• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50k entry level pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
- The two high schools I went to allowed a grace period for one to get there masters. Elementary schools are another story.

Private school perhaps? If not, I'd be very curious as to the specific school district. My wife quit teaching after obtaining a Masters of Education. She works for the State of Georgia at the moment ensuring compliance with "No Child Left Behind (ugh)". She also sits on the NEA's National Board Certification Committee (and with all that still only clears just over 50k a year, by the way). To her knowledge, there is no public school district in the country that requires a Master's Degree of their teachers. Pretty much all districts require a Master's or higher for their administrators and vice-principals, and a Doctorate for their principals, but a Bachelor's Degree is the standard for teachers. As of late, it doesn't even have to be a Bachelors of Education. So, I'm curious.... where exactly did you go to school?

By the way, if your various high schools required a Master's Degree in order for someone to teach there, how catastrophic of a lost cause are you that you still do not know the difference between "their" and "there"? Again, just curious....

Last edited:
As usual with the darwinists, you haven't answered the man's question. Where did matter come from? If not from God, then how did basic matter itself come into existence to eventually "evolve?"

You are a real peice of work. So NOW these so called Darwinists of yours have a fundamental belief on the origin of matter?

So let me get this straight. Someone can believe god to be the originator of all matter in the universe but an evaluation of the evolution of that matter is nonsense?!

These holier than thou idiots love to pontificate on how grand they are. Everytime you stump a Jesus Freak, they use the same old lame non-sensical irrational reasoning "Because god said/made/wants/etc. it". I hate flying with these types of people because you never know when they are going to quit flying and "leave it in god's hands". To heeell with that. Why do you persecute us for our beliefs but think it is unacceptable for us to question yours? Learn to think for yourselves for once in your life. Your parents have brainwashed you! You are no different than Muslim extremists who have been raised to kill infidels. And if you don't believe me, I'll declare a jihad on you!

P.S. Gary....? Gary................?

BS Flag

I have to wave the BS flag. If these are entry level jobs, they represent the extreme upper limit. Michigna is one of the top pay states for teachers in the country. In Oakland county, the wealthiest county in Michigan, starting HS teacher 33K, a little less than the starting pay for a USA Jet DA-20 F/O at age 20 with no college dept.

Last edited:
As usual with the darwinists, you haven't answered the man's question. Where did matter come from? If not from God, then how did basic matter itself come into existence to eventually "evolve?"

Just ask Terry-he knows all.................

Hey PCL,

Do you proselytize over the PA too?

http://atheism.about.com/b/2004/02/18/proselytizing-pilot-speaks.htm

Proselytizing Pilot Speaks

Not long ago I wrote about the American Airlines pilot who announced shortly before his flight took off that non-Christians were "crazy" and suggested that Christian passenger start witnessing to the non-Christians on board. Well, he's spoken out about his actions and reasons...

The Advocate reports on their exclusive interview with American Airlines captain Roger Findiesen:
"I just wanted to give Christians a chance to talk about why they're Christians," he said, standing in the forward galley at the end of the flight as the final passengers departed. "I obviously couldn't go back there and address everyone directly, so I used the P.A. ... I felt that God was telling me to say something." He went on to explain that he felt God wanted him to witness to the passengers on his first flight upon returning to work for American Airlines after his mission. Despite this feeling, he said, he had decided not to say anything--but then he got another sign from God...
Asked by Advocate.com whether he felt he should also have apologized to his passengers, Findiesen paused. "I felt bad for the flight attendants," he said. As for the passengers, he said that he felt making himself available to talk to them as they deplaned was sufficient. ... While Findiesen repeated to Steele that he was sorry his fellow crew members had taken heat for his comments, he expressed no regret for having made them and no regret for not having apologized to the American Airlines customers he was serving on the flight.
Findiesen's "sign" was a brake problem that disappeared, allowing the plane to be cleared for take-off. That's a sign? Religious people who are anxious to get a "sign" from their god so that they can do what they already want to do will find exactly the "sign" they want... in just about anything. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think that your god wants exactly what you already happen to want - especially when you long ago created your god in your own image anyway.

Yes, I apologize for the unfortunate typo written at 2 am after a 12 hr day that ended at 1...

No, not private schools, and yes I overstated: 40k was to start at my last school. But starting pay varied based on experience and could be higher than that.

Evolution is not supposed to explain the creation of the universe... It is just one of many processes that affect the natural world. Try not to oversimplify things. Everything doesn't fit into a nice little package that can be understood by novices like ourselves. Obviously science hasn't answered all the questions of the universe; although the universal "theory" is a popular endeavor these days. Theology also has it's many flaws. What can you show me as religious person that would lead me take your argument more seriously than say, a scientologist, or UFO nut? Both have endless numbers of books expounding on their subjects with only hearsay and conjecture as evidence.

Try to be civil people... this the internet ;-P

Last edited:
Before the advent of science, what could not be readily understood or explained was primarily attributed to a higher being or god. What humans did not understand, they sought and found meaning through the concept of religion and a god.

Along came science debunking much of what religion put forth, through empirical evidence.

Religion basically provides a guideline for those who wish to live their lives within a span of subscribed values and virtues. Each religion sets forth ways to live your life in a particular way so as to make it to heaven or the equivalent.

Religion, penal law and morality all essentially provide similar deterents to a potentially destructive lifestyle.

Humans by nature are animals and have many selfish animal instincts. These psychologically animal-like instincts do not translate well to a human society.

Laws, religion and morality force us to reject or contain our feelings and temptations. Whether it be to murder, harm, steal, covet, etc. - society needed to come up with plausible lines of defense against destructive human desires.

If one "puts the fear of god" in a child, this child will believe that nothing he does goes unnoticed. Hopefully, it will help refrain this child from doing something harmful to himself or others. This works well when they believe that they will be destined for a place called hell in lieu of a paradise. And this will be for ever and ever. So make your time on earth productive and morally right, otherwise you will have a terrible afterlife. Every religion preaches this or something similar.

Laws can be circumvented, morals can be faked, but if their is a god who sees all and keeps a ledger of who did what, it tells us that we must live a life of piety if god will judge us one day.

Are you referring to "intelligent design?" If you are than you might find more agreement with your peers than if use a blanket statement such as "evolution never happend."

Evolution is a fact. God gave us brains to figure stuff out. It is ok to use them.

Are you creationist? Do you believe that the world was created in 7 days? Was Noah really 600 years old when God flooded the earth?

Or is it possible that the Old Testament creation stories are allegories for the more important underlying message... The orgins of our monotheistic beliefs.

Just curious where you come down on this, sorry for the thread hijack but I can't resist a good religeous debate.

Latest resources

Back