• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E/XJ/9L contract is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Except that in most ways XJT's current concessionary contract is better than the ASA contract! So what does that say about the TA? Sorry, couldn't help it.

Considering that its doubtful that neither one of you has read the PNCL JCBA I'm not sure how you feel qualified to weigh and compare its content.

It isn't until the last couple years that PNCL catches ASA in rates, which ASA's will soon change, and the rest of the contract still doesn't measure up. So in a sense, Pinnacle didn't even match the bar set over 3 years ago by ASA. Enjoy living with it for 5-8 years!

What are you talking about? The new JCBA captain rates are higher at DOS than all of ASA's 50-seat rates (in some cases almost 10%) and the 76-seat rates are better from years 1-15 with just a slight disadvantage in years 16-20. ASA FO rates are pretty strong but first year pay is abysmal. When you look at the total pay scales over years 1-3 its just about a wash. The JCBA also will get just as much of raise on 12/1/11 as ASA got during the whole term of their last contract. ASA and ExpressJet will need to do very well in their negotiations to keep pace with the new Pinnacle.

okay as an XJ guy I am voting yes. What good will it do anyone in xj/9E/Colgan to vote it down. Its a good TA with pleanty of great points and its share of points I am not thrilled with but over all, good. As for ASA and their contract. Guess what? I hope the best for them and I hope they can make better on their contract on every one of the gains I feel we have in our TA. Making life at the regionals a lot better place to be. Stop your 3rd grade arguments on who has a bigger .........

okay as an XJ guy I am voting yes. What good will it do anyone in xj/9E/Colgan to vote it down. Its a good TA with plenty of great points and its share of points I am not thrilled with but over all, good. As for ASA and their contract. Guess what? I hope the best for them and I hope they can make better on their contract on every one of the gains I feel we have in our TA. Making life at the regionals a lot better place to be. Stop your 3rd grade arguments on who has a bigger .........

I also will vote yes.
I went to the roadshow yesterday and I looked for the points you were unhappy about. Either I am not getting it or it really isn't as bad as you think but I accept your take on RR changes.

Considering the challenges the Negotiating Committee's had with 3 diverse groups with widely differing needs/pay/rules to come this far is a real triumph.

Granted not all areas had gains. Some areas are not forging new ground.
Pay isn't leaping to new levels, but for 3/4 it's a big change, and for the worse abused group the whole agreement is more than they could have gotten on there own.

Can I ask why, and also how do you feel this would benifit anybody if this TA were to get voted down?

Ok, I'll bite. First, I completely understand the difficulties the committee faced when creating this. They're efforts are far from unappreciated.

A contract is just as much a personal decision as it is a group, we all need to decide if the conditions are what we believe to be the best possible.

It appears that speed was more of the priority than much else. Here are the things that simply don't address the issues I think are important:

-The sick policy is, as it always has been, awful. It was not addressed.

-There is not enough protection from extensions/JM. For us at XJ it was not an issue, but 9E has long survived on those practices. A mistake in my eyes.

-The commuter call in honest policy is actually getting worse at a time when commuting is more difficult than ever. That is just idiotic. I'm not a commuter, but who knows what the future brings.

That's just me.

Ok, I'll bite. First, I completely understand the difficulties the committee faced when creating this. They're efforts are far from unappreciated.

A contract is just as much a personal decision as it is a group, we all need to decide if the conditions are what we believe to be the best possible.

It appears that speed was more of the priority than much else. Here are the things that simply don't address the issues I think are important:

-The sick policy is, as it always has been, awful. It was not addressed.

-There is not enough protection from extensions/JM. For us at XJ it was not an issue, but 9E has long survived on those practices. A mistake in my eyes.

-The commuter call in honest policy is actually getting worse at a time when commuting is more difficult than ever. That is just idiotic. I'm not a commuter, but who knows what the future brings.

That's just me.

OK, what part of the sick policy? Getting a doctors note at the companies discretion? Or sick time accrual of 2.5 hours a month. Careful about the accrual part because their is a reason for this low amount and it leads to one of the best short term disabilities in the industry...including the majors.

Protection of JM and extensions is your choice. For me I will be gladly be JM on a day off for double pay and a comp day off. I personally have no issue with it. I feel it penalizes the company enough and gives them the flexability to use it.

Commuter policy improved from what we have right now. I am a commuter and I use it. Primary and biggest improvement is the fact that we can use any 121 carrier for our commute in.

Question for Mesaba reserve pilots ---

If you are given a flight assignment on day one of a reserve sequence that returns you to domicile on the morning of day two, what happens the rest of day two? Are you released from all reserve responsiblilty or do you resume the remainder of your original reserve period, if legal for it?

Question for Mesaba reserve pilots ---

If you are given a flight assignment on day one of a reserve sequence that returns you to domicile on the morning of day two, what happens the rest of day two? Are you released from all reserve responsiblilty or do you resume the remainder of your original reserve period, if legal for it?

Yes.
I didn't know it but we are supposed to call scheduling before we leave the airport (7 years I haven't done it). Go home and finish reserve stretch unless there has been a change (ie change in periods). You still have 90 minutes call out. If you had a 4 day reserve stretch and you were given a 4 day trip that ended 5 hours before the end of the stretch you are still on reserve until the end.

Latest resources

Back