• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2000 hour wonders hired at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whaler, you said, "I'm not trying to come off as superior but when you are comparing a guy coming up through regional training and saying more folks would rather fly with them then a 1500 hr Mil guy. I have to completely disagree. Look at the Colgan accident. Guys (and the gal) can sneak through the regional training into a 121 glass cockpit. You think the colgan capt would have made it through all the training that 1500 hr F16 guy made it through? You think he's the only one out there?"

I understand what you're saying. But, we need to keep in mind that the AA MD80 crash in Little Rock was flown by two military guys, and I believe the FO was a fighter guy. The Air Florida crash in D.C. was also piloted by a recently-mil-separated fighter guy with no winter weather/ice/deicing experience. Both crashes occured due to bad decision-making.

The point here is that there are bad pilots on both sides of the fence. It's important for us to stop pointing the finger at the other side.

Hire a 2000hr Regional Airline Pilot and you have a dedicated employee who has divine pride and joy in their career proving far more resourceful than a 5000hr head swollen "I'm owed this" position pilot who makes the next 30yrs of his career with company X a combative disaster.

Hire a 2000hr Regional Airline Pilot and you have a dedicated employee who has divine pride and joy in their career proving far more resourceful than a 5000hr head swollen "I'm owed this" position pilot who makes the next 30yrs of his career with company X a combative disaster.

Everyone, regardless of experience, is happy the first year or couple of years, then we all become entitled.

I've flown with a few ex-mil guys at my airline. I rather enjoy flying with them, they see the flying world a little differently than I do. They've done things I've not done, I've done things they've not done. I came up through the single pilot freight world, then charters and contract work with the forest service; they got their time flying an F/A-18 or KC-135.

At the end of the day we're all doing the same crap. We can both fly the happy little bus from ATL to ORD, and it's probably the easiest flying job either of us have ever done.

Wait, did Delta hire the female FO from the "History Making" flight? The Captain is qualified and the FO is... well.

Last edited:
Wait, did Delta hire the female FO from the "History Making" flight? The Captain is qualified and the FO is... well.

The captain who couldn't fly a visual approach and had to be sent back to training? The one requiring extra sim time and still couldn't get out of IOE? The one who went through a fast track program at ASA without an interview because of a personal phone call from Skip Barnette...Who she happened to work for at Delta in PR who later transferred to ASA as CEO? The one with the less than stellar reputation from just about every captain she's flown with at ASA?

How is she qualified exactly? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact shes a female, attractive, a minority, a former Delta employee???

I'm all for networking, etc.....but this girl is not very qualified for a flying position. Enjoy and good luck.

you're all 1/2 crazy. i want the guy/gal with beaucoup round engine and tailwheel time !!!

Heyas Jafi,

I would concede your point if today's batch of hair frosted, backpack wearing, Oakley dangling, iPod jamming, entitlement minded RJ kids could successfully identify ANY of those aircraft more than 1 out of 10 times with a response other than a "I dunno, dude, it's like....old...let me Wiki it on my iPhone"

Nu

Just one more sign I'm getting old I guess, I know what all those airplanes are. Flew several of them to.

Latest resources

Back