Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, seriously, this stupid thread has turned into a

"My _________ is bigger than your _________."

yep. no days off. none. been at CAL for just over a year and enjoying a horrible schedule. i'm also struggling to pay for Ramen noodles.

if you don't know what you're talking about then it's best not to speak of it.

keep dusting off the gear handle at Express and bashing CAL. at least you'll entertain the rest of us.

now i think i'll take a nap before i return to work in several days for another easy trip in a nice plane with a good crew.

life is hard...especially if you talk yourself into your own misery.

I've been throwing the gear handle at Expressjet for 16 years. I can't seem to get the upgrade, and I'm not sure why either.

I am used to getting bashed by the CAL guys on here, so I don't take it personally. It is always from the same few guys.

The fact is, that nobody I carry around in the jumpseat is happy at CAL.

I just flew with your former MEC Chairman who was in place during the latest contract negotiations at your company. He is quite happy to be at CAL as are 99.9% of the other former XJT pilots who are now at CAL.

Is our pilot group as a whole very unhappy with our current contact YOU BETCHA. I wouldn't want to go into negotiations on a key contract without such massive dissatisfaction, it certainly helps our unity and resolve. Don't confuse unhappy with the current working conditions and contract as "unhappy" being employed with the company.

Grow up and lose the attitude and maybe you will get hired by a quality company. I witnessed three flight attendants fighting in the crew room in London the other night, you very much remind me of the immaturity and unprofessionalism!

Last edited:
Well said CAL EWR!

It's obvious that P-Pilot was not at XJT prior to C'02 negotiations or had to live under C'97 at all. Definitely part of the "it's all about me again" generation.

If so, "it" would know that the "mood" at CAL is very similar to the way it was at XJT (we called it COEX back then).

Ironic (or destiny) how the majority of the people who got that contact that XJT is living under now are at CAL. You know, the contract you are reaping the benefit of. The one you had no part of any fight in. Yeah, that one.

Is our pilot group as a whole very unhappy with our current contact YOU BETCHA. I wouldn't want to go into negotiations on a key contract without such massive dissatisfaction, it certainly helps our unity and resolve. Don't confuse unhappy with the current working conditions and contract as "unhappy" being employed with the company.

Great point that some peole dont really get...
One can like their job but not like their contract or management.

Yeah the work rules suck but it is still fun to go to work and do my job.

I am used to getting bashed by the CAL guys on here, so I don't take it personally. It is always from the same few guys.

The fact is, that nobody I carry around in the jumpseat is happy at CAL.

Additional information from history that you are probably oblivious too. I was at CAL in 88 when we had a mass Exodus (many former PEX and Frontier the old Frontier Chief Pilot was the initial Chief at UPS) for the initial cadre of pilots to be hired by UPS when they established their own pilot group and discontinued the wet leased flying. Many of the initial pilots were miserable at UPS. They were treated like truckers and yeilded very little respect from their coworkers and UPS management. The pay was descent but no where in the neighborhood of the Majors (now referred to as Legacy's)

They axed the Teamsters (truckers division) and started their own Union (IPA). Twenty years later they have done an outstanding job negotiating contracts and making UPS one of the premiere pilot jobs.

Just a little lesson in history in this business nothing lasts forever good or bad. I can also remember when UAL, DAL, NWA and USAIR were the premier jobs and UPS, FEDEX and SWA weren't.

Your statements and assumptions about CAL are based on current working conditions and pay especially for those on the bottom half of the list are only valid for the present. The future is up to us and we have the power to make drastic improvements.

Last edited:
''I witnessed three flight attendants fighting in the crew room in London the other night,""
Loads of fun for us trying to use the computers. When are you guys leaving the Hilton? The Aurora is much nicer.

''I witnessed three flight attendants fighting in the crew room in London the other night,""
Loads of fun for us trying to use the computers. When are you guys leaving the Hilton? The Aurora is much nicer.

Were you there? One of my high priorities for Contract 08 is to separate our layovers from the FA's and move to five star hotels. Let the FA's negotiate for themselves where they stay. I am tired of getting kicked out of nice hotels because of there BS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back