• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2013 L-CAL System Bid Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I don't care about hep because he isn't my rep, he is yours... If you think jp is getting away with all of that you should elect someone who can stand up to the evil jp and all his shannigans... Again just baffles me how everything can be blamed on jp and the cal mec, must be some aweful good koolaid your mec passes out!

In my post I said they were supposed to be working together, I never said they were, but continue to believe everything your side tells you as gospel, I could care less
I know for a fact the profit sharing thing is bs, that works on a %, it doesn't matter how many groups are in the pool, each employee group gets whatever % they have negotiated... That being said, I was very disappointed when they gave up a grievance to get us in ps I was looking forward to the chaos that would have ensued on our side when we were half of the group responsible for a profit and would have been left out... Another thing... We never heard anything from your side trying to get us ps... Screw the cal side, we just want ours!! You think that was unnoticed? Whatever tho, again I could care less, the fact is the mecs are still seperate and duty bound to represent their own pilot groups... But if anything doesn't go the way of ual, it's always the fault of the all powerful jp and cal mec!! Never blame or question your own spotless reps, even the ones who came in the middle of negotiations!!

The PS was BS? We received 6% for 2010 and 5% for 2011 even though we made 300M more in 2011. You do the math. The results of the grievance should put that to rest. I never said our MEC was blameless for this contract but your management shill MC did everything possible to slow walk the negotiations. BTW, you never stated what our MEC did to disadvantage the CAL group.

And I don't care about hep because he isn't my rep, he is yours... If you think jp is getting away with all of that you should elect someone who can stand up to the evil jp and all his shannigans... Again just baffles me how everything can be blamed on jp and the cal mec, must be some aweful good koolaid your mec passes out!

Well you just described exactly what we did. We did elect a new MEC and they did what they had to do to ensure your MEC is OVER! SOON!

The PS was BS? We received 6% for 2010 and 5% for 2011 even though we made 300M more in 2011. You do the math. The results of the grievance should put that to rest. I never said our MEC was blameless for this contract but your management shill MC did everything possible to slow walk the negotiations. BTW, you never stated what our MEC did to disadvantage the CAL group.

I never said because I simply don't care, I see nothing good about getting in arguments over what our two mecs have done to screw the other side over
What good could come of it? Is it going to help unify us? I'm just a line pilot anyway, I usually don't post on here, but I don't like our mec always being blame for everything... I don't like jp and if I had a vote it would be for someone else, but our local reps get to decide that not us, that being said he is in charge of representing the cal pilots, not the ual side and I think it's distasteful always hearing the ual side complaining about him... I've never read much of our side bashing hep...
I asked our local reps about the ps as well as your previous mec vp, had him on the jumpseat from fll on his way back to 74 training... Forgot his name... But everyone told me the same thing on ps, that it wouldn't come at the expense of ual pilots...

I thought you were at cal?

UAL MEC represents UAL furloughees for the SLI process which is at the deep core of all the problems but you know that don't you. Are you one of the guys that says we have no career expectations as we are furloughed?

Last edited:
UAL MEC represents UAL furloughees for the SLI process which is at the deep core of all the problems but you know that don't you. Are you one of the guys that says we have no career expectations as we are furloughed?

No but what do you care what anyone says anyway? My opinion or that of any other pilot doesnt mean squat..The arbitrator is all that matters... You just sound pretty arrogant and ungrateful for the job that the cal mec gave to you by signing the tpa, and your working under a cal negotiated contract, and if anything would happen you would be represented by cal pilots.... But I'm glad YOU elected a new ual mec to ensure OUR cal mec would disappear!!

No but what do you care what anyone says anyway? My opinion or that of any other pilot doesnt mean squat..The arbitrator is all that matters... You just sound pretty arrogant and ungrateful for the job that the cal mec gave to you by signing the tpa, and your working under a cal negotiated contract, and if anything would happen you would be represented by cal pilots.... But I'm glad YOU elected a new ual mec to ensure OUR cal mec would disappear!!

I, yes I voted for a contract for the soul purpose of getting rid of the CAL MEC ASAP. Familiar with the TPA but United airlines can hire anyone they want from any source without CAL MECs approval. CAL MEC didn't give me jack and who is on their high horse...sorry I don't value CALs C02. If anything would happen I would take a recall. Of course I seem arrogant to a frustrated soul short on grey matter.
Apparently you don't understand the purpose of debate and forums.

Last edited:
I, yes I voted for a contract for the soul purpose of getting rid of the CAL MEC ASAP. Familiar with the TPA but United airlines can hire anyone they want from any source without CAL MECs approval. CAL MEC didn't give me jack and who is on their high horse...sorry I don't value CALs C02. If anything would happen I would take a recall. Of course I seem arrogant to a frustrated soul short on grey matter.
Apparently you don't understand the purpose of debate and forums.

Well it's hard to tell through the ego, but it appears you voted for this current contract. Deny it as you like, but your YES vote lead to the approval of LOA 25 Section 4. And you somehow think you hold the high ground on character! :rolleyes:

By the way a Scab is a Scab. Never once faced a discipline problem for using the word. Sorry you turned chicken sh!t based on rumors. Most UAL furloughees at CAL aren't like that.

Last edited:
Actually your pilots have gone to long lengths to explain that you cannot just do that simple math with a mature contract such as United's. The CAL MC just wanted to be educated since just looking at payrates was deemed not an accurate method of comparing compensation. Remember?

You'll have to explain to me how as far as w2's go hourly compensation X hours worked per month X 12 does not = compensation. Was the CAL MEC looking for work rules on the W2's?? I knew they were confused but...........

Latest resources

Back