• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1st year pay at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You work at Express. I doubt you have ever seen 60K, so don't pretend you know how much that is. You say you have 4100 hours, which is doubtable, but using that as a basis you are most probably a 3 or 4 year CA/FO, which is due largely in part those Express pilots actually getting hired by CAL and leaving. 75 hours at APC will get you 59K a year as a 4 year CA. Don't try to tell anyone you know about anything at CAL when you don't know jack ******************** about Express.

Wait a second....I have no issue with CAL, would go in a heartbeat but are you serious??.....never see 60K. I will make a bit over 80K this year at XJT. I'm on 8th year pay and I won't have to kill myself to top 80. I never have less than 14 days off and the money is ok for the work I do.

I'm not slamming CAL at all but you should take a look at our pay rates before you post about our earning potential.

I guess your correct. You should stay at XJT and enjoy your life. That's great pay. If you live where you like, and your life is ok, I might be content also. But you're talking about 3rd-4th year earnings at a Major/Legacy. I'm not picking, but I sure wouldn't get too cocky about that.

Wait a second....I have no issue with CAL, would go in a heartbeat but are you serious??.....never see 60K. I will make a bit over 80K this year at XJT. I'm on 8th year pay and I won't have to kill myself to top 80. I never have less than 14 days off and the money is ok for the work I do.

I'm not slamming CAL at all but you should take a look at our pay rates before you post about our earning potential.

Ex737, not to shoot holes in your argument but as a 6th year Captain in 2005 I made about $85k at XJT. It wouldn't have been much less on 4th year pay...maybe $5k less. Then again, I didn't commute which puts a big impact on how many hours one is willing to fly/credit.

Easy fellas.............., just using her same retarded math back on her for third and fourth year RJ CA.

I call BS. Not according to APC pay rates if you are on the 737.

..........or GUAM??? :beer:
We have a winner!

For anybody that might be senior to me....Guam is full of snakes, the power is out 50% of the time, and the flying is horrible. Oh, and the captains are really mean too. Don't bid out here!

For those that don't know, GUM basing offers 2nd year pay plus a COLA which results in first year pay being just over $70,000 with per diem. Remember, if you are senior to me, GUM sucks! Excuse me while I go out snorkeling again.

Don't foget typhoon's, earthquakes, long legs with nothing to look at but blue ocean, using 1930's technology to communicate, a myrid of tropical diseases, so again if you are senior to either me or AWACoff I would recomend not bidding Guam.

I guess your correct. You should stay at XJT and enjoy your life. That's great pay. If you live where you like, and your life is ok, I might be content also. But you're talking about 3rd-4th year earnings at a Major/Legacy. I'm not picking, but I sure wouldn't get too cocky about that.

I have no intention of staying. Just pointing out that we are not all 23 yrs old making 22K a year. I am not married, have no children and live very well on what I make. That being said, I would prefer to leave. Eight years is enough.

There are off-line instructors making $150K+ at XJT. The money's out there, just depends on what you want to put up with in terms of QOL in order to get it. I would rather spend the next 5 years in the training dept here than go to CAL/UAL/NWA, but I am doing neither because life ain't all about money.

Guam is not that special. It certainly isn't worth traveling all the way from the mainland if you have seen some of the Caribbean islands before. It's nice for the Asian tourists especially Japan who loves feeling like they are in America in just 3 hours and see a bit of clean beach and tropical action and do all of the tacky shopping. It does get old. However, I cannot speak for the other Micronesian islands, never been...must be beautiful.

We have a winner!

For anybody that might be senior to me....Guam is full of snakes, the power is out 50% of the time, and the flying is horrible. Oh, and the captains are really mean too. Don't bid out here!

For those that don't know, GUM basing offers 2nd year pay plus a COLA which results in first year pay being just over $70,000 with per diem. Remember, if you are senior to me, GUM sucks! Excuse me while I go out snorkeling again.

Um, don't worry. I doubt that very many CAL people WANT to go to Guam. If it makes you feel better to think that, then cool beans, but I think most people don't want to go there. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back