• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$5000 sign on bonus at Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sure about that? Can the company choose to pay above the CBA set rates anytime they want to to any line pilot?
Yes. The company is in BK court. All they have to do is go to the judge, tell them that they are having a problem recruiting new pilots and the judge will allow them to work outside of the CBA.

Very possible...but giving newhires an ATP/type rating isn't going to be the financial tipping point.

Maybe not in itself, but you can buy yourself some time through the processes of keeping wages/benefits low and working conditions poor!

Great, a chance to flow through to AA in exchange for 30 years working at a regional and $5000!

What kind of moron wouldn't jump at the chance?

Great, a chance to flow through to AA in exchange for 30 years working at a regional and $5000!

What kind of moron wouldn't jump at the chance?
How about when you take a job you never know where it will lead. I look at my highly qualified squadron mates and the moves they made. Like leaving FedEx for Braniff I in 1978 , it folded in 1982. We had another guy bail from GM Corp in 1979 for Braniff; he would have been at GM through the glory years. How about all the guys who bailed from SWA, UPS and FedEx for the major jobs at DAL, AAL, UAL etc in 2000. You just never know.

I reported aboard CVAN-65 USS Enterprise in 1975. At that time civilian flying jobs a scarce. I meet this guy who is getting out, going to work for company doing overnight mail, paid $400/mo for a F/O's job, he had to use his GI bill for training in the right seat of the DA-20. The company must have had a gov't contract I thought with a name like Federal Express. He stayed at FedEx, ran across him at a CO's conference in the late 80's he was like a double-digit seniority number. All the preparation in the world does guarantee you are making the right choices. Shows you just never know about that job.

I'm certain you bear a striking resemblance to your avatar.

I have gained some weight since my younger years, not quite to the level of Mr. Porkins however..

Go outside, get away from your computer, maybe even try getting a woman.

Happily married, and I get out and fly more than enough, thanks..

I really don't want to memrize rivot counts thank you.

I agree! neither do I; the whole FAA method of licensing and geting type rated is based on useless memorization... not understanding of systems, aerodynamics, or airspace... it's embarrassing.

Some of us are just good sticks. Please don't take all the fun out.

A good surgeon can't just depend on his amazing dexterity and eye hand coordination... he must also know where to cut! Take some pride in your PROFESSIONALISM... be a professional.

So, what are the accident rates of faa vs. jaa ATP holders?

don't know.. but I do know accidents can be prevented if we hold pilots to a higher standard of knowing how to pilot before we set them loose on 75+ passengers...

Colgan comes to mind... Captain clueless as to what his plane is doing, FO pulls flaps up DURING stall recovery....

But JAA also has issues... they've got theory down well, but then lack in experience... Case in point, Air France and the wonder IRO..

Latest resources

Back