• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

168 "Large" Regional Aircraft left for RFP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah, unfortunately, you would be required to do the same amount of classtime and OJT as all of us had to do. Just like they wouldnt let me skip the front of the line to push to buttons on the autopilot.

Like you could figger out which buttons do what. So pushing buttons on the autopilot is skipping to the "front of the line" If you study real hard, fly 1500 hrs and manage to get hired you can sit in the right seat for 5-6 years before you upgrade on the EMB-120. Assuming I wanted to do your job, what 1-2 weeks of classroom to learn what F9 does then dispatching away?

Mmmhmm, just as I thought.

What the knuckleheads that landed with fumes in the tank? Guess what they screwed up, but they still put the plane and pax back on the ground successfully. So they paid a very large price, but they still were ultimately successful in the end.

Out of that paragraph the only question/answer you have is what is F9?
I don't know, but given an afternoon and a short study I could do your job, can you say the same of mine?
I just hammered out a wall of text in response to this...but, ultimately, decided it wasn't worth it. The long and short is this: No one here is claiming they can do your job. However, the notion that you could walk in and, in an afternoon, be able to do ours is laughable. Every pilot who has ever sat down and spent an afternoon with me at my desk has walked away with the same view: "this is harder than I thought".

Read this again. YEAR-TO-DATE, all flying, all carriers, not matter race nor creed....

As of 03/21/13 YV and EV are tied for dead last in completion factor, out of 15 DOT reporting US Airlines in completion factor. 97.1%. Innarguable fact. I can't spell it out any more crystal clear for you.

And further, I dont believe there is need for me to site my source as I am going strictly off the US DOT Reports. If you care that much to recheck my figures, I'm sure you can do your own Google search for "US DOT Airline Statistics"

According to the DOT site YTD, Pinnacle is dead last (not YV or EV) with a cancellation rate of 3.88. (please note this is NOT posted as an attack on Pinnacle, but rather to show a discrepancy in your statement). YV has a YTD cancellation rate of 2.97 and OO is a bit better with a cancellation rate of 2.6. If you look at the entire year of 2012, YV had a LOWER cancellation rate (1.42%) than OO (1.81%). 2013 YV delay 16.65% of the time, which is slightly better than OO's 19.41% delay rate. Note that the tables I found only included 5 regionals. If you have a better source, I'm asking you to share it (perhaps a link or something?) so we can be on the same page.

You previously made a claim that Mesa was the dead bottom performer out of all of the regionals. I have yet to see you provide ANY evidence that supports this claim, and I suppose I fail to see where the performance numbers clearly show that OO has good operating numbers and YV does not. I'm actually LOOKING for any statistics that support your statement, and so far I don't find anything to back your claims.

HERE IS A LINK TO YOUR SOURCE
http://www.transtats.bts.gov/HomeDrillChart_Month.asp?URL_SelectMonth=1&URL_SelectYear=2013

So to pre-empt your next diversion, I DO realize that OO is about 4X the size as YV. That's the beauty of percentages ... it breaks it all down based on 'per 100' to make a comparison. Is it more demanding to operate a larger airline? Perhaps... but if thats the argument, why is United's cancellation rate 0.55% while Skywest is 2.6% YTD? Last I checked, United was a pretty large operation, too.

I guess I just don't see how you're drawing your conclusion. But I suppose its time to move on because at this point it seems that some of your own co-workers are having difficulty expressing confidence or respect for you. Perhaps I'm wasting my time.

Last edited:
I just hammered out a wall of text in response to this...but, ultimately, decided it wasn't worth it. The long and short is this: No one here is claiming they can do your job. However, the notion that you could walk in and, in an afternoon, be able to do ours is laughable. Every pilot who has ever sat down and spent an afternoon with me at my desk has walked away with the same view: "this is harder than I thought".

Uhhh... his "pushing buttons" statement was EXACTLY implying that. Unless the sarcasm was misread.

Every pilot who has ever sat down and spent an afternoon with me at my desk has walked away with the same view: "this is harder than I thought".
Sitting in a cubicle day in and out, is the nightmare. Everything you do is just part of my job, whereas my job encompasses far more than you will ever know, and won't until you enter the arena too. Without pilots, your job is meaningless, without dispatchers, my job becomes more work intensive, plain and simple. Planes have flown without dispatchers in the past, as well as without pilots, but the ones without pilots crash with alarming regularity, can't say the same as without dispatchers.

Last edited:
Sitting in a cubicle day in and out, is the nightmare. Everything you do is just part of my job, whereas my job encompasses far more than you will ever know, and won't until you enter the arena too. Without pilots, your job is meaningless, without dispatchers, my job becomes more work intensive, plain and simple. Planes have flown without dispatchers in the past, as well as without pilots, but the ones without pilots crash with alarming regularity, can't say the same as without dispatchers.
That's nice. You're completely missing the point, but OK.

I'm done here. I don't have to deal with you (and your pathetic little ego) on a daily basis anymore. Vaya con dios.

That's nice. You're completely missing the point, but OK.

I'm done here. I don't have to deal with you (and your pathetic little ego) on a daily basis anymore. Vaya con dios.

You missed the point, the pilots who sat with you and said "that was harder than they thought" were referring to sitting in a cubicle, not the work, you did......
Thanks for playing.....quitter

You missed the point, the pilots who sat with you and said "that was harder than they thought" were referring to sitting in a cubicle, not the work, you did......
Thanks for playing.....quitter

Are you ever going to take up the offer to actually come to SGU and see what we do on a daily basis? Spend a few hours in here? Might give you a whole new perspective.... Oh, nevermind, you are to hiogh on that throne to come on down... But the offer is always open.

Latest resources

Back