are a FOK.

Last edited:
WL

Let's call it what it was. Union busting! In his decision, Arbitrator Javits, who is the former chairman of the federal National Mediation Board, stated he believed upon review of the evidence that, "management's actions were designed to send a chilling message to pilots who were strongly supportive of the IBT's organizing drive."

Last edited:
Let's call it what it was. Union busting! In his decision, Arbitrator Javits, who is the former chairman of the federal National Mediation Board, stated he believed upon review of the evidence that, "management's actions were designed to send a chilling message to pilots who were strongly supportive of the IBT's organizing drive."

KR openly admitted to firing the 3 pilots to stop the union in his latest video.

WL

Ever hear of progressive discipline?

If not, don't worry, you won't hear of it if you don't vote in the union.

I'm not a FO or Flex pilot, but I've had a lot of experience with KR. Constant lies. And yes, he is following the tried and true tactics right out of the union buster's handbook.

How long has he already had to prove himself? Whaddya think so far? You really think another year will change things? Actually, it will. If you wait another year it'll be all the harder to organize at that point. KR wins. All of you are screwed.

Good luck to the entire group! You guys deserve better than to live your professional lives subject to the random whims of management. A union doesn't mean you want to put the company out of business with unreasonable demands, it means you want CONSISTENT and ENFORCEABLE work rules. That's not a bad thing guys and gals.

realityman: Thanks for answering my last post…it seems to have gone right over 993’s head OR he couldn’t answer it. Any who, I’ve heard of progressive discipline, it’s been around for decades. I also have stated on this board that Mr. R(or Uncle in IBT-speak) has a brass ear when it comes to IBT organizing tactics and his own actions. I do KNOW that if I were working at an organization that paid me a good salary with many benefits and I CHOSE to go on a company-sponsored board and bad-mouth that organization and the chairman and his management team that I could EXPECT to be fired. In our case, It would have been wiser to have done progressive punishment, but it wasn’t and is one of the main reasons we MIGHT see the IBT on-property. On the other hand, I’ve never seen so many opportunities and improvements and soon-to-be wage increases( if the vote is NO) that I’ve seen here in the last 2 years. My last post proved how much you and your compatriots will lie and distort the truth for your own purposes i.e. to unionize . I picked 4 things off the top of my head that I remembered lemmings said would come true, and not one of them has happened or will happen….no response from anyone….except something really lame like “the union blah blah.” You say all of us are screwed. If what you call getting screwed all of the above benefits, I’ll supply the KY.
Regards,
WL

realityman: Thanks for answering my last post?it seems to have gone right over 993?s head OR he couldn?t answer it. Any who, I?ve heard of progressive discipline, it?s been around for decades. I also have stated on this board that Mr. R(or Uncle in IBT-speak) has a brass ear when it comes to IBT organizing tactics and his own actions. I do KNOW that if I were working at an organization that paid me a good salary with many benefits and I CHOSE to go on a company-sponsored board and bad-mouth that organization and the chairman and his management team that I could EXPECT to be fired. In our case, It would have been wiser to have done progressive punishment, but it wasn?t and is one of the main reasons we MIGHT see the IBT on-property. On the other hand, I?ve never seen so many opportunities and improvements and soon-to-be wage increases( if the vote is NO) that I?ve seen here in the last 2 years. My last post proved how much you and your compatriots will lie and distort the truth for your own purposes i.e. to unionize . I picked 4 things off the top of my head that I remembered lemmings said would come true, and not one of them has happened or will happen?.no response from anyone?.except something really lame like ?the union blah blah.? You say all of us are screwed. If what you call getting screwed all of the above benefits, I?ll supply the KY.
Regards,
WL

Whatever you have to tell yourself to make you feel better in the morning. KR's history speaks for itself. Elimination of the 401k match with multiple broken promises of when it'll be back. Elimination of the STIP (Whatever that was. Doesn't sound like anyone was too happy about that move except maybe KR.). Out of seniority movement of pilots to the bigger planes. His SFO program (which was around way back when I flew for him) which is and always has been a reward program for those with the cushiest knee pads and biggest tube of chapstick. Less desirable schedules. Illegally fired three union organizing pilots (an identical move he had made during the days of the merger with TA when they first started organizing and for which he was also smacked down in the courts (you know, that thing about past behavior predicting future behavior). I believe he did reduce the basing system (but not sure on this one). And the list goes on and on and on. Oh yeah, I absolutely understand why you'd prefer to give him a chance before the union. By the way, what have the last couple years been with him? The test period before the start of the trial period?

There is NOTHING stopping KR from giving all the good stuff right now. In fact, that would be exactly how to keep the union off the property. Know why JetBlue is the only carrier of its size without a unionized pilot force? Because management is keeping things good enough so that most don't feel the need for a union. They aren't making promises about what they'll get if they don't vote in a union. They're giving it to them NOW so there's no need to promise anything.

KR is playing let's make a deal where all the boxes are empty that he wants you to trade the union for. He's counting on a bunch of suckers flying for him. Like I said, I don't have to say anything. His history speaks volumes. Anyone who studies it and still says, "I really think we need to give him a chance. " deserves everything that comes of it.

Getting a contract, especially a good one, is hard work, a big fight, and certainly comes with no guarantees. And a truly good CBA won't be accomplished in the first round. Does that mean you're better off taking everything KR is willing to give (there's only one opening that guy is ever going to give you anything through so you may want to practice bending over)? Apparently you think it is. So vote no for the union. Hey, you get one vote like anyone else (unless you're management. You're not management are you? ).

As for me, been in the union and living with a CBA since I came to work for NJA almost 19 years ago. The difference between here and working for KR was night and day, even with our most recent incredibly hostile EMT. Nothing like consistent work rules, compensation, and benefits to come home to instead of empty promises for doing someone else's bidding.

Unions aren't perfect. And I sure as heck haven't been happy with everything my union had done! But I'll take it 20 times a day, every day, over working for KR without one. Been there, done that. Not impressed.

Latest resources

Back