• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E/XJ/9L contract is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This might be THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! example of SJS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize that once you flew a jet your hotels improved?

They don't, HLN is a perfect example of that. Besides MSL used to be the nicest hotel we stayed at in the entire company. (Saab only city)

Don't let the name scare you for crying out load. It may be a lot cleaner and closer than the old hotel. Super 8's are not bad.

Is the room clean? safe? Anything else is superfluous...Sure, it is nice to stay at a "nice" hotel and more often we do even flying the SAAB. However, I think that the hotel issue is something that should be way down the list of priorities. Some people, and I have to say in most cases, flight attendants are the biggest sources of complaints regarding hotels.
Perhaps it is because I spent a good portion of my young adult life aboard Frigates, Destroyers and Aircraft Carriers that my tolerance of more Spartan hotels is higher than the average pilot.

Is the room clean? safe? Anything else is superfluous...Sure, it is nice to stay at a "nice" hotel and more often we do even flying the SAAB. However, I think that the hotel issue is something that should be way down the list of priorities. Some people, and I have to say in most cases, flight attendants are the biggest sources of complaints regarding hotels.
Perhaps it is because I spent a good portion of my young adult life aboard Frigates, Destroyers and Aircraft Carriers that my tolerance of more Spartan hotels is higher than the average pilot.

This isn't the military and we are not in "service" of our corporation. We are employed as "professionals"... Supposedly.

We spend massive amounts of our lives in company hotels, and it is reasonable to expect a high quality hotel with food and things to do near by. Doesn't have to be the Grand Hyatt Regency, but Comfort Inn is not acceptable.

People who make any comparison of airline pay, working conditions and benefits to military service are way out of line.

Fort Dodge is a Saab city. When all the Saabs are parked and a 200 starts service, the hotel will change. They don't give a crap about the turboprop drivers. I agree though...the Super 8 is just wrong. What's next? Motel 6 or the Red Roof Inn.....:angryfire

I flew with a FO the other day that said he saw a mesaba tool with a sticker that said "Should merge records" jajajjajajaj your one step closer from being found seven dust! WHERES THE STAPLE GUN!

The problem with this TA is QOL. We don’t have stability with this new contract because of the displacement and commuting language. It will be very easy for the company to issue a displacement rather than a vacancy. It will cost the company very little to force you to move to a new base without any bumping rights. To make it worse it may not even be commutable. They will now be able to fine-tune base realignments without the cost that they have incurred in the past. We were thrown under the bus in regards to these two sections! This will trash the quality of life for anyone that gets displaced. At least on the current contract it cost them to do this to us and we had some bump options. On the new contract we relocate to the base of their choice for super cheap.

The other things that are worse than what we have now is vacation, insurance, check in time and depending on what side of the fence you’re on dual qualification. Some will find days off to be worse in TA2. Those that used to get 10 off will get 11 but to make up for it, those that used to hold 12 to 13 off may also get 11 off. Also, a rumor is out that 475 pilots who are in the middle of the 9e seniority list can expect a lower signing bonus than on TA1.

All of these issues (except displacement and commuting) can be managed and maybe even offset with the little pay raise that is expected. What can’t be offset is the threat of being displaced at the drop of a hat and unable to commute back to my family and home. This one issue is enough for me to prefer the contract I work under now over TA2.

It’s not industry leading! At best it's industry average and even that's stretching it!

[FONT=&quot]Also, we can’t have “one contract, one voice, one whatever” with two pay rates. How can Colgan make less and be together equally on this? I don’t even work at Colgan but it’s certainly not industry leading for them to make less than others flying the same equipment.[/FONT]

I flew with a FO the other day that said he saw a mesaba tool with a sticker that said "Should merge records" jajajjajajaj your one step closer from being found seven dust! WHERES THE STAPLE GUN!
What does JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ even mean? It's becoming harder and harder to understand your posts and rants. Are you sure your license has an english proficient endorsement? God help the poor souls who have to share a cockpit with you.

This is me reading your useless, moronic, worthless, incoherent crappy posts;

:uzi::eek::smash:

The problem with this TA is QOL. We don’t have stability with this new contract because of the displacement and commuting language. It will be very easy for the company to issue a displacement rather than a vacancy. It will cost the company very little to force you to move to a new base without any bumping rights. To make it worse it may not even be commutable. They will now be able to fine-tune base realignments without the cost that they have incurred in the past. We were thrown under the bus in regards to these two sections! This will trash the quality of life for anyone that gets displaced. At least on the current contract it cost them to do this to us and we had some bump options. On the new contract we relocate to the base of their choice for super cheap.

The other things that are worse than what we have now is vacation, insurance, check in time and depending on what side of the fence you’re on dual qualification. Some will find days off to be worse in TA2. Those that used to get 10 off will get 11 but to make up for it, those that used to hold 12 to 13 off may also get 11 off. Also, a rumor is out that 475 pilots who are in the middle of the 9e seniority list can expect a lower signing bonus than on TA1.

All of these issues (except displacement and commuting) can be managed and maybe even offset with the little pay raise that is expected. What can’t be offset is the threat of being displaced at the drop of a hat and unable to commute back to my family and home. This one issue is enough for me to prefer the contract I work under now over TA2.

It’s not industry leading! At best it's industry average and even that's stretching it!

[FONT=&quot]Also, we can’t have “one contract, one voice, one whatever” with two pay rates. How can Colgan make less and be together equally on this? I don’t even work at Colgan but it’s certainly not industry leading for them to make less than others flying the same equipment.[/FONT]
You have bumping rights. Section 24.A.24. You can bump to seat, any fleet your seniority can hold.

What does JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ even mean? It's becoming harder and harder to understand your posts and rants. Are you sure your license has an english proficient endorsement? God help the poor souls who have to share a cockpit with you.

This is me reading your useless, moronic, worthless, incoherent crappy posts;

:uzi::eek::smash:

snip snap ....snap snap...yeaah thats better! TOOOOOL when I find you im going to put my gum on the sticker and smile at ya

A question about Section 25 trip displacement....If a pilot chooses option 2,
LCA can the pilot be assigned additional flying once he's started the LCA that would take him beyond the original footprint trip and not get extension pay per 6f.

Latest resources

Back