• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 Crash Near Athens

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the NG you can fly all the way to 410 with one pack and it will hold the cabin just fine. You can turn both packs off on a new airplane at 410 and it will hold the cabin. The FL250 is just a dispatch requirement.

TurboS7 said:
With the NG you can fly all the way to 410 with one pack and it will hold the cabin just fine. You can turn both packs off on a new airplane at 410 and it will hold the cabin. The FL250 is just a dispatch requirement.

Was it an NG aircraft? Not trying to be a smartass because I have no idea.

Donsa320 said:
Perhaps the passengers could not get into the cockpit for the same reason the Captain could not if the F/O was incapacitated....the fortified cockpit door that cannot be unlocked from the cabin. Keeps hijackers out OK though! ARG!

~DC

That's a scary thought! I'd like to think of a reason it couldnt happen. But I can't.

Dangerkitty said:
Was it an NG aircraft? Not trying to be a smartass because I have no idea.

737 Next Generation. Latest version of the 737 line. However, the -300 is what was used in this accident.

Dangerkitty said:
How do you know it was between 1G but less than 2G's?

Because I know what a 2 G manuever feels like.

Dangerkitty said:
We are always at 1G unless we are weightless, pushing negative G's, or actually pulling more G's such as doing steep turns or aerobatics.

You're beating a dead horse, I got that part the first six times.

Dangerkitty said:
You didn't get a rise out of me. Quite the opposite. Posting the crap that you just posted just makes you out to look like a 40 hour student pilot tool. Oh wait, you are a 40 hour student pilot tool.

Granted, but yes I did get a rise out of you.

Dangerkitty said:
Enjoy the laugh. (It doesn't make you pull more G's though)

It does when I fall off my chair and decelerate as I hit the floor, genius.

Get off me about the 1+G stuff, technically there's nothing incorrect about it. Call me on some of the other stuff I've posted, sure, but this one is getting old.

Donsa320 said:
Perhaps the passengers could not get into the cockpit for the same reason the Captain could not if the F/O was incapacitated....the fortified cockpit door that cannot be unlocked from the cabin. Keeps hijackers out OK though! ARG!

~DC
I get what you're saying...it was a thought I had today as well...thanks to secure doors, no one...not even a 737 qualified pilot jumpseating in the back, could save the plane. Good observation.

9GClub said:
Because I know what a 2 G manuever feels like.

You're beating a dead horse, I got that part the first six times.

Granted, but yes I did get a rise out of you.

It does when I fall off my chair and decelerate as I hit the floor, genius.

Get off me about the 1+G stuff, technically there's nothing incorrect about it. Call me on some of the other stuff I've posted, sure, but this one is getting old.
I hate to see a male get his ass kicked by a chick, especially since I spent the last three hours of this evening getting plates and silverware thrown at me because I grilled the chicken wrong tonight, but I think DK is going to make a hat out of your colon...

Except it was noted in one of the articles that the F-16 pilots noted pax in the cockpit, so the doors couldn't have been locked if that is true.

Last edited:
redd said:
Except it was noted in one of the articles that the F-16 pilots noted pax in the cockpit, so the doors couldn't have been locked if that is true.
that's good information. Can you cite this redd? Not digging on you, but if have a news article from the web that you could scroll and paste, it would be great.

That's interesting stuff redd...when I heard the F-15 pilots only saw one pilot in the cockpit tonight, that's when my "this is wierd" flag went up.

Latest resources

Back