• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A breach of ethics at PinnaColaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our Merger Committee did not take the stance that Saabs don't exist. They took the stance that Mesaba Saabs were soon to be gone and despite all kinds of denial from the Mesaba merger committee, they were spot on correct. Colgan Saabs have a longer life span planned and that was never disputed.

It has not been the stance from the PCL side. You guys don't just get to make up your own reality and then wonder why people question it.

That would be fine with me ONLY if we got credit for EVERY position vacated by OUR flow ups (know that they will be going), That would have perhaps downgraded me temoprarily as the Saabs go, but allowed me right back into my seat shortly after as the flows left... now I will be pushed out with NO hope of anything better than eventually CDO captain on the 200 in DTW.
You can't have it both ways (unless you sold your soul to work at Colgan a few years ago)

PCL cant bid the turboprop = Colgan can't bid the jet.

Not true. Colgan can bid the jet, so as long as the jet quotas are met by both Pinnacle and Mesaba. We are waiting on a clarification from Bloch on Pinnacle. 9E pilots should be able to bid Saabs as long as the Saab quota is met by Mesaba and Colgan. If Bloch wanted to punish Pinnacle on the Saabs, he would have kept them off the Mesaba Saabs, since they were disappearing. The Colgan Saabs are sticking around, so there's no valid reason to deny 9E pilots positions on the Saab as Captain.

I will tell you who got screwed more-any mesaba pilot hired between 2001-2004. Let me get this through your thick skull-and your precious ego. These pilots in this Mesaba group had ALL colgan Q pilots put senior to them-as Junior as 2007 hires and all Pinnacle captains (pre-merger) some hired in 2006. You lash out at Mesaba pilots and the company for YOUR senior pilots-and your pilot group for being idiots during the SLI. If this would have went straight DOH what you are saying would not be a problem. Oh and if Pinnacle Corp would be smart, since they are short Captains on your side they would not displace (OUR) pilots from their captains positions in JFK. But Pinnacle management has such a messed up business plan and culture that they cannot pull their heads out of their a$$-sort of like you

What are you smoking? Pass that weed down. The best metric to look at who really got hosed is to consider an individual's pre-merger expectations. Your pre-merger expectation as a Mesaba pilot hired in 2001-2004 was to be downgraded back to FO, and 2007-onward FOs be furloughed as all Saabs were parked. That was your reality, pre-merger! Now look at the pre-merger expectation of a Pinnacle pilot. All of the current Captains would still be Captains. A March 2007 Pinnacle hire's expectation was to be a reserve Captain, and soon be a line-holding Captain, no longer on reserve. More upgrades would have pushed him up and gotten better schedules. Instead, post-merger he's now downgraded, displaced, and screwed like every other Pinnacle pilot. Our senior ones took it in the butt too, as your first category pilots made out like emperors.

I say again, your pre-merger expectations for a 2001-04 Mesaba pilot was to be downgraded to FO, take a 45% paycut, and most likely displaced out of a base. With this merger, despite the 2005-2007 Pinnacle and Colgan guys above you, every single Mesaba pilot from 2001-2004 is guranteed a Captain position on an RJ, because of quotas and displacement rights. We at Pinnacle have very junior Captains, as junior as March '07 DOH, and if you as a Mesaba pilot were before that (like you 2001-2004 pilots), your worse case scenario as a Mesaba pilot is to be a RJ Captain in another base. That is quite a step up from being downgraded, 45% paycut, and displaced out of your base.

I stand by my case that the ones screwed more than the 2001-2004 Mesaba hires were the Pinnacle hires from 2006-2007. Our pre-merger expectations are all but gone in thin air, as Mesaba takes over at our expense.

now I will be pushed out with NO hope of anything better than eventually CDO captain on the 200 in DTW.
Your pre-merger expectation would have landed you back into the right seat, with an approximate 45% paycut, and a displacement out of your Captain base. Perhaps you should count your blessings that you have "NO hope for anything better than eventually captain on the 200 in DTW." That is your reality, a reality made possible by the PCL DTW -200 Captains being displaced to JFK, and the JFK -200 Captains being downgraded back to FO. So, that having been said, you have zero grounds for complaining.

listen chief-do your math. Bloch did not, since you are thick headed-I will say it again, Bloch did not take into account that we had 108 flow slots that with normal attrition and the Saabs leaving I and most (if not all) the 2001-2004 mesaba hires would have had a career expectation of JET captain. I have done the math a thousand times. Oh and if Delta would not have taken the flow for a couple years-big deal I take a good schedule as an FO for a year and retake my jet captain position back while I wait for the Majors to hire. Because you are too thick headed to understand.....I and many of this group lost all our career expectations because we got handed a 2:1 or worse seniority-so as never to get our bidding power back-so instead of a temporary set back-its a permanent one. I am not saying you did not get screwed-what I am saying is that because of your attitude and that of many of your fellow 9E pilots who did not want DOH-guess what? Your semi senior captains-Mesaba's top 340 and most Colgan pilots benefited.

If I smoked weed I would be a lot happier right now-I wish I did-I wish it were legal and I would-but I do not. Just for the record. Your self of entitlement is almost as bad as Mesaba's most senior FO's had (some still do) when they were first hired here. I still cannot figure out why a company would displace a 200 Captain when they are short 200 pilots? Maybe its planning on returning more to Delta where they can reassign them to Go Jets or ASA? Yes Mr Flyer-your pilots sure brought a lot to the table on this.....I cannot wait until 2017 when all the 200's can go away

listen chief-do your math. Bloch did not, since you are thick headed-I will say it again, Bloch did not take into account that we had 108 flow slots that with normal attrition and the Saabs leaving I and most (if not all) the 2001-2004 mesaba hires would have had a career expectation of JET captain. I have done the math a thousand times. Oh and if Delta would not have taken the flow for a couple years-big deal I take a good schedule as an FO for a year and retake my jet captain position back while I wait for the Majors to hire. Because you are too thick headed to understand.....I and many of this group lost all our career expectations because we got handed a 2:1 or worse seniority-so as never to get our bidding power back-so instead of a temporary set back-its a permanent one. I am not saying you did not get screwed-what I am saying is that because of your attitude and that of many of your fellow 9E pilots who did not want DOH-guess what? Your semi senior captains-Mesaba's top 340 and most Colgan pilots benefited.

If I smoked weed I would be a lot happier right now-I wish I did-I wish it were legal and I would-but I do not. Just for the record. Your self of entitlement is almost as bad as Mesaba's most senior FO's had (some still do) when they were first hired here. I still cannot figure out why a company would displace a 200 Captain when they are short 200 pilots? Maybe its planning on returning more to Delta where they can reassign them to Go Jets or ASA? Yes Mr Flyer-your pilots sure brought a lot to the table on this.....I cannot wait until 2017 when all the 200's can go away

Incorrect on Bloch not taking into account the Mesaba flowthroughs. He clearly mentions it in his award and talks about how it will result in movement, when he discusses the top positions on the ISL. Delta accelerated the rate of the Saabs being parked. And I think you are giving too much credit too the flowthroughs. They are not youngsters by any means. A majority are 40-45+ and will have to do serious math to see if if it's worth leaving or staying here in the long run. Nothing changes the fact that Delta accelerated the Saabs being parked and now the Mesaba pilots are being displaced. Your career expectation in the long run may have been jet Captain, but as a 2001-2004 hire, you were most likely looking at being downgraded to FO . And my sense of entitlement? Is wanting our guys to NOT get downgraded really a sense of entitlement? Is wanting our guys to get Captain positions on the Saab when Colgan pilots in the 2300 getting them, a sense of entitlement? As of this moment, we are being screwed out of our seats due to Mesaba's displacements, and then hosed by not getting into the Saabs.

I say again, your bidding power automatically guarantees you a jet Captain position, since you are above the most junior Pinnacle jet Captains. All it takes is one guy junior to you for you to bid RJ Captain in a base, and you get it when you are displaced. And we'll worry about 2017 when 2017 gets here. As of this moment, we brought 125 CRJ-200s and 16 CRJ-900s to this merger. You brought 41 CRJ-900, 19 CRJ-200, and negative several dozen Saab 340s, the effects of which are being felt now. Our pilots are being displaced and downgraded to accomodate your Mesaba displacing pilots. And so far, our pilots are being denied Saab Captain positons while Colgan pilots far junior are getting them. Sorry, but you will get zero sympathy for your 2001-2004 seniority "loss."

Date of hire would fix all of this.

This kumbaya ******************** to make everyone happy doesn't.

Morans!

Your pre-merger expectation would have landed you back into the right seat, with an approximate 45% paycut, and a displacement out of your Captain base. Perhaps you should count your blessings that you have "NO hope for anything better than eventually captain on the 200 in DTW." That is your reality, a reality made possible by the PCL DTW -200 Captains being displaced to JFK, and the JFK -200 Captains being downgraded back to FO. So, that having been said, you have zero grounds for complaining.

Not quite... I would have been temporarily downgraded but certainly NOT pushed out of base, in fact I would have remained very senior as FO on the 900 IN my base, and once the flows went I would have returned to my position and likely moved up slightly... Now thanks to the Colgan windfall, I'm looking at a displacement out of base to hold captain temporarily til that base closes then back to FO I go with HUNDREDS of others now ahead of me for (re) upgrade.

Look dicknob, you aren't the only one getting the "jobbing" without the G.D. courtesy of a reach around here. Yes our "lifers" came out like roses, Damn near every Colgan pilot won as well, that left the rest of us to send out a shotgun of resumes.... Not the first time I have had to do so, probably won't be the last. If you want some help putting yours together, and can do so in civility while buying the first round, I'll be happy to help. I'll buy the rest in fact (til I lose my pay).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back