• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 Splits in Two on T/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We can refer to these assumptions and speculations as a process of thought that leads them to their final report. This also helps us rule out what is not fact. If you think that the NTSB doesn't sit around a table for months after an accident or incident and speculate or make assumptions based upon fact, then you are down right crazy.

Hardly.

Speculation is not a part of any professional endevor; guesswork has no place in aviation.

To postulate and guess, with no facts in evidence, accomplishes nothing but fire pointless rumors...which on various boards thus far have ranged from UFO's to terrorism, to pilot error, to poor maintenance...all utter crap. Lots of talking heads spouting off their ignorance without any basis upon which to speak. But nothing of substance.

When an investigative team retires from the field to address the evidence they have gathered, the investigating members collaborate with industry experts and others to consider all the available data. Not simply guess based on no fact at all.

No, the NTSB, et al, certainly does not sit around a table for months and speculate (guess). Investigators spend months analyzing data, CVR recordings, measurements, material, evidence, eyewitness reports, crew and passenger testimony, and all other available relevant reports and information in order to make a factual determination regarding the events contributing to the mishap.

That has no bearing to a group of uninformed pilots (et al) blindly guessing as to what might have happend, without the slitest clue as to what actually took place.

I've been through the entire investigative process, starting with being first on scene to live testimony, to tearing apart the equipment to analyze the failure, to developing conclusions regarding each of the contributing factors. Not merely a classroom exercise, but the real thing. You've done this, I take it?

... Speculation is not a part of any professional endevor; guesswork has no place in aviation...
Avbug - if I'm not mistaken you work for the dark side, correct? I agree with you that we should leave the speculation to the NTSB professionals (or the equivalent in Belgium) but you also need to realize that this is an open message board - which feeds and thrives on rumors, speculation, guesstimates, etc...

Give us a break Countbutt...

Go back to your conspiricy books and leave the professionals alone, or I'll get Ozzy to finish off the lobotomy and bite your head off!

The dust hasn't settled yet and the online aviation wizzards have come out from under their rocks to dazzle themselves in the radiant glow of their own enormous wild arse speculation and fingerpointing...what a crock of fecal matter!
That's funny! ;)

PS. Belch, are the guys out of the hospital yet?

Captain America screwed up.

Well then, let's just tell the NTSB that they can pack up and go home. You seem to have it all figured out already.

Seriously, you may not like the guy, but do you really need to gloat about what could be his darkest hour? (and I hope will not???)

I suppose your feces will always be odorless.

Punk.

Last edited:
That's funny! ;)

PS. Belch, are the guys out of the hospital yet?

I believe that they are out but I can't confirm it. I really don't know much-if anything-more than what has been on the web or the news...and as this thread so accurately points out those sources may be less than reliable and speculation at best!

At that operator, and in that airplane, one does not abort, one rejects the takeoff, and a first officer does not reject the takeoff. The Captain does that.

At that operator, and in that airplane, one does not abort, one rejects the takeoff, and a first officer does not reject the takeoff. The Captain does that.

What he said.

Honest question here, what is the difference between a rejected takeoff and a aborted takeoff?

Latest resources

Back