• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1st year pay at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Were you there? One of my high priorities for Contract 08 is to separate our layovers from the FA's and move to five star hotels. Let the FA's negotiate for themselves where they stay. I am tired of getting kicked out of nice hotels because of there BS.

Normally I agree with a lot of your posts but I'm not with you on this one. I've had a lot of fun with many of the inflight crews. Better chances you'll click with someone and with more folks there are a lot of cool places I wouldn't know about. Sure there are a few losers, but it beats having a sausage party every night of a trip with just the pilots.

If what you want happens I'll be having dinner every night with captain KRUSTY. :)

Normally I agree with a lot of your posts but I'm not with you on this one. I've had a lot of fun with many of the inflight crews. Better chances you'll click with someone and with more folks there are a lot of cool places I wouldn't know about. Sure there are a few losers, but it beats having a sausage party every night of a trip with just the pilots.

If what you want happens I'll be having dinner every night with captain KRUSTY. :)

It's OK to have different opinions and I respect your right to disagree.

Just so you know where I am coming from. As a whole we have been kicked out of good hotels many times do to the inappropriate behavior of our flight attendants. This is far from isolated incidents it happens over and over. Our N/C is going to attempt to negotiate better hotels and the first statement out of managements mouth will probably be we can't do that because of the F/A's. Our next response should be let them negotiate their own hotels via their contract. I am not willing to use any of our negotiating dollars for F/A's

As a whole our hotels are woefully inadequate. I want a four or five star hotel, free INTERNET, access to the executive lounge and full points (like the fractional pilots) and good location. After twenty years here and spending half of my life on the road I don't want substandard hotels just so I can stay with the F/A's. I could care less about staying in the same hotels with F/A's. You could always take a cab from your five star to meet the F/A's at the microhotel to have fun!

My two cents.

Last edited:
I would be willing to do it if we had some sort of assurance that the quality and more importantly (as you mentioned) amenities such as internet, crew discounts, workout/pool, etc. would be improved on.

It's OK to have different opinions and I respect your right to disagree.

Just so you know where I am coming from. As a whole we have been kicked out of good hotels many times do to the inappropriate behavior of our flight attendants. This is far from isolated incidents it happens over and over. Our N/C is going to attempt to negotiate better hotels and the first statement out of managements mouth will probably be we can't do that because of the F/A's. Our next response should be let them negotiate their own hotels via their contract. I am not willing to use any of our negotiating dollars for F/A's

As a whole our hotels are woefully inadequate. I want a four or five star hotel, free INTERNET, access to the executive lounge and full points (like the fractional pilots) and good location. After twenty years here and spending half of my life on the road I don't want substandard hotels just so I can stay with the F/A's. I could care less about staying in the same hotels with F/A's. You could always take a cab from your five star to meet the F/A's at the microhotel to have fun!

My two cents.

agreed

While I do like overnighting with the whole crew, I don't love staying at mediocre Holiday Inns and La Quintas either. If seperating hotels from inflight gets us better places to stay so be it. Lowering 20hour line between a "downtown" and airport layover would be a very welcome change.

I like the idea of giving us hotel points would be great even though you would end up with 12 different Hotel points cards in you wallet, but you would probably never have to pay for a hotel room ever again.

Free internet in the rooms is an absolute must in todays day and age with PBS and the online training we are required to do.

I like the idea of giving us hotel points would be great .

What is the reality of that? Most hotels don't give points on the corp rate and the company might claim the points are thiers....

I like the idea of giving us hotel points would be great even though you would end up with 12 different Hotel points cards in you wallet, but you would probably never have to pay for a hotel room ever again.

My suggestion to the Negotiating Committee was to have CAL negotiate a deal with a major hotel chain like Marriott or Hilton to only stay in there hotels, mostly the upper level ones (in exchange for giving full points to crew members). Obviously worldwide this couldn't be used exclusively but would work in most cities.

What is the reality of that? Most hotels don't give points on the corp rate and the company might claim the points are thiers....

lots of contingencies and unknowns there. but, why not ask for it? it might sound far-fetched, but it's not any more ridiculous than some of the provisions that we're slipped into our current contract by the other team.

there's a new team in place now. and i very much like their direct tone and communications with the pilots. i'm glad they are working for us.

Everything is negotiable. Thus the incentive for a major airline with x amount of crews a night world wide for an exclusive contract with their brand.

Correct me if I'm incorrect but it is my understanding that some of the large fractionals are getting major discounts because of their size and number of crews and they are giving the pilots all the points. My friend came from Citation Shares and said they were paying $75 for staying at the Luxur in Vegas. Much cheaper than what the public is paying and much nicer than we airline pukes stay in Vegas with full points.

Everything is negotiable. Thus the incentive for a major airline with x amount of crews a night world wide for an exclusive contract with their brand.

Going with a single brand may limit your availablity. How far are you willing to ride the van for the brand? And hotel committee reps have any thoughts?

When you lose the flexability to get the best hotel for the need, regardless of brand..... who is going to pay for that?

Correct me if I'm incorrect but it is my understanding that some of the large fractionals are getting major discounts because of their size and number of crews and they are giving the pilots all the points.

Yes, but the frac pilots pay for the rooms out of pocket and then get reimbursed. They don't know where they are staying so can't make reservations...

My friend came from Citation Shares and said they were paying $75 for staying at the Luxur in Vegas. Much cheaper than what the public is paying and much nicer than we airline pukes stay in Vegas with full points.

I am asking questions but I support your efforts....

Latest resources

Back