• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$5000 sign on bonus at Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The first class on the 29th had 5 guys in it, they are the first to get it, and they receive it at the successful completion of IOE.

I heard the union wasn't going to allow that. They may have to give it before they start class.

in a moment of rarity... we agree Yip.. The problem with the FAA, and the world knows this; it's why we're the laughing stock of Cathy Pacific interviews.. as does the typical Military flight school grade know this... which is to say, anyone can memorize the ATP written and answer a few oral questions about a Seneca II and get their ATP.. No actual deep understanding of aerodynamics, systems theory, airspace (TERPS), or anything is checked.. it's frankly sad and I'm sure it's part of the grand conspiracy behind the whole "Shortage" myth which would love nothing more than to flood the labor market with bodies for "meat in the seat"

Never during the Type Rating add on course is this theory tested, and frankly I'm familiar with more than one "APD" who couldn't even tell you what "Trim Drag" is much less what actually causes induced drag..

this also feeds into the management plan to dumb down the profession and de-professionalize it enough to justify their crappy wage proposals.

I'm certain you bear a striking resemblance to your avatar.

Go outside, get away from your computer, maybe even try getting a woman.

I really don't want to memrize rivot counts thank you.

Some of us are just good sticks. Please don't take all the fun out.

in a moment of rarity... we agree Yip.. The problem with the FAA, and the world knows this; it's why we're the laughing stock of Cathy Pacific interviews.. as does the typical Military flight school grade know this... which is to say, anyone can memorize the ATP written and answer a few oral questions about a Seneca II and get their ATP.. No actual deep understanding of aerodynamics, systems theory, airspace (TERPS), or anything is checked.. it's frankly sad and I'm sure it's part of the grand conspiracy behind the whole "Shortage" myth which would love nothing more than to flood the labor market with bodies for "meat in the seat"

Never during the Type Rating add on course is this theory tested, and frankly I'm familiar with more than one "APD" who couldn't even tell you what "Trim Drag" is much less what actually causes induced drag..

this also feeds into the management plan to dumb down the profession and de-professionalize it enough to justify their crappy wage proposals.

So, what are the accident rates of faa vs. jaa ATP holders?

Pinnacle tried this a few years ago. $5000 sign-on bonus. Pinnacle recruiter was waiting in the FlightSafety parking lot and recruiting ASA new hires who just completed training. The Pinnacle union shut that down because it was not being offered to the rest of the pilots. CBA = everyone is paid under the same terms. From what I heard, those newly recruited pilots at Pinnacle who were offered the sign-on bonus, never saw a dime of that $5000.

I would not expect Eagle pilots to let this stand.

Latest resources

Back