• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2000 hour wonders hired at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL- it's the blame game. If I'm not mistaken, everyone goes thru the same interview with CAs, technical, and computer test. I think most people would rather be flown by someone with 3,000 hours 121 glass over 4 years versus 1,500 f16 over 8 years, not that it really matters as they are hiring people to be fo's and not ca's.
Trg not to beat your wife over your entitlement.
There you go thinking again....try not to hurt yourself.

On the day of my interview this summer, Delta hired two young Regional FOs who had never been a Captain, and had Zero PIC, while sending away several high time RJ captains and Military instructor pilots who had tons of experience. One of the two low time FOs was female, and both seemed like solid people.

My take on it is that hours and experience are not nearly as important as finding a wide variety of good people. Of course, it's easier for me to say that since I was hired! Had I not been, I'm sure I would see it as a flawed system.

Last edited:
I don't even have 2000 but I'm pretty sure being a military guy I won't have a problem. But military hours are of higher quality. At least some of my Delta buddies told me that's what the company thinks.

LOL- it's the blame game. If I'm not mistaken, everyone goes thru the same interview with CAs, technical, and computer test. I think most people would rather be flown by someone with 3,000 hours 121 glass over 4 years versus 1,500 f16 over 8 years, not that it really matters as they are hiring people to be fo's and not ca's.
Trg not to beat your wife over your entitlement.
I'd have to say that I disagree. Anyone flying an F-16 in the military not only completed military flight school, (which is great training), but also completed fighter tactical training, which has a very high fail out rate. This shows that the applicant is sharp and has well above average airmanship abilities, thus do well in 121 training.

This all reminds me of the United joke back in the day........

UAL: "United XXX looking for a shortcut."

Unknown AC : "Just be patient sweetie, your whole career has been a shortcut."

Gup

I have not applied.

Military time can not be compared with pilot mill trained 2000 hour wonders. Some of these places are a joke.

I just don't understand why highly competent, experienced pilots (way more than me) are bypassed for these people.

I don't care if they have 2000 hours or 10,000 hours; if they can't fly, get 'em outta there. I know many 20,000 hour guys who fly worse than their 3000 hour counterparts.

I don't even have 2000 but I'm pretty sure being a military guy I won't have a problem. But military hours are of higher quality. At least some of my Delta buddies told me that's what the company thinks.

Sooooooooo flying a 40 year old tanker on autopilot is of higher quality than flying a modern EFIS RJ on autopilot? Please explain this should be interesting. You might want to get over yourself, and pass that on to your "Delta buddies"(Thanks for your service though) Oh yeah, how may days have you flown 7 legs in the weather, in the northeast corridor while in the military?

PS. Fighter time does NOT make you a good airline pilot. It makes you a good fighter pilot.

Last edited:
Sooooooooo flying a 40 year old tanker on autopilot is of higher quality than flying a modern EFIS RJ on autopilot? Please explain this should be interesting. You might want to get over yourself (Thanks for your service though)

PS. Fighter time does NOT make you a good airline pilot. It makes you a good fighter pilot.

Blasphemy!!!

But your personality will be what kills you Tanker.....!!

You are one of MANY who came through the military here and most won't buy your act as being humble.

Latest resources

Back