• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

787s for Delta? Huh? Rumor alert....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not you also. You've always been reasonable.

Ask, what could provide the best possible outcome to you and your co-workers? The obvious answer is accepting the relative seniority offer would have been the best for everyone financially.

That offer is no longer on the table (the Delta pilots took less). The Northwest pilots are going to have to take less also, but, the sooner the better.

He's still reasonable. I think his concern is due to a lack of information available to us.

Ask, what could provide the best possible outcome to you and your co-workers? The obvious answer is accepting the relative seniority offer would have been the best for everyone financially.
Got anything in writing that you could post about your relative seniority "offer"? Neither do I. All I have is what I have heard from our guys: we agreed to a 7:5 ratio (7 DAL to 5 NWA = 1.4) and then DALPA changed it to 8:5, which = 1.6.

Hard to know who to believe with nothing official to read.

Not you also. You've always been reasonable.

I think I am still reasonable. In reality, I am at the bottom of the NWA list so if we merged like a deck of cards or if our entire airline was stapled, I'd still be at the bottom. What I am worried about is my airline being bled dry while the two companies are operated separately with one owner. Also, the new Delta could start parking a whole lot more DC9s than what would have been done as a stand alone. There by ridding the new Delta of one pilot group and not the other.

I'm trying to look at this from MGMTs view and this separation of the pilot groups is a dream come true.

As it stands right now, NWA has it's keister in the wind and we need to get on board with you before we really get screwed. I want the NWA MEC to close the deal today.

Last edited:
Best way is to let your LEC rep knows! Call them on a Sunday afternoon. It's your union too, even though you may not be able to vote on any TA until you're off probation.

I think I am still reasonable. In reality, I am at the bottom of the NWA list so if we merged like a deck of cards or if our entire airline was stapled, I'd still be at the bottom. What I am worried about is my airline being bled dry while the two companies are operated separately with one owner. Also, the new Delta could start parking a whole lot more DC9s than what would have been done as a stand alone. There by ridding the new Delta of one pilot group and not the other.

I'm trying to look at this from MGMTs view and this separation of the pilot groups is a dream come true.

As it stands right now, NWA has it's keister in the wind and we need to get on board with you before we really get screwed. I want the NWA MEC to close the deal today.

So you want to be furloughed? Because if we took DAL's last offer, 500 plus, for years.. Now, remember , we will be downed to 58 DC-9's by the end of 08. The MSP-ORD-DTW route alone needs approx 10 planes by itself, so I don't think you will see the rest parked anytime soon. Anderson was involved in the Re-configuration of the DC-9, so he knows that even with high gas, it's a good 100-125 seat plane. Let's hope the DAL boys and the senior NWA pilots don't give any more scope.

If this is the guy that I think it is - I think we are "familiar" with the same bartender......lol.

Bring sunscreen to Indoc brutha..........be safe.

If I run into another bartender like that over there...it's going to take a lot more than just sunscreen for protection!

So you want to be furloughed? Because if we took DAL's last offer, 500 plus, for years.

Nice hyperbole, but do you think the bottom 500 at NWA is safer with a huge percentage of their fleet in DC-9's at 120/bbl oil with no realistic replacement on the way for a while? Is it fair to create an SLI in a manner which furloughs 500 Delta pilots exclusively because of the parking of DC-9's? The best thing would be to get a deal done now, with as good of a no furlough clause that can be negotiated, including extremely low mandatory bid divisiors (60 hours, etc) before any pilot was furloughed, coupled with complete 70 seat scope reversal prior to any furloughs.

Then and only then would the company be allowed to reduce headcount, especially since the merger is a win-win-win, like they are telling the whole world it is. Fine, put it in writing, and now is the time to get them to. Either that or get them to admit they won't, which will shatter their optimistic political banter. The pilots at both airlines have a small window of leverage right now if they can work together. Pissing in eachother's faces over phantom orders and some lame brained definition of "premium widebody flying," etc, will just end up hurting both groups.

Nice hyperbole, but do you think the bottom 500 at NWA is safer with a huge percentage of their fleet in DC-9's at 120/bbl oil with no realistic replacement on the way for a while? Is it fair to create an SLI in a manner which furloughs 500 Delta pilots exclusively because of the parking of DC-9's? The best thing would be to get a deal done now, with as good of a no furlough clause that can be negotiated, including extremely low mandatory bid divisiors (60 hours, etc) before any pilot was furloughed, coupled with complete 70 seat scope reversal prior to any furloughs.

Then and only then would the company be allowed to reduce headcount, especially since the merger is a win-win-win, like they are telling the whole world it is. Fine, put it in writing, and now is the time to get them to. Either that or get them to admit they won't, which will shatter their optimistic political banter. The pilots at both airlines have a small window of leverage right now if they can work together. Pissing in eachother's faces over phantom orders and some lame brained definition of "premium widebody flying," etc, will just end up hurting both groups.

GUARANTEED, that if there are furloughs due to the merger, DC-9's or not, they will be from the combined airline list, arbitrator or not. NWA had no plans to furlough Pre-merger, so how can it be fair if DAL decides to park planes? Any arbitrator will see that, sooner than DALPA thinks from what I am hearing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back