• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50k entry level pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before the advent of science, what could not be readily understood or explained was primarily attributed to a higher being or god. What humans did not understand, they sought and found meaning through the concept of religion and a god.

Along came science debunking much of what religion put forth, through empirical evidence.

Religion basically provides a guideline for those who wish to live their lives within a span of subscribed values and virtues. Each religion sets forth ways to live your life in a particular way so as to make it to heaven or the equivalent.

Religion, penal law and morality all essentially provide similar deterents to a potentially destructive lifestyle.

Humans by nature are animals and have many selfish animal instincts. These psychologically animal-like instincts do not translate well to a human society.

Laws, religion and morality force us to reject or contain our feelings and temptations. Whether it be to murder, harm, steal, covet, etc. - society needed to come up with plausible lines of defense against destructive human desires.

If one "puts the fear of god" in a child, this child will believe that nothing he does goes unnoticed. Hopefully, it will help refrain this child from doing something harmful to himself or others. This works well when they believe that they will be destined for a place called hell in lieu of a paradise. And this will be for ever and ever. So make your time on earth productive and morally right, otherwise you will have a terrible afterlife. Every religion preaches this or something similar.

Laws can be circumvented, morals can be faked, but if their is a god who sees all and keeps a ledger of who did what, it tells us that we must live a life of piety if god will judge us one day.

Great post. I am not sure if you and I would agree on theology, but I for one appreciate your well thought out response.

To amplify what you said, I think what a lot of folks who take the Bible literally lack is a sense of context... That is to say that they lack a sense of the audience for him the various accounts were written and the era in which they were put down.

Much of the first five books of the Bible (the Pentatuech) are based on oral traditions going back thousands of years... Back to the first urban societies of Mesopotamia. To take these accounts and ascribe them to modern life with no interpretation or sense of context is just as foolish as telling a "God Believer" that there is no chance whatsoever that God exists. Neither science or religion have a monopoly on the answers, and science and religion are not necessarlily mutually exclusive.

Much of the first five books of the Bible (the Pentatuech) are based on oral traditions going back thousands of years... Back to the first urban societies of Mesopotamia. To take these accounts and ascribe them to modern life with no interpretation or sense of context is just as foolish as telling a "God Believer" that there is no chance whatsoever that God exists. Neither science or religion have a monopoly on the answers, and science and religion are not necessarlily mutually exclusive.

Good point. I meant to include this as well. The bible is a book full of hearsay written thousands of years ago - all derived from prior anecdotes that occured a long time before the good book was even written or documented.

Truth be told, this world full of established religions doesn't welcome new religions. They're looked upon very suspiciously by the two or three dominant ones.

David Koresh could have been the next jesus. Modern society and the government didn't want that. They label "start-up" religions as cults.

Well that's how most religions started years ago. They were all cults to a degree. They all contain mystical beliefs and promises to their belivers.

Scientology is now considered a religion and has tax exempt status just as the catholic church does.

Last edited:
As usual with the darwinists, you haven't answered the man's question. Where did matter come from? If not from God, then how did basic matter itself come into existence to eventually "evolve?"

Big bang? Buddha? Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Hell, I dunno. Many people may think they have the answer cold, but in fact nobody really knows how exactly we came into existence. Some people use religion to help explain it, but remember, faith alone is not proof. In order to actually prove something you need empirical evidence, and I have yet to see one creationist give me any.

Religion is power. You can build a strong army and solidarity on the backs of religious believers. The more members the more you can dominate and control. Religion is a tool and a dynamic one at that.

Missionaires attemp to recruit into their religion by canvasing poor or underveloped areas and countries. They seek the vulnerable and prey on the weak.

You might also notice that a majority of the truly religious are poor in contrast to those who have more well-being in life. The lower classes of society tend to be more religous than those of the upper class.

For these souls, religion is almost a last means to make ends meet. When one can't suvive or cope on their own, they need to turn to a higher being who can help guide them towards their destiny. Life is out of thier hands. They can't manage to procure or achieve certain things, so they rely on a god to worship who will bring them such bounty and treasures. They belive that if they pray enough and attend church that all of the things out of thier control will be favored upon them.

Think about it. When you've exhausted all your options and are in dire need of some miracle - you pray.

We all have said a prayer when things were really tough as we had no where else to turn.

Religion is for the weak-minded.

For the record, I was raised catholic and attended sunday school and church for many years as a youth. I was baptized, had communion, took a name, etc. Everything that was required I did, but only because my parents took me church.

See, if they gave me up at birht and I was adpoted by some Hindu couple, I would be Hindu.

Religion is arbitrarily assigned based upon what family brought you into the world.

Ha! this has sprawled into a new topic quick. Unfortunately no agitators have chimed in. Most likely because we are all being too reasonable and level headed... Where's that Westboro(?) baptist church when you need them for once? I'd be happy to make 'em martyrs...

I kid, I kid

I have to wave the BS flag. If these are entry level jobs, they represent the extreme upper limit. Michigna is one of the top pay states for teachers in the country. In Oakland county, the wealthiest county in Michigan, starting HS teacher 33K, a little less than the starting pay for a USA Jet DA-20 F/O at age 20 with no college dept.
Are you really saying that your F/O's are entry level?
What? They didn't have any on the job flying experience before hand?

I figure you meant this as consolation to pilots who feel they should be paid more, but really, if I were one of your F/O's I'd feel insulted.

If USA jet is an "entry level" pilot job, it too represents the extreme upper limit, not the $20K/year or less entry level standard I've seen in this profession.

As usual with the darwinists, you haven't answered the man's question. Where did matter come from? If not from God, then how did basic matter itself come into existence to eventually "evolve?"

How did God come to be? He just....did?

You're right. That makes a lot more sense than evolution.

If you believe God is the sole creator of man then why in the name of common sense would you refuse the concept of God creating evolution and the physical nature of our universe.

When God said "Let there be light" you better believe there was a Big Bang!!!

On the 7th day, God rested and said, "Let ye pilots earn a respectable and decent wage."
--Genesis 1:7

Latest resources

Back