• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E/XJ/9L contract is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hotel language was a big deal for many of us. Don't be so dismissive of others valid priorities. You might be concerned to if you stay in some of the dumps we have had to stay.
I was not trying to be dismissive of any 9E/9L/XJ priorities, I was just dismissing the ASA types that are saying this is a bad deal, or injecting that their contract is better in any way. I'm sure some sections might be, but others definately are not.

Oh, and I've had my share of the "Arcadian", "Red Fox", "Levering", types of hotels over the years. Heck, I've even survived overnights in Benton Harbor. Hotels are important, but I wouldn't give up too much contractually for them. We can fight those battles individually, outside of negotiations.

Many areas are better but it’s NOT “industry leading” like the union wants us to believe.

For 9e the vacation is worse. The commuter policy was very bad and it didn’t get any better. If you’re bought for OE welcome to reserve and for commuters that means hotel rooms not being covered. Check-in is one hour prior whereas it was 45 min before. Insurance is worse for 9e. Now a $900 family deductible and the family premium doubled up to $300. The displacement language is worse and the company is currently displacing 150 pilots out of their bases.

I’m still reading into this but from the looks of it I will be voting no again. QOL is worse and I don’t want to be displaced with out the ability to commute.

Latest resources

Back