• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2013 L-CAL System Bid Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's right chopper, show some respect!!! You know we all have always wanted to fly 737's form coast to coast!!!

Speculation about what Flops

As of this time the bid results are more than two days late. sUAL MEC is more than likely the culprit. This bid was suppose to open a 737 base in SFO and a 757 base in LAX. The new bases were cancelled after sUAL begged jeff not to allow it. Now it seems sUAL pilot leaders are possibly attacking the bid in another way. Not sure exactly how, but that is very much why it is late.

sCAL pilots are in the position we are in because over the last decade we made protecting jobs and job security a priority. sUAL pilots did the opposite, but now want to cash in on what we worked for.

*btw: This is almost exactly how this same group of pilots got the Frontier pilots kicked to the curb. They anointed themselves "brain surgeons" and sent almost 1000 FAL pilots to unemployment. Now they feel like they are hanging, when the gospel truth is: The deal you're getting is a hell of a lot better than what you would have given.

Last edited:
It is not late. By contract they have three business days to release the award. I have never seen a same-day turn around on this. The Sept bid closed on the 16, released on the 19th.

Last edited:
It is not late. By contract they have three business days to release the award. I have never seen a same-day turn around on this. The Sept bid closed on the 16, released on the 19th.

Ahh, no the Sept. bid came out the same day the bid closed. I was watching it closely.

Bid has been released. 2005 hires in all bases as captains and even 2006 hires in NYC 737 Captain position. Junior NYC 756 Captain went to July 2005 hire date.

On another note, 88 positions to bid on the s-UA side of the fence with more expected down the road. Movement for a long time which will be welcome news post SLI.

IAHERJ

Last edited:
As of this time the bid results are more than two days late. sUAL MEC is more than likely the culprit. This bid was suppose to open a 737 base in SFO and a 757 base in LAX. The new bases were cancelled after sUAL begged jeff not to allow it. Now it seems sUAL pilot leaders are possibly attacking the bid in another way. Not sure exactly how, but that is very much why it is late.

sCAL pilots are in the position we are in because over the last decade we made protecting jobs and job security a priority. sUAL pilots did the opposite, but now want to cash in on what we worked for.

*btw: This is almost exactly how this same group of pilots got the Frontier pilots kicked to the curb. They anointed themselves "brain surgeons" and sent almost 1000 FAL pilots to unemployment. Now they feel like they are hanging, when the gospel truth is: The deal you're getting is a hell of a lot better than what you would have given.

Ya know what's ironic? You want to protect your bids in OUR bases. s-CAL would not have had an opportunity to bid a 737 or 757 base in ORD, SFO, DEN, LAX or IAD with out this merger. These were NOT your bases but you think you are entitled to hold these bids. You can have all the Cap bids you want in EWR and IAH. The draw down in flying from our bases are being replaced by the guppy and are being bid out of seniority. If these were your bases BEFORE the merger then you would have an argument.

Ya know what's ironic? You want to protect your bids in OUR bases. s-CAL would not have had an opportunity to bid a 737 or 757 base in ORD, SFO, DEN, LAX or IAD with out this merger. These were NOT your bases but you think you are entitled to hold these bids. You can have all the Cap bids you want in EWR and IAH. The draw down in flying from our bases are being replaced by the guppy and are being bid out of seniority. If these were your bases BEFORE the merger then you would have an argument.

Draw down in flying? Did you lose some airplanes or were they just reallocated like the l-CAL 737s were? The flying lost to l-CAL 737s in Houston was replaced by Airbus flying, bid deal. And please explain what "out of seniority" mean? Since the merger, I took a pretty good pay cut because of the loss of 767 flying in Houston, but I'm not on here crying about it like someone stole something for me. It is cutting both ways. After SLI, the company will have the flexibility to run the most cost effective operation possible. That isn't today. Noone is upgrading "out of seniority." When we have one list, we will continue to bid seats based on seniority, just like we always have.

Draw down in flying? Did you lose some airplanes or were they just reallocated like the l-CAL 737s were? The flying lost to l-CAL 737s in Houston was replaced by Airbus flying, bid deal. And please explain what "out of seniority" mean? Since the merger, I took a pretty good pay cut because of the loss of 767 flying in Houston, but I'm not on here crying about it like someone stole something for me. It is cutting both ways. After SLI, the company will have the flexibility to run the most cost effective operation possible. That isn't today. Noone is upgrading "out of seniority." When we have one list, we will continue to bid seats based on seniority, just like we always have.

I agree with you. We have ALL taken a hit with fleet reallocation. I was responding to Flopgut's rant about UALMEC throwing a wrench in new equipment bid opportunities out of s-UAL bases. He seems to think s-UAL pilots want s-CAL Cap bids. That is far from the truth. We have a problem with new equipment bids out of our bases, as you are with yours. The reality though is we have twice as many domestic bases as you and s-CAL's a/c seem to be encroaching more on our bases than yours. As to out of seniority, there have been more opportunity for s-CAL Cap bids in our bases than 320/756 bids in your bases. So the draw down in flying in s-UAL bases creates more opportunity for s-CAL bids. Lets face it, our unfilled 320, 756 bids in JFK and IAH show that those bases aren't popular, but LAX, DEN, ORD, SFO, IAD are more popular for s-CAL than your bases are for us. In closing, when we have 12 yr guys on reserve in ORD, DEN and LAX because of the draw down of s-UAL flying and '05-'06 Cap bids in those bases because of the NEW equipment bids in s-UAL domiciles then that is OUT OF SENIORITY.

I agree with you. We have ALL taken a hit with fleet reallocation. I was responding to Flopgut's rant about UALMEC throwing a wrench in new equipment bid opportunities out of s-UAL bases. He seems to think s-UAL pilots want s-CAL Cap bids. That is far from the truth. We have a problem with new equipment bids out of our bases, as you are with yours. The reality though is we have twice as many domestic bases as you and s-CAL's a/c seem to be encroaching more on our bases than yours. As to out of seniority, there have been more opportunity for s-CAL Cap bids in our bases than 320/756 bids in your bases. So the draw down in flying in s-UAL bases creates more opportunity for s-CAL bids. Lets face it, our unfilled 320, 756 bids in JFK and IAH show that those bases aren't popular, but LAX, DEN, ORD, SFO, IAD are more popular for s-CAL than your bases are for us. In closing, when we have 12 yr guys on reserve in ORD, DEN and LAX because of the draw down of s-UAL flying and '05-'06 Cap bids in those bases because of the NEW equipment bids in s-UAL domiciles then that is OUT OF SENIORITY.

So if a pilot is 98% in their respective system and is on reserve as an FO, and another pilot is 60% in their respective system and sitting reserve as a CA, that is out of seniority? Look, the SLI is on the horizon. There is not a finite number of vacancy bids, vacancies will be continuous across the composite system for the forseeable future. The list will be arbitrated, the new U will open LAX 756 and SFO 737 bases, and we'll all get to bid on them based on seniority. If you don't like l-CAL bases, don't bid them. There is no "out of seniority" as long as there are two lists.

Latest resources

Back